Goltz Named Starter For Rest Of Season

Atomic

I said he has shown "flashes" and was asked to justify that.  He also moved the ball before being injured.

The guy was outplayed by Goltz who had 14 career passes and who did not have our best receivers playing in that game.....    Pierce also has what 6 more CFL years of experience then him?   

Bucko also has shown to be very selfish and while he's a warrior for being tough, the guy has no honour at all and really he sh ould stick to his restaurant and be happy to collect a pay cheque this year.  

That part is professional.

This part is not. Neither was the quote I can't track down right now where he said last week that he "disagreed" with them not playing him vs. Calgary.

Forget not him saying post game that he thought the receivers were out of place,  blamed the defense and said that he also wasn't quite the best for that lost.... when in fact he was outright garbage missing targets by a long mile and holding onto the ball for way to long.   At least Calvillo admitted that he stunk....

The guy was outplayed by Goltz who had 14 career passes and who did not have our best receivers playing in that game.....    Pierce also has what 6 more CFL years of experience then him?   

Bucko also has shown to be very selfish and while he's a warrior for being tough, the guy has no honour at all and really he sh ould stick to his restaurant and be happy to collect a pay cheque this year.  

Eight years plus of actual playing experience. Goltz sat on the bench for 2.

Forget not him saying post game that he thought the receivers were out of place,  blamed the defense and said that he also wasn't quite the best for that lost.... when in fact he was outright garbage missing targets by a long mile and holding onto the ball for way to long.   At least Calvillo admitted that he stunk....

AC admit he's junk? Surely you jest??? he has a WTH look on him from the time he goes on the field to when he comes off. Can't be AC's fault. He's gold.

I realize this is not related to the Goltz thread but i do like John Murphy as a our GM but i do recall now he was the Database guy.

Who else is out there?

Tom Higgins   hhhmmm   not really.

Jacques Chapdelaine is the BC Lions OC  too big of a jump to our GM.

Ken Moll  would like a chance i'm sure.

Lyle Bauer never  please never.

Why not Higgins? Look at his body of work in Edmonton & especially Calgary... He's proven. Be nice if we'd hire an experienced GM for a change. Something this team has refused to do in the past.  All these others are coaches but no managerial experience.

This will be a big hit to Buck's pay packet.  I believe almost his entire salary is predicated on starting. 

I don't think so. I thought it was said he got a larger base salary when he re-signed.

Did Joe Mack sit Buck down and then relay the conversation to Burke and exaggerte what happened?  If he did, he hung his Head Coach out to dry.  If Burke and Buck sat down to have that conversation, one of them is an idiot, either maliciously or through plain old stupidity.

Why would Joe Mack be the one to talk to Buck about this? That's the HC's job.

I was just thinking when was the last time a Winnipeg QB got 2 + years to learn the Canadian game before making his first start? I guess Danny McManus but that would of been for a injury.

You mean other than Goltz?

No surprise to anyone but when you watch the video of Burke addressing the media today you see him scratch the back of his head. Body language translation of that is a demeanour of uncertainty and doubt. I am not really sure of the conviction that Burke gave with that speech today. He doesn't seem all that confident of his decision.

Higgins built the team that little fat coach in Edmonton Danny Macciocia won a Grey Cup in Edmonton with & then proceeeded to tear it all apart a year later. And brought the Stamps back to respectability his rookie year as GM & HC in Calgary going from last place to a playoff spot in a single year. He has connections everywhere & is a well liked guy. Works well with the media & the fans in Calgary liked him. Be a great person to try  to turn the Bombers organization around. Things got away from him in 2007 & was replaced by John Hufnagel. But the fact remains, John won with the core of the team Higgins built.

No surprise to anyone but when you watch the video of Burke addressing the media today you see him scratch the back of his head. Body language translation of that is a demeanour of uncertainty and doubt. I am not really sure of the conviction that Burke gave with that speech today. He doesn't seem all that confident of his decision.

I noticed his long drawn out sentence after he announced that Goltz wouls start the rest of the season, "I'm sure you all want to know whyyyyy?" I found that interesting. Seemed nervous.

Burke hasn't been all that confident in anything since he became HC and his record speaks for itself.  Hopefully this new move works out for his sake.