Random thoughts from last night...

gbill2004

Really like the initial post in this thread... great stuff.

As for random thoughts...

Would love to see Wild-Kromah-Sears...  Dunn plays soft (there's a reason that Washington and Peach's tackles are inflated) and Kuale is just not quite good enough, who knows if Kromah still has it but I'd give him a shot

Stoudemire at runningback...  the guy has some jets and can run over blockers, he is the type of back we need - something to think about anyway

Love the idea of rotating our Cdn receivers, right now getting Carter playing time would be better than putting Romby out there

Passing on proven Cdn talent is just a bad policy - Laurent and Messam make this team better even if they don't 'fit' the scheme... good coaches find a way to get the most out of players.  Sure hope Walters is on the phone with Buono right now.

You know I wondered that last night. Curious to know if he takes RB reps in practice.

Really like the initial post in this thread... great stuff.

As for random thoughts...

Would love to see Wild-Kromah-Sears...  Dunn plays soft (there's a reason that Washington and Peach's tackles are inflated) and Kuale is just not quite good enough, who knows if Kromah still has it but I'd give him a shot

Stoudemire at runningback...  the guy has some jets and can run over blockers, he is the type of back we need - something to think about anyway

Love the idea of rotating our Cdn receivers, right now getting Carter playing time would be better than putting Romby out there

Passing on proven Cdn talent is just a bad policy - Laurent and Messam make this team better even if they don't 'fit' the scheme... good coaches find a way to get the most out of players.  Sure hope Walters is on the phone with Buono right now.

You know I wondered that last night. Curious to know if he takes RB reps in practice.

I don't think he's ever played the position but he was a WR...  looks way more like a Bellefuile-type back than anyone else we have right now.

1. Stoudermire was a beast

2. Romby had some issues last night and I don't see what he really brings as a veteran presence, at least it seems that this time around, he cares though

3. Howard sucked, January sucked too. January seems to get a free pass at times on this forum but he has not been good the last 2 games either, I'm starting to think our worst Olinemen are our Imports

4. Why was Willy still playing near the end?

5. Our  Run D needs help, we are munchkins out there

6. Teague Sherman has really stepped up his game this year

7. Would like to see Bolton or McDuffie instead of Grigsby and Cotton...

8. Really need to figure out how to stop the run and to get the run game going more

9. Willy is gonna get hurt one of these games

10. With all that  being said, on a short week, it was pretty obvious or D was gassed by the 4th quarter, Even Randle Island got invaded last night a few times, Bruce Johnson continues to impress though

One last thought, The PI call, man oh man... like others have said, the floodgates are going to open now.. Glenn Johnson on pre-game said to have patience and give them some time and went on to explain some of the problems they have with some of the penalties, said there are 19 different things to tell a guy coming in to the league, needs to be simplified.. Have to agree with him there. 

My random thoughts....

How come Boston Pizza continually changes their menu and removes favorite dishes such as Cactus Nachos (cuts smothered in cheese) , chicken parm sandwich and szeuchwan pizza yet they keep on the menu the garbage like the pizza-burger? Also why the raise in prices it's not that great?

Why doesn't Chris Tucker make movies? I know he's blown all his money away and it looks like he's doing another Rush Hour... but I'm sure the guy could score a tonne of big roles and he's way funnier then his mini-me Kevin Hart.     What's the deal with Black comedians who become huge then disappear (Murphy, Tucker, Chappelle)....

What's the deal with weeds....   why can they grow to be massive in my yard without being watered yet the areas of my grass where I do water struggles to grow.  Why can't grass grow crazy big with ease while Weeds struggle?

What's the deal with MIL's?  Is their some kind of secret society where women must make their SIL's life miserable??

Banned from this site indefinitely.

1.  We have a good QB but the supporting cast needs improvement

2.  With Nick Moore in the line up our receivers can stack up to any other group in the league

3.  Our O-line doesn't look as good as it did in the beginning of the year but that's mainly due to the abandonment of the run game

4.  Willy is one TOUGH customer

5.  Our defence is on the smaller side and as we all predicted, Etch's defence is old hat and the other teams are developing schemes on how to beat it

6.  Kicking game...no real concerns there

7.  O'Shea is the best coach we've had since Dave Ritchie but is still learning the ropes.  But I'd rather have O'Shea than Higgins

8.  I'm not sure what we can do on defence as most fixes would probably require new personnel and that's difficult to do during the season

9.  We may just have found a returner that is a real threat to take one everytime he touches the ball

10. We're significantly better than last year and honestly had no expectations that we'd make the playoffs this season

In short, sure I hated to loose the last two games but this team is still a work in progress and don't forget that our starting QB has less than 12 CFL starts under his belt. It will only get better with our coaching and more experience.

My random thoughts....

How come Boston Pizza continually changes their menu and removes favorite dishes such as Cactus Nachos (cuts smothered in cheese) , chicken parm sandwich and szeuchwan pizza yet they keep on the menu the garbage like the pizza-burger? Also why the raise in prices it's not that great?

Why doesn't Chris Tucker make movies? I know he's blown all his money away and it looks like he's doing another Rush Hour... but I'm sure the guy could score a tonne of big roles and he's way funnier then his mini-me Kevin Hart.     What's the deal with Black comedians who become huge then disappear (Murphy, Tucker, Chappelle)....

What's the deal with weeds....   why can they grow to be massive in my yard without being watered yet the areas of my grass where I do water struggles to grow.  Why can't grass grow crazy big with ease while Weeds struggle?

What's the deal with MIL's?  Is their some kind of secret society where women must make their SIL's life miserable??

Banned from this site indefinitely.

Cmon, it was a giant meatball surrounded with a kinda slimy pastry.  A marvelous concept that cratered in execution.

I also would love to hear what people thought about that PI call last night.

They really screwed themselves with that one. The league hashas really opened the floodgates on PI challenges now.

Yea that's exactly the opposite of what I was hoping for in terms of this challengable PI concept.. It's all over the place as to what is or isn't being called.. What was the issue on that one? The slight bump as they both went up? The miniscule hand fighting? This is just going to become a massive bungalow now... And kudos man, you definitely called it..

OShea just made the wrong decision...  that Aaron Kelly PI would have kept the drive alive - worth a shot, you never know in this league.  He had nothing to lose and still had all his challenges at the end of the game I believe.

He's backed off a bit on challenges and isn't maximizing timeouts... but I'm sure he'll get it figured.

They really screwed themselves with that one. The league has really opened the floodgates on PI challenges now.

Well, I get crap around here a lot because I always look at calls from an objective point of view. If you're holding, you're holding - it doesn't matter the colour of your uniform or whether or not I'm cheering for that colour. Both the 'illegal hands to face' penalties were, for example good calls (bad on Howard, but the officials got it right). 

On the PI (which luckily cost us nothing) Suitor was 100% right. It was a poorly thrown ball, and Bucknor did absolutely nothing to prohibit the receiver to go to get it. All Bucknor did, as per Suitor, was go after it too - which he has a right to. Yes, it looked like he had his hand on the receivers back, and he definitely 'pushed' him a little bit for sure - but it's a game of contact and that happens all the time. 

TBH - if the live official thought that was PI and threw the flag, I'd have a hard time overturning it. But, the live official was fine with the contact, he had the best view point. So why some dingledorf in Toronto decided to overturn it....... wow just wow. 

You're right, it could open the floodgates, as you call that PI, then you could call PI on pretty much 90% of the incomplete passes there are when a defender is in the immediate vicinity. 

Big black mark on the CFL there - obviously they wanted Toronto to win this game. 

My random thoughts....

It's the root system.  Weeds have roots that are thicker and more importantly grow deeper.  People who water their lawns frequently create poor root systems for their grass.  Less frequent waterings encourages the roots to grow deeper in search of moisture, and in times of low precipitation these lawns will be more durable than lawns that are overwatered.  Over time a healthy lawn should overtake the weeds.  So they say.

In theory... Hell, in theory communism works lol

Gravity is only a theory...

My random thoughts....

What's the deal with weeds.... why can they grow to be massive in my yard without being watered yet the areas of my grass where I do water struggles to grow. Why can't grass grow crazy big with ease while Weeds struggle?

It's the root system. Weeds have roots that are thicker and more importantly grow deeper. People who water their lawns frequently create poor root systems for their grass. Less frequent waterings encourages the roots to grow deeper in search of moisture, and in times of low precipitation these lawns will be more durable than lawns that are overwatered. Over time a healthy lawn should overtake the weeds. So they say.

In theory... Hell, in theory communism works lol

Gravity is only a theory...

Mind.... Blown!

They really screwed themselves with that one. The league has really opened the floodgates on PI challenges now.

Well, I get crap around here a lot because I always look at calls from an objective point of view. If you're holding, you're holding - it doesn't matter the colour of your uniform or whether or not I'm cheering for that colour. Both the 'illegal hands to face' penalties were, for example good calls (bad on Howard, but the officials got it right). 

On the PI (which luckily cost us nothing) Suitor was 100% right. It was a poorly thrown ball, and Bucknor did absolutely nothing to prohibit the receiver to go to get it. All Bucknor did, as per Suitor, was go after it too - which he has a right to. Yes, it looked like he had his hand on the receivers back, and he definitely 'pushed' him a little bit for sure - but it's a game of contact and that happens all the time. 

TBH - if the live official thought that was PI and threw the flag, I'd have a hard time overturning it. But, the live official was fine with the contact, he had the best view point. So why some dingledorf in Toronto decided to overturn it....... wow just wow. 

You're right, it could open the floodgates, as you call that PI, then you could call PI on pretty much 90% of the incomplete passes there are when a defender is in the immediate vicinity. 

Big black mark on the CFL there - obviously they wanted Toronto to win this game. 

That's my assumption - like all other calls, if a flag was thrown (or a play deemed a fumble), there needs to be overwhelming evidence to overturn it.  Same thing if a flag was NOT thrown (or he was called down by contact). 

This just seems... ugh.  In live motion, I thought it was obvious he was going for a ball.  Slowing it down, it could be either way imo.

It's always easy to officiate from the couch.....same goes for the armchair coaches

It should be equally easy to referee from the review booth....

You would flippin' think so... I cannot fathom how with review, they still botch things..