Riders unveil their "Signature Look" jersey

Mike

I actually don't think the Jersey is as bad as some are making it out to be, the helmet sure is nasty though and the pants don't really help but the Jersey isn't too bad overall, I like the green colour there. Eliminate the tramp stamp on the  back and the Jersey by itself looks fine to me. 

Looks similar to the new eagles jerseys or rumoured new eagles jerseys minus the shoulder stuff but whatever really, don't own a riders jersey, don't plan on getting one any time soon. Have 3 bomber jerseys, Only really wear one, if i was to buy the new one, like the other 2 i have that i don't wear, it would just sit in the closet. 

Makes the Riders look Reptillian.  I'm not sure I hate the uniform as a whole but the jersey alone isn't that nice.  It's like everything else that comes out.  You will have XXX number of people like it and XXX number of people hate it.  Its not like we can all get along and agree on everything like in the LEGO movie! #everythingisawesome

Makes the Riders look Reptillian.  I'm not sure I hate the uniform as a whole but the jersey alone isn't that nice.  It's like everything else that comes out.  You will have XXX number of people like it and XXX number of people hate it.  Its not like we can all get along and agree on everything like in the LEGO movie! #everythingisawesome

In that strain, I met someone who HATES the Lego Movie? What. The. Hell.

I feel sorry for this person.

Don't hate them, but don't really like them all that much. They're tacky, over-the-top but I can tolerate them. BC's look better but are worse functionally, as I could never tell the names on the back.

They're very NCAA-like. Generally the younger generations like that style.

I feel sorry for this person.

Me too. Everything is cool when you're part of the team.

These thin mens suits... Most guys can't wear them... You have to be 135 lbs to look good in them. I see the Joseph Abood ads on CFL games & man, they are ugly.... back to the 60's with thin lapels. I blame it all on Ryan Seacrest.

Hey I got nothing against thin lapels and thinner jackets but that's only because of my body type, what really bugs me is the super skinny pants that are all the rage today. Some of us actually have thighs and an ass here and I can't cram them into the skinny legs on pants these days., 

I actually don't think the Jersey is as bad as some are making it out to be, the helmet sure is nasty though and the pants don't really help but the Jersey isn't too bad overall, I like the green colour there. Eliminate the tramp stamp on the  back and the Jersey by itself looks fine to me. 

Looks similar to the new eagles jerseys or rumoured new eagles jerseys minus the shoulder stuff but whatever really, don't own a riders jersey, don't plan on getting one any time soon. Have 3 bomber jerseys, Only really wear one, if i was to buy the new one, like the other 2 i have that i don't wear, it would just sit in the closet. 

I kinda like the helmet, but I have no class or taste so...

These thin mens suits... Most guys can't wear them... You have to be 135 lbs to look good in them. I see the Joseph Abood ads on CFL games & man, they are ugly.... back to the 60's with thin lapels. I blame it all on Ryan Seacrest.

Hey I got nothing against thin lapels and thinner jackets but that's only because of my body type, what really bugs me is the super skinny pants that are all the rage today. Some of us actually have thighs and an ass here and I can't cram them into the skinny legs on pants these days., 

Maybe that's what it is. The skinny legs & the length of the pants that show socks. It just looks cheap. I'm 218 lbs. I couldn't wear one of those suits. I'd rip the pants. I still blame Ryan Seacrest. ;) At the same time, I have 2 twenty something sons who have no sense of fashion at all. My oldest got married & didn't want a suit. Just slacks, dress shoes, dress shirt & tie. I said, this is your wedding day, you need a suit jacket & he refused. My youngest doesn't have a suit but if he did, yikes!!

It's funny to hear these jerseys being called hipster. I think of these as the opposite of hipster -- a proper retro jersey would be far more "hipster".

Those suits you're describing (and thank God for them -- finally people can wear suits that look good without spending $1000) are a little hipster, but not flashy bright clothing and all that. I would say most of that is pretty bro-y.

But what do I know? I bought a grey-pink suit from England and love it. Heh.

(Also, all these new jerseys will suck. :P)

I know it's a generation thing going here but those Joseph Abood suits look awful. To me, they lookcloser to being $100 suits as opposed to looking like $1,000 suits. Or maybe it's the models wearing them.. Probably a combination of both. I've a retro Dieter Brock jersey & I'm about as far away from being a hipster as anything. 

The most hipsterish thing I've seen lately is a 20something kid rocking a vintage royal blue #15 Zorn jersey at the Edmonton game.

I got shots of him to show to my friends in Seattle.

"He's a quarterback, he was big in the states, you probably haven't heard of him."

I know it's a generation thing going here but those Joseph Abood suits look awful. To me, they lookcloser to being $100 suits as opposed to looking like $1,000 suits. Or maybe it's the models wearing them.. Probably a combination of both. I've a retro Dieter Brock jersey & I'm about as far away from being a hipster as anything.

See a Dieter Brock jersey in the time appropriate colours is totally not hipster. A new "fan" who's never heard of the bombers before last year suddenly wants to look "authentic" so has a 2014 rookie's name on a royal blue... Well that's hipster - or it would be if anything remotely connected to football could be hipster.

crop_20607932306.jpg

It's actually ... not bad. The green face mask is awful, but it's not as over the top as I thought it'd be.

I think it's a pretty smart design. I like how the "wheat" is incorporated into the helmet, shoulders, and numbers. And the neon green is a hot color right now with the Ducks and the Seahawks.

These ones are for the players who've had to wear some fugly retros in recent years.

I bet they don't sell very well at all, with any generation.  Many of the NCAA ones don't.  They literally dress more and more ridiculous to get mentioned on SportsCenter and other national shows, trying to build program awareness by dressing like fools.