BigBlue

Looks like LeFevour make take the number one spot from Collaros

Marsh  likely will get a real chance to replace the fair haired Heisman winner

Beck the old pro (the 32 year old NFL vet) looks like he has too much to learn

The way Reilly plays I bet we are going to see how good Matt Nichols is

Harris will be no challenge to Ricky Ray ,,,, ditto Sunseri to Durant

Ottawa better hope Burris will start all 18 games again this year

Mitchell is winning but  Tate seems to  have run the team better in the past

On average CFL QB's rarely start all 18 games .... Brohm will get his chance but I believe Marvel (yes I know no L)  will eventually be our # 2 ... I am not sure why but I have my suspicions

Le Fevour looked  terrible against the Stamps  but great  against Ottawa.  Maybe their bad D had something to  do  with it. Lefevour sure dangled Eric Fraser a couple of times on those  screens. There was a reason the Stamps never protected him in the Expansion Draft. 

Le Fevour looked  terrible against the Stamps  but great  against Ottawa.  Maybe their bad D had something to  do  with it. Lefevour sure dangled Eric Fraser a couple of times on those  screens. There was a reason the Stamps never protected him in the Expansion Draft.

Two awful teams going toe to toe. Lefevour get eaten alive by the better defences in this league. On a side note did anyone notice JJ getting scorched tonight. He was about 15 yards out of position. Then later he gets an interception and tells the world. "I'm back!!" You sure are JJ...you sure are.

Two awful teams going toe to toe. Lefevour get eaten alive by the better defences in this league. On a side note did anyone notice JJ getting scorched tonight. He was about 15 yards out of position. Then later he gets an interception and tells the world. "I'm back!!" You sure are JJ...you sure are.

That was great. Typical Jovon. Glad garbage like that is off our team.

" Lefevour get eaten alive by the better defences in this league": Collaros hasn't looked so great either ... certainly nothing like the trophy he has been made out to be .... I think Collaros was just a cog in Toronto's machine and in Hamilton doesn't look like the same part

Danny does know a thing or 2 about qbs. On that Odell Willis hit on Zack Collaros anyone notice the huge Tim Tebow windup he has? Compare it to the tight, quick release of Drew Willy. Once he has the football in the ready position, top shelf. then zip... no windup because it's gone.

If I was the GM I'd probably be on the chopping block right now... I was a Collaros guy... but that being said, I always admitted along the way I hadn't really seen much of Willy (prior to this year, obviously) so I didn't really know what he would bring...

If I was the GM I'd probably be on the chopping block right now... I was a Collaros guy... but that being said, I always admitted along the way I hadn't really seen much of Willy (prior to this year, obviously) so I didn't really know what he would bring...

The only time I saw Willy was his dramatic comeback against us in 2012 in the Banjo Bowl, after Burke the tactician decided to punt rather than go for the field goal. His last minute drive to win the game was very similar to his game-winning drive against Montreal. The guy doesn't quit and wants to win very badly. That's about all I knew and that was good enough for me to at least give him a chance with us. So glad we got him instead of Zach or Frank.

How would you rate the Young Guns this season (Players with one year or less of playing experience who are starting)?

1. Willy: Improving every game. Showed resilience after the loss to Edmonton. Strong arm, quick release with great pocket presence. His players have confidence in him. Lead Bombers to 4-1 record. Takes care of football. Not a risk taker. Although the late interception in BC wasn't the smartest thing to do. Chalk that up to a rookie mistake which he'll likely do ever again. Likes to test opposition secondaries with his arm & the deep ball. Very good accuracy on his throws. 

2. Reilly: No one can say he isn't tough as shown he can absorb hits. Strong arm. Shown he can run which is a new threat. Isn't the greatest decision maker at times but like Willy has his team at 4-1 Likes to throw deep with Stamps & Bowman his targets. 

3. BLM: Has all the tools & may just be the most confident of all the Young Guns. Plays in a great system, doesn't try to  do it all himself. Having some problems the past couple of game few finding a rhythm offensively which has led to a lot of 2 & outs & his third place ranking by me probably due to injuries on the OL, running back & receiver positions. He is missing a number of key starters & weapons like Mo Price & Jon Cornish. With Huff & Dickenson there, to coach him up, he'll get better. Like Willy & Reilly, BLM will go deep whenever he can. 

4. LeFevour: Pretty much a mystery man with just two starts under his belt but the success he had against Ottawa vaults him past Troy Smith in Montreal who is having a horrendous season. Is a threat with his legs but we don't know much about his arm. It looked strong this week vs Ottawa this past Saturday throwing but earlier this season in Calgary, his arm looked noodle strength when he underthrew an open receiver from 25 yards away for a sure touchdown. He's athletic, can scramble away from the rush & get downfield. 

5. Troy Smith   What more can be said? He has huge accuracy issues with his throws. Missing open receivers all over the field. Surprised he is still around at his age but I guess athleticism will take you a long way. If there was anyone on the Als roster to challenge Smith, he'd be playing by now. Supposed to have the strongest arm of all starters in the CFL.Thing is, what 's the good if he can't get the ball to his receivers? Tells you what the Als coaches think of Alex Brink.

6. Zack Collaros: Not the season he expected. Was humbled in Saskatchewan in the rain with 10 sacks & then got destroyed in Edmonton. Has flaws in his mechanics with a sidearm release & the Tim Tebow windup which affects accuracy & slows his release down. Which makes him a target for interceptions & qb sacks. From what little I saw of him, I'm glad we signed Drew Willy & not him.

CFL News @CFL_News

#Alouettes coaching staff have told QB Troy Smith that he needs to play better. Otherwise he will be replaced. #CFL via @DidierRDS

Replaced by who? Tanner Marsh? The only difference between Smith and Marsh is the color of their skin. Both of them can't do much but erratically throw the ball deep. 

I'm a little surprised Neiswander was never picked up actually.

CFL News @CFL_News

#Alouettes coaching staff have told QB Troy Smith that he needs to play better. Otherwise he will be replaced. #CFL via @DidierRDS

Replaced by who? Tanner Marsh? The only difference between Smith and Marsh is the color of their skin. Both of them can't do much but erratically throw the ball deep. 

lol

CFL News @CFL_News

Ouch.. not shocking but still.. Whos next, marsh?

CFL News @CFL_News

Alex Brink...