Time To Trade For Tate Is Now

Brandon

Exactly. While we don't have a bonafide QB... our O line should be targetted for improvement. If the O line can give guys like Goltz more time, he's only going to excel. Goltz has the tools so lets develop him. I know this won't appease the those of us who want a Grey Cup right away but the revolving door at QB has to stop.

Couldn't agree more.

There is no sense in trading for a 'franchise quarterback' or a 'quaterback of the future' if you aren't going to be able to protect him and put that player in the best possible position to succeed. Offense starts and ends on the line. Without protection, a quarterback can't throw the ball. Without being able to open running lanes a running back is going nowhere and won't be able to take pressure off a young, developing quarterback. The key for future success (offensively) is to rebuild the offensive line.

Buck's ship has hopefully sailed. Personally as a fan,  I don't want to see him play here again, ever. He may be our most experienced qb but it has to be over. Look at all the blood  letting that went on yesterday, 90% of that over what Buck Pierce brought to this team... To bring him back now after all this would be incredibly insane. We can't win with him.

If buck played and won every game some of you would still want him gone.

So, you actually think that would happen? This team has to move on from Pierce. i think they should have cut Pierce to stop the temptation to go back to him & all the crap that goes with that decision comes back.

So no one wants to try to salvage this season then? Tate has what Five TD passes this year with only a few games played. That's more then all of our guys have done all year.

I'd rather risk it this year with Tate then with Buck

As much as I like Tate's ability when he is healthy, it's looking a lot like he is just a younger version of Buck. If we are to 'salvage the season' as you say, it wouldn't be with Tate. And of he were here and healthy for next season we likely would be in the same boat with him as we were with Pierce in 2010 and 2012 and spinning our wheels once again.

Also, no way Calgary would want Jovon or Buck.

I'm basically suggesting to have Tate take Bucks spot on the roster. We keep Goltz playing and if he stinks the joint up I'd way rather have Tate go in then Buck. They are equally injury proned however Tate has looked fantastic when he does play while Buck has been the worst qb in the league.

I'm not saying put all eggs on Tate, suggesting we bring him in to get some wins this year and maybe in the future he can be our Kevin Glenn.