TSN Panel (Randorf leaving TSN)

Rich

the problem is that he'll just be the set-up man while Schultz tells me "YOU WIN BY SCORING, Farhan, to WIN, you NEED TO SCORE MORE THAN THE OTHER TEAM." *intense stare into camera*

Yeah how Schultz hasn't been booted out by now is just mind blowing. One of those absolute morons with no charisma who thinks he's bloody brilliant and a showman. Hate them so much.

Interesting to note that Randorf is actually going to Sportsnet as a PBP guy, and not a panel host. He's not a BAD PBP guy, per se, but I certainly wouldn't consider him one of the 4 most worthy NHL PBP peeps in Canada. Much better panel host, but I suppose everyone wants to wear the big boy pants and sit in the big chair. 

Duthie would probably be the best replacement... I think he and most of the NHL analysts are sticking around so it would depend on his NHL on TSN obligations.... regional people like Lalji or Orlesky probably aren't in the mix but a guy like Scianetti could be considered.... I think I'd be happy if Rob Black was just not involved in the CFL at all...

Interesting to note that Randorf is actually going to Sportsnet as a PBP guy, and not a panel host. He's not a BAD PBP guy, per se, but I certainly wouldn't consider him one of the 4 most worthy NHL PBP peeps in Canada. Much better panel host, but I suppose everyone wants to wear the big boy pants and sit in the big chair

With an extra cushion or two.

Duthie would probably be the best replacement... I think he and most of the NHL analysts are sticking around so it would depend on his NHL on TSN obligations.... regional people like Lalji or Orlesky probably aren't in the mix but a guy like Scianetti could be considered.... I think I'd be happy if Rob Black was just not involved in the CFL at all...

Orlesky and Scianetti are both awkward on live TV, Orlesky is fine on the sidelines for CFL, but really rough on the Jets broadcasts.  Orlesky is actually really good on the radio too when she guest hosts, knowledgeable and clear.  

Can't see either of them getting the CFL hosting duties though.

Interesting to note that Randorf is actually going to Sportsnet as a PBP guy, and not a panel host. He's not a BAD PBP guy, per se, but I certainly wouldn't consider him one of the 4 most worthy NHL PBP peeps in Canada. Much better panel host, but I suppose everyone wants to wear the big boy pants and sit in the big chair. 

Who else would you consider?  The only other guy I can think of who I could see on national TV is John Shorthouse.  Beyak is brutal, Kevin Quinn too, Joe Bowen is probably a little too eccentric.  TSN has Miller locked up.  I don't think they are going to toss someone straight to national broadcasts who doesn't have experience doing regional work.

Keep in mind that other guys elected to stay in their current positions too ala Cuthbert, Miller.

Wonder what Mark Lee is going to do now.

my preference for the TSN CFL panel would be a combination of :

(1) host - Lalji or Naylor or whoever

(2) a former QB or a coach - Dunnigan or Lapo

(3) a former offensive player - Climie or Stegall or Schultz

(4) a former defensive player - not sure who...  and I don't like Doug Brown on the panel.

Panel needs new blood anyway. Stale.

Arash Madani would sure add some drama to the panel!  BOOM!

Madani would add drama to a daytime soap.

New panel wishlist: Lalji, Dunigan, Geroy, and Climie. 

Stegall just didn't seem a great fit for the panel.  Schultz likes the sound of his own voice too much.  Climie does too, but there's substance... he's not afraid to take the contrarian viewpoint and back it up.  Essential to have a heel on the show.  Geroy would be a very interesting option.  Respected vet with a lot of charisma. 

Cuthbert is the best in the world, bar none but Miller isn't terrible. Hughson always sounds like a video game, Cole is half way to senile and Lee is just a moron. Randorf as the late game guy will be a massive upgrade there. Not sure why people don't like the Oilers Kevin Quinn...I'm a big fan of that guy. He and DeBrusk have a quality broadcast. So much better than the Flames its not even funny.

Panel needs new blood anyway. Stale.

Arash Madani would sure add some drama to the panel!  BOOM!

Madani would add drama to a daytime soap.

New panel wishlist: Lalji, Dunigan, Geroy, and Climie. 

Stegall just didn't seem a great fit for the panel.  Schultz likes the sound of his own voice too much.  Climie does too, but there's substance... he's not afraid to take the contrarian viewpoint and back it up.  Essential to have a heel on the show.  Geroy would be a very interesting option.  Respected vet with a lot of charisma. 

Have you ever heard Geroy speak? no thanks..... they'd be much better off sticking with Stegall

Paul Freisen, he's got the look. And the brains to match.

If the members here didn't like Friesen before, I can only imagine how much hate he'd get if he was the CFL on TSN Host.