WPG vs Ottawa Preview And Thoughts

O'Shea also isn't sure of Zach Anderson (heel) will be good to go. Anderson says he'll play. #Bombers

Mike O'Shea said after today's practice that he's still not sure if DT Bryant Turner will be back for Thursday's game. #Bombers

Uh-oh, that will be big if those 2 won't play. We only have 1 DL (Frazer) on PR although they can move Kuale on DE for a week.

I actually don't think Ottawa's going to be as bad as some think. They have some decent players and a solid coaching staff IMO. They're defense will most likely look a lot better than Toronto's did last week and if they can get the run game going the offense could get rolling early. At the same time though, the Bombers at least for me are unpredictable, maybe it's just the memories of the Kelly, Lapo and Burke era's that makes me think that however. The Bombers will/should be prepared, so IMO this could be a great game and I'm really excited to see if the Bombers can build off of last week's win.

Gonna be a 180 for our offense facing a Campbell/Nelson D rather than a Burke D.  Gonna see far less man coverage, tougher throws, tougher catches.

Very true but if we can give willy time again, he can drop those bombs into bread baskets and thread those needles again..

I actually don't think Ottawa's going to be as bad as some think. They have some decent players and a solid coaching staff IMO. They're defense will most likely look a lot better than Toronto's did last week and if they can get the run game going the offense could get rolling early. At the same time though, the Bombers at least for me are unpredictable, maybe it's just the memories of the Kelly, Lapo and Burke era's that makes me think that however. The Bombers will/should be prepared, so IMO this could be a great game and I'm really excited to see if the Bombers can build off of last week's win.

Starting 24 isn't that bad - but their back 20 (depth) isn't all that great. Same can be said for Bombers. 

Hit Burris early and often. Don't let his receivers breathe. The picks will come as he gets more desperate and tries to force things. Leggett will be tested as Burris won't be afraid to try to stretch the field.

Hank does not like being hit. If he gets pressured & hit he becomes the "Deer In The Headlines QB" & starts making bad decisions. If we give him time & he gets into a rhythm our defense will be in trouble.

Do you mean "Deer in the headlights"?

LOL, yeah!

I don't know what to think about this game. I think Winnipeg pulls off the win, But i don't think it will be as lopsided as last weeks game, It could be though. Not sure what to expect from Ottawa, Really have no clue at all. They will probably be pretty competitive but if they get some injuries, they will be in trouble. Think Torontos Oline on paper is better then Ottawas so Winnipeg should be able to get pressure on Henry and if they do, i suspect it might be a long night for the Redblacks, Honestly, i remember going to a renegades game several several years ago, bombers absolutely smoked them. Put up 40 plus points on them, i could see that happening again actually but... in my heart i feel this game will be closer. Think Winnipeg wins but i'm thinking something like 34-20. Maybe a late touchdown by Ottawa to make the game seem closer then it actually was. Kind of like what Toronto did last week.

I like what i saw from Winnipeg in week 1, if they play like that this week, they should win. Play like that most weeks and they should win. I think because the game is at IGF, bombers win. Just a feeling i have but i feel the bombers will be very good at home this season. 

John Gott & J'Michael Deane are quality players who'd be starting on Calgary's offensive line if it wasn't for the dispersal draft. I expect Ottawa's OL to protect Burris better than people are expecting.

Gott and Deane are only two guys. It takes 5 to make an OL. I expect a lot of growing pains.

We can probably save the "get pressure on the QB and make him force throws" analysis for pretty much every QB who's ever played the game...

Good article in the freep about Ottawa being filling with guys who "have a chip on their shoulder... also hard to game plan for a team with no film.... I expect a Bombers win but I think it'll be close... let's say Bomber 28 Redblacks 20 

Was over on the Ottawa site to see who there kicker is - ya, it's Maher, they don't have any other kickers or punters on any of their rosters - and caught a glance of some tweets.  Guys excited to see their logo up on the visitor room at IGF.  For CFL fans Ottawa having a team is deja vu all over again, but for these guys it's still the first ever game in franchise history.  I like their enthusiasm.