WPG vs Ottawa Preview And Thoughts

And by the way, why did Ottawa get to invent a "Disabled List"?  And why is Wallace Miles so special that he gets on it rather than one of the IR lists?

I was wondering about that too. What the hell is the Disabled List? I googled it but of course nothing comes up. No other teams have anyone on the D/L. Maybe he wants to become a pitcher or an outfielder?

No. I've watched the Bombers suck for years. I want them to wail on Ottawa from whistle to whistle. I don't need the thrill of a good game. Just win.

Yes - give me at least two season of watching the Bombers just pummel everyone into the ground before I want to see "good games decided in the fourth quarter". Just pure domination like the Tyrone Jones days.

Very confident Bombers will get another W at IGF tomorrow night because we will bring effort.

Like I said before last week's game, we finally have a coach in Mike O'Shea and a QB in Drew Willy.

I really like this quote from O'Shea, "enjoy the victory, but stay humble, and remember the journey has just begun. One game down and 17 to go."

Wouldn't be surprised to see Etch sit back for the first two series...  everyone and their dog is expecting us to send everyone every play

I think the real key is to allow Burris to complete a few short passes to Walker but make sure our LBs really make him pay...  getting CW off his game seems critical... 

Wouldn't be surprised to see Etch sit back for the first two series...  everyone and their dog is expecting us to send everyone every play

I think the real key is to allow Burris to complete a few short passes to Walker but make sure our LBs really make him pay...  getting CW off his game seems critical...

Personally, I'm hoping for a Burris scramble while leggett is roaming towards him.. He tries to hero it he could be crushed.. In a good way!

Is Ottawa actually starting 5 Canadians on their OL?

Menkin is an International. Hopefully our pass rushers can burn their 2 rookie OT's

They starting 8 Nationals though. 6 in O 2 in D.

Menkin doesn't have an asterisk beside his name on the depth chart so looks like he's a National. Must be a typo then.

what's with the two acronyms? Is this some lame bilingual thing? Why not just put out an English and French depth chart?

Is Ottawa actually starting 5 Canadians on their OL?

Menkin is an International. Hopefully our pass rushers can burn their 2 rookie OT's

They starting 8 Nationals though. 6 in O 2 in D.

Just checked and yes Menkin is an "international". Perhaps the Ottawa guy drafting up this depth chart should have paid more attention to that than making it bilingual. That receiving corp. is really putting the fear into me all right. If they light us up it will be a tribute to the athleticism of Henry Burris. He's going to have to be on every night to make that corp shine. He can't afford to turn into "Frank" and start his cry-baby routine. Not for the fat cash that Ottawa is paying him. Even if he lights us up tonight, still so very glad that I don't have to swallow my bile this year watching him play for us.

Also looks like they are starting a rookie NI, Macmillan, at tackle. I really hope we make them pay for that.