Ameet Pall

Mr. Perfect

I would agree with ISO it does not seem like it is worth the time nor money, the effort put in to give him a shot again would be better spent on those we know have better potential and have already proven they have that potential. 

Like Ted Laurent?

You can't be serious? Not in Pall's wildest dreams... Get real. 

No I mean like we should have signed Ted Laurent.

You've convinced me that Ameet Pall is nothing but a bum - if Walters signs him, I'm tearing up my new Purple and White camo jersey.

I would agree with ISO it does not seem like it is worth the time nor money, the effort put in to give him a shot again would be better spent on those we know have better potential and have already proven they have that potential. 

Like Ted Laurent?

You've convinced me that Ameet Pall is nothing but a bum - if Walters signs him, I'm tearing up my new Purple and White camo jersey.

Should have waited till they hit the clearance rack at 75% off. ;)

Like Ted Laurent?

I'm a 'true fan', Iso...

Like Ted Laurent?

I'm a 'true fan', Iso...

I know you are & I'm being serious when I say that. :)

Like Ted Laurent?

I'm a 'true fan', Iso...

I know you are & I'm being serious when I say that. :)

Eddie+Murphy.jpg

I guess, why not give pall a look, bring him in, it can't hurt can it? Yeah he may not have looked good during stamps camp and hasn't done much , if anything since then with the als.. but... sometimes a change of scenery and a new lease on your football life can help, I'd bring him in for a look, a few weeks on the PR... what harm does it do? Not many Canadian DL out there actually.. 

We aren't exactly loaded with canadian depth, can pretend we are but we aren't, let's say jake thomas goes down... YUP. I'd bring him in for a look. 

I guess, why not give pall a look, bring him in, it can't hurt can it? Yeah he may not have looked good during stamps camp and hasn't done much if anything since then but... sometimes a change of scenery and a new lease on your football life can help, I'd bring him in for a look, a few weeks on the PR... what harm does it do? Not many Canadian DL out there actually.. 

You can sure, but... It costs the team money & time... Coaches time & the team money. Even though budgets have expanded,  football ops still doesn't have a ton of money to spend on players that are down to their third strike in 3 seasons. If they are going to bring in a player to evaluate it'll probably be a kid with unknown potential. I think Walters already knows what he'll get with Pall. But who knows, he may bring him in as anything can happen. 

Lol so Mack gets destroyed for some of his draft picks yet when players like Pall are a complete bust it's all on the player and nothing is ever mentioned of the Gm who drafted him.

Why would we bring in Pall..... I'd rather bring in a NI who can actually crack a roster and who maybe is looking for work because they don't fit a teams system,  the team has deep depth or if they are coming off an injury... not a healthy guy who can't even see the field for two teams.

Lol so Mack gets destroyed for some of his draft picks yet when players like Pall are a complete bust it's all on the player and nothing is ever mentioned of the Gm who drafted him.

Why would we bring in Pall..... I'd rather bring in a NI who can actually crack a roster and who maybe is looking for work because they don't fit a teams system,  the team has deep depth or if they are coming off an injury... not a healthy guy who can't even see the field for two teams.

You really want to put Mack's record of draft picks against Huff?? Brad Sinopoli, Brander Craighead,  Brent Jones, Dmitri Tsoumpas, Jesse Newman, Jon Gott, Eric Fraser, Steve Mydellton, J'Michael Deane, Rob Maver, Karl McCartney, Matt Walter, Anthony Parker, Brad Erdos, Keenan McDougall, Shane Bergman, Pierre Lavertu. Yeah, he muffed it on Pall. Can't win em all. 

You really want to put Mack's record of draft picks against Huff?? Brad Sinopoli, Brander Craighead,  Brent Jones, Dmitri Tsoumpas, Jesse Newman, Jon Gott, Eric Fraser, Steve Mydellton, J'Michael Deane, Rob Maver, Karl McCartney, Matt Walter, Anthony Parker, Brad Erdos, Keenan McDougall, Shane Bergman, Pierre Lavertu. Yeah, he muffed it on Pall. Can't win em all.

Eric fraser and Steve Myddleton aren't exactly ringing endorsements either

Bearpants & Floyd, he's not good enough. He got released mid season in his 3rd season as a player. He's never started. He's not even a good ST player or he'd have stuck around in Montreal. Why would he even be worth a look? Time & time again, players that get released at this point in their career have reached their potential. It may not do any harm to look but it seems like a waste of time.

Fair enough... I'm not pretending to know anything about his play since he got drafted (other than the releases).... All I'm saying is if our staff thought he was worth a look, I'd be ok with it...

The question is why did Pall fall out of favour so fast- was it lack of effort, personal stuff getting in the way, a nagging injury or was he just not fit enough? If there was a specific, remediable cause and Pall has taken steps to fix it/them, then he may be worth a shot. Otherwise, Walmart is always looking for greeters.

Eric fraser and Steve Myddleton aren't exactly ringing endorsements either

Now you're just nit-picking.... Sure Myddleton and Fraser aren't all-stars but they're both serviceable players.... The kind of depth players every team would want... definitely not busts.... but like Iso said, "can't win em all"

Ameet Pall went into his first training camp injured and was released with the intention that he'd stay in Calgary to have surgery and rehab there to join the club later. He decided that he'd rather collect a paycheque on Montreal's IR than sit in Calgary so he left town. Honestly you can't blame a guy for that.

10 games - 3 special teams tackles in the CFL.

The reason why he was able to hang around this long:

2011 pre season Southern Conference Defensive Player of the Year

2011 pre season All American

2010 All American (from 4 publications)

2010 Southern Conference sack leader with 12.5 (plus 22.5 Tackles for Loss)

2010 Southern Conference Defensive Player of the Year

Played as a true freshman and started as a sophomore.