Argos at Als / Leos at Stampeders

Some big games to watch tonight.  Everyone wants to know who's gonna break out of the East's slump, winner of this first game could do it.  Pivotal game for at least one team tonight.

For Montreal, this could be Troy Smith's "Do Or Die" game.  He's had some rough ones on the road so far in McMahan and BC Place, but has done fairly well at home so far.  A win tonight and the Als will continue to ride the TS Train, but should signs of struggle become eminent, the word is the Als will turn to Marsh or Brink this game.

For Toronto, the injuries have decimated their playmaking receiving corps, and someone is gonna need to step up for Ricky Ray if the Argos hope to get back on track.  And someone on Burke's defense also is gonna need to step up and become a leader there.

Critical game here for both squads, though I think in Montreal's case, given their current personnel situation, I think it's much more critical for them.  The Argos injuries to Durie, Owens, and Barnes have obviously hurt them a lot, but once they get healthy they got the ability to make a comeback into the playoff picture.  The Als on the other hand, they start getting behind in East vs East games and I think they're done.

Calgary vs BC will be interesting.  Calgary has continued to find ways to win despite some of Mitchell's struggles, yet you just feel their luck won't hold up forever.  BC has their problems but they've also shown they can surprise you when you least expect it.  Gonna be a good game here tonight.

Taking both "underdogs" tonight.  MTL over TOR and BC over CGY.

Like you said, I believe that Bo Levi's luck is about to run out, and BC is likely to be fired up.  Also, don't underestimate the impact of Ricky Schmitt returning to the lineup... having McCallum punt and kickoff was killing them.

Montreal, I believe they will ride Whitaker to victory.  I have zero confidence in Toronto's defence.

I agree that this could be Smith's last game. Atomic, as you say, the Argo Defense is in shambles right now, kinda like how our whole team was last year. Coincidence? If Smith can't do anything at home against the Argo D he's gotta be toast - enter Alex Brink lol. 

I'm not saying Mtrl needs to 'win' either for Smith to keep his job. He's just got to show he can be a starting Qb as up to date all he's shown is, well, um not a heck of a lot other than against us. 

Reluctantly I'm taking Montreal. The Als are a mess but Ray's best options on offence are a rookie and a guy who until last week was out of football for a year and a half. I wouldn't mind seeing Toronto getting Slaton involved. He's looked a lot more dangerous than Steele running the ball. I would be very surprised if this turns out to be an entertaining game. 

As for B.C. and Calgary, I don't see it being particularly entertaining either. BLM is just getting by right now. Aside from the game at Rogers Centre in week two I believe it was he hasn't been overly impressive in my opinion. They miss Cornish and Price something fierce right now but their defence is keeping the show running for them in the win column. Charlston Hughes should have a big game and unless B.C. gets Harris going, this isn't a game Glenn is going to win by himself.