Robert Marve's history

Harbaugh

I'm new to this forum and I'm not sure if this was posted when he signed or not, but Marve has a pretty wild history.

According to his Wikipedia page, here's what I've gathered:

Has torn his ACL THREE times.

Resisted arrest.

Suspended for a bowl game (academic purposes.)

Illegal benefits received from non other than Nevin Shapiro.

Interesting stuff.

I love second, third, fourth (whatever he's on) chance stories, however if anyone here meets him, and he asks, don't make any financial investments with him!

The resisting arrest charge was pretty mickey mouse, but you have to admire his determination in pursuing a QB career even after three big knee owies.

I wonder how long until he's battling back for a fourth time, although he won't be getting hit much this year unless were in a state of emergency so the over under can't be too low.

I don't think Marve has any knees left. You wouldn't know it by the way he took off up the field to move the chains last night. If he can continue to impress against the stumps, I could become a big fan of his in a hurry. Accurately throwing the rock on a rope is a gift. I hope he can keep it going.

I don't think im overly concerned, cuz let's be honest here, willy is the guy we will be moving forward with. Knew about Marves issues when we signed him, was talked about quite a lot, but... honestly, last night, it made me wonder if that was a different robert marve :P

I don't think marve will see much game action this season, perhaps on 2nd or 3rd and shorts but... he looked pretty darn good last night, running and passing. Especially his mobility in the pocket, truly does bring a different look than the other qb's on the roster.

I like the kid, hey man, we all do silly things when we are younger, sounds like his  father might have been a little pushy too, good for the kid to get away from some of his past.. whats in the past is in the past, looked good yesterday. Obviously bombers checked him out quite thoroughly.

Thing is, he's pretty young so maybe just maybe taking a year off football helped him. 

More interested in his future here.   Love the fire and passion, and he has the tools.  Looks like a pretty hefty brace but he can still play with it, maybe his knee will hold up for a good #2 career.

Hall looked lost and performed like a CIS rookie out there (minus the arm strength) compared to Marve's first ever CFL playing time.

Willy, Brohm Marve would work for me.   

All I know is the offense was really bogged down until he came in during the 4th quarter and all of a sudden they were moving the ball. Showed a lot more accuracy then Brohm did. 

An 80 year old man pissing standing up has more accuracy than Brohm.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

From guys like bauming and the media guys at training camp, marve has looked good there too.

Really haven't heard them say he's had a bad day

Today is an example

Bauming tweeted... hall is in and throws a ball that legget easily intercepts. Brohm comes in, gets picked off but then completes a nice pass. Marve comes in goes 5 for 5 for 75 yards.

I mean, the guys been doing it since florida mini camp.

I don't think im overly concerned, cuz let's be honest here, willy is the guy we will be moving forward with. Knew about Marves issues when we signed him, was talked about quite a lot, but... honestly, last night, it made me wonder if that was a different robert marve :P

I don't think marve will see much game action this season, perhaps on 2nd or 3rd and shorts but... he looked pretty darn good last night, running and passing. Especially his mobility in the pocket, truly does bring a different look than the other qb's on the roster.

I like the kid, hey man, we all do silly things when we are younger, sounds like his  father might have been a little pushy too, good for the kid to get away from some of his past.. whats in the past is in the past, looked good yesterday. Obviously bombers checked him out quite thoroughly.

Thing is, he's pretty young so maybe just maybe taking a year off football helped him. 

The expectation that athletes in their early 20's are supposed to behave like Mother Teresa just because they happen to be athletes is bound to disappoint.  More often than not they will behave just like any other 21 year old male.  Unless they have more disposable income, then they may behave worse.

Nothing on his rap sheet raises my eyebrows.  Been there, done that.  The 3 knee surgeries might be a concern if I hadn't seen him running at practise.  Powerful, smooth strides, quite an effortless runner actually.