Confirmed, Goltz Will Start Friday Night Against Stamps

Simpson simply needs to be patient; he's too willing to bounce things outside when the lane doesn't open up right away .. part of it might be trying to do too much himself (ie. make something happen for the struggling offense) and another part may be that he's simply not an effective zone runner .. at any rate .. Goltz's athleticism will force the defense to respect his ability to move and defenders shouldn't be so quick to key on the RB.

After finally seeing last weeks game I am excited to see more of Goltz. In my opinion he showed more awareness and athletic ability in that 2nd half than we've seen from Pierce all week and it will open things up for the offense as a whole. He moves around well enough to make people miss time to time, he throws on the run better than Pierce has lately, he is more effective when he runs himself and I think he's just as accurate as PIerce at this point in their careers. A qb who isn't a sitting duck is going to be a good thing for this offense. Hell the play PIerce got hurt on he stepped right into the guy! Just no awareness what's going on around him. 

I feel a real turn in the wind against Burke. That most fans don't want him coaching this team anymore. That most fans have no confidence he can produce a winner. That most fans think he's in way over his head. Comments like that about Goltz don't help. I think the honeymoon is over.

Problem is there's no way in heck I want them to fire him and go with another guy so we have yet another coach to pay for 2 years (I think?  Not sure the exact length of term) - add Mack to that if he gets fired. 

Problem is there's no way in heck I want them to fire him and go with another guy so we have yet another coach to pay for 2 years (I think?  Not sure the exact length of term) - add Mack to that if he gets fired. 

If he's starting to lose it as in he can't handle the pressure when things go  bad then keeping him around is a mistake & he has to go.

I feel a real turn in the wind against Burke. That most fans don't want him coaching this team anymore. That most fans have no confidence he can produce a winner. That most fans think he's in way over his head. Comments like that about Goltz don't help. I think the honeymoon is over.

What was wrong with the comment?  I think "No." would have been worse.

No excuses now.  No "protect Buck" scheming.  Goltz can do it all, so we should really see some creativity out of Crowton.  The zone read should work good in the run game since Goltz is actually a threat to keep it and run.

not sure how much of it was the argos being in prevent mode but there really did seem to be more room to run as the game wore on and it's likely a large part in response to Goltz being able to stretch the entire field with both his arms and legs. Buying time to let plays develop, avoiding pressure with his legs and the threat to run, amazing how things can open up when a qb is able to do things like that. 

not sure how much of it was the argos being in prevent mode but there really did seem to be more room to run as the game wore on and it's likely a large part in response to Goltz being able to stretch the entire field with both his arms and legs. Buying time to let plays develop, avoiding pressure with his legs and the threat to run, amazing how things can open up when a qb is able to do things like that. 

I know it was silly for me to think he'd change up the gameplan halfway through the game, but I really hope now that Goltz provides a more mobile QB option, we stop trotting out 7 OL so frequently. Leaving him 3 receivers is ridiculous.

No excuses now.  No "protect Buck" scheming.  Goltz can do it all, so we should really see some creativity out of Crowton.  The zone read should work good in the run game since Goltz is actually a threat to keep it and run.

Logic would dictate this to be so, Mike. However, the Stamps have a very good defense. Just delete that first quarter against the Als as that was a total team abberation. The Stampeders have a very good front 7. They get to the qb & are tough to run against. Their OLBs of Keyon Raymond & Derron Mayo are not big but they are very fast so that may neutralize Goltz on the zone run. They have plenty of experience dealing with Travis Lulay & Darian Durant so a running qb is just par for the course for them. I think the game plan may be to stop Goltz from running & make him throw the football as he is inexperienced. Starting OLB Malik Jackson is out with an injury but no drop off at all with Mayo in there. He played in the Western Final & GC last year so he has experience in a big game. This will be his second start this season replacing Jackson. And plenty of speed in the secondary. Gonna be interesting with the two rookies starters at qb battling it out. Really looking forward to this game.

i'm going to go ahead and say that you're over rating the stamps D. They're decent but I haven't been as impressed with them this year as I was expecting. They're beatable for sure... question is what the bombers offense will do. So far they've made every defense they've faced look out of this world.