Robert Marve's history

Harbaugh

I don't think im overly concerned, cuz let's be honest here, willy is the guy we will be moving forward with. Knew about Marves issues when we signed him, was talked about quite a lot, but... honestly, last night, it made me wonder if that was a different robert marve :P

I don't think marve will see much game action this season, perhaps on 2nd or 3rd and shorts but... he looked pretty darn good last night, running and passing. Especially his mobility in the pocket, truly does bring a different look than the other qb's on the roster.

I like the kid, hey man, we all do silly things when we are younger, sounds like his  father might have been a little pushy too, good for the kid to get away from some of his past.. whats in the past is in the past, looked good yesterday. Obviously bombers checked him out quite thoroughly.

Thing is, he's pretty young so maybe just maybe taking a year off football helped him. 

The expectation that athletes in their early 20's are supposed to behave like Mother Teresa just because they happen to be athletes is bound to disappoint.  More often than not they will behave just like any other 21 year old male.  Unless they have more disposable income, then they may behave worse.

Nothing on his rap sheet raises my eyebrows.  Been there, done that.  The 3 knee surgeries might be a concern if I hadn't seen him running at practise.  Powerful, smooth strides, quite an effortless runner actually.

Seeing him take off like that reminds me of Durant.  He has big legs and looks like he can break a few tackles before being brought down.  Don't normally want to see your QB having to dive for a first down but that was impressive and shows he's got guts.  

I don't think im overly concerned, cuz let's be honest here, willy is the guy we will be moving forward with. Knew about Marves issues when we signed him, was talked about quite a lot, but... honestly, last night, it made me wonder if that was a different robert marve :P

I don't think marve will see much game action this season, perhaps on 2nd or 3rd and shorts but... he looked pretty darn good last night, running and passing. Especially his mobility in the pocket, truly does bring a different look than the other qb's on the roster.

I like the kid, hey man, we all do silly things when we are younger, sounds like his  father might have been a little pushy too, good for the kid to get away from some of his past.. whats in the past is in the past, looked good yesterday. Obviously bombers checked him out quite thoroughly.

Thing is, he's pretty young so maybe just maybe taking a year off football helped him. 

The expectation that athletes in their early 20's are supposed to behave like Mother Teresa just because they happen to be athletes is bound to disappoint.  More often than not they will behave just like any other 21 year old male.  Unless they have more disposable income, then they may behave worse.

Nothing on his rap sheet raises my eyebrows.  Been there, done that.  The 3 knee surgeries might be a concern if I hadn't seen him running at practise.  Powerful, smooth strides, quite an effortless runner actually.

It's a concern because he's never lasted a full season.  The knees are ticking time bombs.  He's healthy now, but for how long?

It's a concern because he's never lasted a full season.  The knees are ticking time bombs.  He's healthy now, but for how long?

Can't tear his ACL.  He's practically indestructible now.

Marve's history doesn't really concern me, if something occurs while he's here, then obviously it will be a concern.

The kid seems to perform well in practice and IMO showed promise on Monday. Here's hoping he gets more then 4 minutes to play with on Saturday.

I'd say I'm definitely concerned about his injury issues.  Of course the degree of concern is relative to how probable it is that he ever becomes our starter.  As for his off field issues, I guess he was just a misunderstood college kid who had a little too much fun.  We know about the small stuff that he got caught doing, it makes me wonder what he got away with.

He's got a fresh start with a clean slate up here with us, however if anything should ever come up his history would make it tough to ever give him the benefit of the doubt.

Marve's history doesn't really concern me, if something occurs while he's here, then obviously it will be a concern.

The kid seems to perform well in practice and IMO showed promise on Monday. Here's hoping he gets more then 4 minutes to play with on Saturday.

I was kind of cheesed that the defence couldn't get the ball back with over 2 minutes left so that Marve could have another shot.

I thought the biggest issue with Marve was his father being a football version of a really bad stage father.

http://www.mlive.com/cardinals/index.ssf/2010/09/eugene_marve_saginaw_valley_st.html

There was an article posted here when Marve was first signed that talked about Eugene Marve being controlling and interfering during his son's college career but I don't recall who wrote it or how legitimate it was.

Just re-watched the Marve segment on TSN Video on Demand.  What struck me was the first completion to Kemp wasn't thrown on a frozen rope as I expected but had a beautiful "Ricky Ray" arc to it that hit Kemp even though there were two Argos covering him.  Without perfect placement and touch that completion was not there.

Just re-watched the Marve segment on TSN Video on Demand.  What struck me was the first completion to Kemp wasn't thrown on a frozen rope as I expected but had a beautiful "Ricky Ray" arc to it that hit Kemp even though there were two Argos covering him.  Without perfect placement and touch that completion was not there.

He just seemed to get it. Knew where to go with the ball and how to get it there. I hope he gets more time in the next game (though that's probably not too likely as I expect they'll give willy a ton of time) so we can see if he's actually got it or just looked good against another teams training camp fodder.

He just seemed to get it. Knew where to go with the ball and how to get it there. I hope he gets more time in the next game (though that's probably not too likely as I expect they'll give willy a ton of time) so we can see if he's actually got it or just looked good against another teams training camp fodder.

They'll want to give Willy a bunch of time and they'll want to make a decision on Brohm (if they haven't already).  Marve's obvious potential might be the second biggest reason he sees very little of the field in Calgary.

Pretty safe bet here

Willy 1st half plus 1st series of the second..

Hall and Brohm split the remaining 3rd and probably 10 minutes of the 4th, marve gets the last 5

Marve is the developmental qb..

the #2 job is between hall and brohm, loser gets cut IMHO.

Well with all of Hall's two and outs Marve may see some time

Hall is amazing, as long as it's not windy or cold or the D-line is not too tall or fast and they keep their hands down. Knock knock, Halls there?

i'll play along... halls there who?

Well with all of Hall's two and outs Marve may see some time

Hall is amazing, as long as it's not windy or cold or the D-line is not too tall or fast and they keep their hands down. Knock knock, Halls there?

i'll play along... halls there who?

I think he meant Knock Knock, who's there?  But he substituded Hall for Who.

....it's Road Griller...just smile and nod like you know what he's talking about.  :)

Hall was better than I thought - last year. Was not at all impressed with him this year. I tend to agree there - Willy will get the first half as well as most of the Wpg starting offense - mainly so Willy and the rest can get used to each other and because we got what, 2 and half weeks before our next game. I also think Brohm/Hall will play the majority, if not all the second half between them. I would not at all be surprised if Marve is sitting out and given the #3 job, with the loser of the Hall/Brohm half getting released and placed on the practice roster. I think it will be Hall only because of his experience with MB from last year. I was really disappointed in Brohm's performance but you never know what can transpire. 

I re-watched the game and Brohm did look better on film but I don't really forsee them cutting any qbs, they'll keep a 4th around and see how the season progresses. I dunno that they see Hall as a long term option but he's going to start the year backing up Willy. If they have to start going down the depth chart though who knows how things change.