Time To Trade For Tate Is Now

Brandon

With Calgary seemingly fed up with his constant injuries...

Why not make a trade for him now? Send Jovon and Poblah and Buck for Tate and another player.

We should always have a cfl veteran qb, he'd be the perfect filler guy to have to ride out this season while Goltz gets more experience.

Considering how crappy Montreal and Hamilton are, I think the odds of us getting into the playoffs would be much higher with Tate then Buck.

I think he'd be the only qb that could salvage or season. Anyone agree?

Who could they bring in that could do anything?

Honestly. I think they need a coach and OC. It's odd that since Glenn we haven't be able to groom a single QB out of the what 20 we have brought in. Not one of those guys was any good? Are we just that bad at finding QBs or are they not coached properly? Teams like Calgary and Toronto just magically find guys who come in with a month of CFL experience and walk all over us? The difference being Toronto and Calgary have good coaches, a QB coach and an OC that can find them a successful game plan. Lets start with a new OC and a QB coach before ditching another prospect in Goltz.

Not really high on Tate.  So many injuries and honestly he's played so sporadically that I'm not sure he'll still be a really good QB.

So true. He became the starter in late 2010 and since then has only actually started 10 games (including playoffs) out of about 30 played.

Yeah I'm with those that DON'T want Tate here.  He's a headcase and gets injured like Buck does.  We don't need more crap here, we need someone with a better attitude then that.

We need someone who can be the face of the Bombers like Khari or Buck.  Remember when Khari was here and his face was painted all over the cities bus's?  They did great PR with that and got butts in the seats.  You don't want some jackass to be your QB.  I second Colleros or Mitchell.

So no one wants to try to salvage this season then? Tate has what Five TD passes this year with only a few games played. That's more then all of our guys have done all year.

I'd rather risk it this year with Tate then with Buck

He's injured and will be out for at least 2-3 more weeks and that's if this treatment works. He can't throw TD passes from the IR.

So I'm going to assume the fans are ok with writing off this year then?   

I don't consider riding our current stable "writing off this year". We're right in the thick of the terrible East Div. No reason we couldn't make playoffs with what we've got.

I don't consider riding our current stable "writing off this year". We're right in the thick of the terrible East Div. No reason we couldn't make playoffs with what we've got.

Sure but if we're going to make a move on a QB. It needs to be done before the expansion draft.  

I don't understand how anyone thinks Buck 2.0 is the answer to our Quarterback woes.

Exactly.   While we don't have a bonafide QB... our O line should be targetted for improvement.  If the O line can give guys like Goltz more time, he's only going to excel.   Goltz has the tools so lets develop him.  I know this won't appease the those of us who want a Grey Cup right away but the revolving door at QB has to stop.