Depth Chart

how many oline are currently under contract? id suspect what? like 10 maybe 11 at most?

That means 2 teams of 5 plus an extra guy or 2, this is essential for some drills when the vets come to camp.

Just a total guess here but... i think all the import OL that we have signed are here because we lack canadian OL and you need to have a bunch there, in case of injury or even just fatigue. You cant just have 5 or 6 7 guys at main camp, gotta have enough for probably 2 groups of 5 just to get some different people on the field at times, otherwise you gonna kill your starters b4 the season even begins.

Id suspect a couple oline though are let go at the end of mini camp.

I suspect that the Imports in the interior are competing against each other. For example, Saulsberry(OC) is competing against Randy Richards(RG) and whoever is better wins a starting Spot, then Morely moves into the spot of the weaker American.

Then January will be LT. I'm kind of surprised they think that highly of Neufeld that they're just going to pencil him in right away like that... that's kind of exciting...

I think the high number of imports brought in to compete for o-line spots is a good thing. I especially like how they brought in some interior guys. In past years there wasn't as much pressure on our interior NI guys because there were no imports to push them.

@PentonKirk: @FasterFire Here's that #Bombers depth chart for you. Take it with a grain of salt, however. http://t.co/yaz9u00nBw

QB — Drew Willy, Max Hall, Brian Brohm, Robert Marve

RB — Will Ford, Nic Grigsby, Paris Cotton, Carl Volny, Kevin Smith, Errol Brooks

FB — Michel-Pierre Pontbriand, Carl Fitzgerald

WR — Mario Urrutia, Jason Barnes, Braylon Bell

SB — Nick Moore, Jaymar Johnson, C.J. Tarver

SB — Cory Watson, Julian Feoli-Gudino

SB — Clarence Denmark, Aaron Kelly, Donavon Kemp, Aaron Woods

WR — Rory Kohlert, Jordan Brescacin, Taylor Renaud

LT — Glenn January, Jarvis Jones, Paul Swiston

LG — Chris Greaves, Tyson Pencer, Jesse Peterson

C — Steve Morley, Quentin Saulsberry, Matthias Goossen

RG — Randy Richards, Chris Kowalczuk, Quinn Everett

RT — Pat Neufeld, Dan Knapp, Dale Stevenson

DE — Jason Vega, Greg Peach, Willie Moseley

DT — Ryan Lucas, Louie Richardson, Kashawn Fraser

DT — Bryant Turner, Jake Thomas, Zach Anderson

DE — Kenny Tate, Stafford Gatling, Louis Nzegwu

WLB — Desia Dunn, Kamaal McIlwain

MLB — Ejiro Kuale, Ian Wild, Graig Newman, Jesse Briggs, Aram Eisho

SAM — Korey Banks, Maurice Leggett, Stephon Morris

CB — Chris Randle, Marty Markett, Daivon Dumas

HB — Demond Washington, Brandon Hogan

S — Johnny Sears, Dan West, Matt Pierce, Teague Sherman

HB — Alex Suber, Don Unamba, Bruce Johnson

CB — Donovan Alexander, Matt Bucknor, Kris Robertson, Derek Jones

K/P — Lirim Hajrullahu, Mike Renaud, Brett Maher

LS — Sean Blake

Ever since the Mike Sellers era ended, we've never utlized our full back much, probably because we haven't found the necessary player (s). Any worth on the Bombers part to shore up that position more in efforts to utlize more? Or are the cupboards empty when it comes to that position?

@PentonKirk: @FasterFire Here's that #Bombers depth chart for you. Take it with a grain of salt, however. http://t.co/yaz9u00nBw

RB — Will Ford, Nic Grigsby, Paris Cotton, Carl Volny, Kevin Smith, Errol Brooks

LS — Sean Blake

Ever since the Mike Sellers era ended, we've never utlized our full back much, probably because we haven't found the necessary player (s). Any worth on the Bombers part to shore up that position more in efforts to utlize more? Or are the cupboards empty when it comes to that position?

We tried out a fullback at the Florida mini camp, his name eludes me right now but he was a LSU alumni with NFL experience. Just doesn't seem to be much use for them anymore.

The only spot that concerns me is receiver. I wonder how hard (if at all) the club would go after Matthews if he was released from the Seahawks.

There are guys in this camp who are likely to be just as good as Matthews

Maybe but if Matthews becomes available I still want the Bombers to do their best to resign him.

The Bombers should learn from the past... I don't want Matthews to be the next Geroy Simon.

Bombers found him goes to the NFL then back to the CFL and made a HOF career for different team.

LS — Sean Blake

We tried out a fullback at the Florida mini camp, his name eludes me right now but he was a LSU alumni with NFL experience. Just doesn't seem to be much use for them anymore.

That's too bad I'd like to utilize that position more to keep the defense off balance.

The only spot that concerns me is receiver. I wonder how hard (if at all) the club would go after Matthews if he was released from the Seahawks.

Maybe but if Matthews becomes available I still want the Bombers to do their best to resign him.

The Bombers should learn from the past... I don't want Matthews to be the next Geroy Simon.

Bombers found him goes to the NFL then back to the CFL and made a HOF career for different team.

In fairness we did make a healthy offer to Geroy when he came back to the CFL but BC offered more... so it was simple economics for him not lack of effort by us...

In fairness we did make a healthy offer to Geroy when he came back to the CFL but BC offered more... so it was simple economics for him not lack of effort by us...

Wasn't just BC offered more - At the time he was coming back we had a dream team receiving corps.  ABIII, Stegall, and someone else

Wasn't just BC offered more - At the time he was coming back we had a dream team receiving corps.  ABIII, Stegall, and someone else

I think that's the real reason to it. We didn't offered more because we have a very very good receiving corps at the time he came back and the Bombers thought they have no room for him.

Gordon and Stoddard...was just ridiculous how good they were. Still *tried* to get Simon back, but it didn't work out...

stoddard... The best adequate canadian receiever ever!

;) hands of glue no doubt but otherwise...?

I don't put too much stock in the depth chart in May.... guys like Ian Wild and Zach Anderson are too good to be back-ups.... I think the one thing that sticks out to me is Neufeld at RT, I think that's where he'll be day one....

I'm very surprised they don't have Anderson locked in beside Turner. Only reason I'm nervous about zach is because they're letting Etch have so much control over the personnel on defence.

Not sure why Etch wouldn't like Anderson though, he's got a crazy motor, and he's as fast as a LB'er! He can fly to the ball and is ridiculously athletic for his position

I don't put too much stock in the depth chart in May.... guys like Ian Wild and Zach Anderson are too good to be back-ups.... I think the one thing that sticks out to me is Neufeld at RT, I think that's where he'll be day one....

I'm very surprised they don't have Anderson locked in beside Turner. Only reason I'm nervous about zach is because they're letting Etch have so much control over the personnel on defence.

Not sure why Etch wouldn't like Anderson though, he's got a crazy motor, and he's as fast as a LB'er! He can fly to the ball and is ridiculously athletic for his position

A potential victim of the ratio. They will probably have to start an NI there.

I think anderson will make the team, pretty sure they will start a non import field corner and go 4 oline

just saying but shouldn't the defensive coordinator have control over the personnel on defence? if not the DC, then who? Not sure why everyone is so worried about anderson, he's a good player and will make the team. If he doesn't, it just means he got beat out by someone better. I doubt that happens tho as zach seems very motivated and definitely will make an impression. I think he's safe, just think maybe basing things on a depth chart which probably means very little right now is a little extreme.

I think anderson will make the team, pretty sure they will start a non import field corner and go 4 oline

just saying but shouldn't the defensive coordinator have control over the personnel on defence? if not the DC, then who? Not sure why everyone is so worried about anderson, he's a good player and will make the team. If he doesn't, it just means he got beat out by someone better. I doubt that happens tho as zach seems very motivated and definitely will make an impression. I think he's safe, just think maybe basing things on a depth chart which probably means very little right now is a little extreme.

Only reason I'm a little bit worried is because of who the DC is