Time To Trade For Tate Is Now

Brandon

Buck has almost nothing to do with trading for Tait.  Even the biggest Buck fans know he's not the future.  Even people who think he should start the next game know he's not the future.  Even if he starts, stays helthy, gets us in the playoffs, he's not the future.

Tait would be the future.  This has everything to do with how you feel about Tait.  Will he be healthy?  How good is he?  Is he an ass?  What would he cost?  Would you rather make a play for Bo Levi, Drew Willy, Collaros?  Are you willing to start up 2014 with Goltz?  Those are the decsions.  Buck is irrelevent. 

One man's opinion. 

Like I said, I don't know about those other qbs you mentioned. But BLM as he is called in Calgary won't be traded here. Is Tate an ass? Maybe yes, maybe no. But from all appearances & the way he acts, I would say yes. The  one thing he does do, if things aren't going well, he throws his teammates & others who are convenient under the bus. Don't like his attitude at all.

Buck has almost nothing to do with trading for Tait.  Even the biggest Buck fans know he's not the future.  Even people who think he should start the next game know he's not the future.  Even if he starts, stays helthy, gets us in the playoffs, he's not the future.

Tait would be the future.  This has everything to do with how you feel about Tait.  Will he be healthy?  How good is he?  Is he an ass?  What would he cost?  Would you rather make a play for Bo Levi, Drew Willy, Collaros?  Are you willing to start up 2014 with Goltz?  Those are the decsions.  Buck is irrelevent. 

One man's opinion. 

Tate is NOT the future.

One man's opinion. 

Tait's a good writer, but that's where I draw the line.

I'd rather have Glenn to be honest. Solid and dependable. In a weak eastern division we might be able to win the east with him, and have Goltz learn and package some plays for him, then in a year or two hopefully Goltz is ready. But who knows they said that about Glenn in Hamilton with Porter, and with Tate in Calgary. Glenn's remained the constant. Goes to show how under rated this guy really is.

Contrast Kevin Glenn the consumate professional who never ******* in public to Drew Tate the complainer & whiner who blames others for all of his problems. And Glenn gets no respect which is unbelievable. As soon as Tate is healthy, they'll annoint him the starter again in Calgary which is so unfair. I have no idea what they see in the guy other than a player with a huge chip on his shoulder.

The point I've made (and ill type slowly for some of you) is that Buck has been a talented QB and won games. Has he played poorly this season? Absolutely. So has Goltz.

My point is this is the same knee jerk expert fan BS opinion we all heard about Kevin Glenn. All I'm saying is perhaps a terrible OC, terrible O line and a bunch of injuries made buck look worse than he really is.

And my final point is, if Buck can't play anymore, so be it. But if he gives us out best chance to win then he should be given the chance. And if he wins what are you all going to say then?

I had no issue with Goltz playing but he should have been pulled in the 3rd and replaced by buck. Period.

It's a reasonable argument.

The point I've made (and ill type slowly for some of you) is that Buck has been a talented QB and won games. Has he played poorly this season? Absolutely. So has Goltz.

My point is this is the same knee jerk expert fan BS opinion we all heard about Kevin Glenn. All I'm saying is perhaps a terrible OC, terrible O line and a bunch of injuries made buck look worse than he really is.

And my final point is, if Buck can't play anymore, so be it. But if he gives us out best chance to win then he should be given the chance. And if he wins what are you all going to say then?

I had no issue with Goltz playing but he should have been pulled in the 3rd and replaced by buck. Period.

It's a reasonable argument.

That was last Sunday. The "rest of the season" lasted until today. You can't expect Burke to change his mind when he wanted Goltz to  start the rest of the season until their next game, What a clown show. And for the record I'm not impressed with Goltz & ultimately I don't think he'll be around here long but I'm all for giving the kid a chance to see if I'm wrong.

Contrast Kevin Glenn the consumate professional who never ******* in public to Drew Tate the complainer & whiner who blames others for all of his problems. And Glenn gets no respect which is unbelievable. As soon as Tate is healthy, they'll annoint him the starter again in Calgary which is so unfair. I have no idea what they see in the guy other than a player with a huge chip out of his shoulder.

Fixed the last sentence for ya.

That was last Sunday. The "rest of the season" lasted until today. You can't expect Burke to change his mind when he wanted Goltz to  start the rest of the season until their next game, What a clown show. And for the record I'm not impressed with Goltz & ultimately I don't think he'll be around here long but I'm all for giving the kid a chance to see if I'm wrong.

As Lawless pointed out this morning Tim never said that Goltz was the starter for the rest of the season.  He used the word "He will be the starter going forward".

I still don't agree with it though!

Just handing the job to Burke was the single biggest mistake Joe Mack ever made. That 52-0 labour day game and the one 2 weeks later were enough for me to say "yeah this guy isn't a good option at head coach" let alone that stupid ******* punt call in the banjo bowl. Then he goes and tells the world it's PIerce as his qb and only PIerce cut the guys with experience. Just one mistake after another.