29,000 seats sold for tonight

well the counter was exact. There was 27,504 went to the game.... which means basically ZERO purchases were made about 30 minutes before the game. NO PRE-GAME walk up. That is bad.

Is that the attendance they announced? CFL.ca has the attendance at 27,553.

maybe it was a mistake cause is see 2 other places with different numbers. at least i know the ticketmaster counter works. but it also means zero or almost zero pre-game walk up tickets were bought. i saw a line about 50 but maybe they were just pick ups.

Oh god drop it already.  Nobody cares about the lack of walk-ups, and even if they did, there is nothing we can do about it now.  Write a whiny letter to Asper and seal the envelope with your tears, and stop crying already,

It's hard to get to IGF? Hmmmm. If location hurts walk up it must be extremely casual fans who don't really care if there are tickets available when they get there. It's pretty easy to buy tickets.

It's 12:30 and I just got home.  Left after the final knee, made no stops on the way.

That's going to kill walk-up, especially on these Thursday nights.

I"d say if you're not in the South end yes, walkups will kill you. Though it wasn't an easy jaunt from transcona to Polo Park either, so there was that. But, bus service to polo was a lot better than to the south. 

Yeah, walkups will never be big. Stadium should have been build closer to downtown - forks area would have been perfect if there was a spot for it (don't think there is though). But at least they were smart enough to put the MTS centre downtown

Now a days though people don't really need to walk up.  They can buy the tickets online right before the game if they decide to go.

I also thought of walk ups as tickets sold the day of the game anyway not people who just showed up to the stadium at game time. Who does that in this day and age when you can buy a ticket online and have it on your phone? 

the reason why the stadium location hurts walk up has been discussed on TSN1290 and CJOb bomber pre game shows. Last week I believe it was the post game show. And it's just common sense. You are never going to get a bunch of youths playing football in the backyard or swimming with the family/friends going ''i want to go to the bomber game'' response ''well how can we get there?'' 

I know where I grew up in Birds Hill my parents and friends parents would never let us go downtown but if we wanted to go to a Jets game or Blue Bomber game they always knew that polo park was our meeting place before/after. It was safer. I can only imagine my parents saying ''sure you can go to IGF field and just go to one of those park and rider spots.... its too much work for everyone involved so we would stay home and watch the game on television which is another issue. Back then games were mostly blacked out unless you had those large illegal satellite dishes that would get TSN out of ontario or CBC Brandon (if you remember what it was like in the '80's and '90s.....

Another thing is you will not get approx 1,000 maybe even more fans who just happen to be around polo park saying ''lets go to a football game''..... you will never get that at IGF. Those days are done.... 

In regards to Asper. Yes it's his fault because he anchored the location to try to get this foot in the door. He had no money of his own and he wanted the levels of gov't to support him and give the team for free as assurance that he can support the team with his real estate dream.... If he would have come clean the BB would have dealt with the CanadInn guy and most likely would have built the stadium at the Red River Ex or somewhere along the perimeter near the new CentrePort highway which would have instilled economic growth instead of burning money into land that leads to nothing but a concrete stadium in IGF.

How is it any better having the stadium at Assiniboia Downs for people other than those living on the west side of the city? Both locations (University where IGF is located or potentially at the Downs would have had their problems.  At least Polo Park was somewhat centralized with very good bus service in & out. Lots of parking as well. Getting to & from the stadium by car wasn't too bad either. 

taking the bus to IGF is easier/quicker than taking the bus to CanadInns... I've done both many times...

It's hard to get to IGF? Hmmmm. If location hurts walk up it must be extremely casual fans who don't really care if there are tickets available when they get there. It's pretty easy to buy tickets.

It's 12:30 and I just got home.  Left after the final knee, made no stops on the way.

Vastly different experience for me. 

Left at the final whistle .. On University Crescent 10:54 last night .. walked in my front door 11:08 .. it was an absolute breeze.

Vastly different experience for me. 

Left at the final whistle .. On University Crescent 10:54 last night .. walked in my front door 11:08 .. it was an absolute breeze.

I didn't find the ride home bad either.  We stayed right till the end and got back home at 11:40.  That's pretty good considering it's a 15-20 minute walk to where we park & we live in Transcona.