Bombers negotiate Transit game day discount

gbill2004

You either don't believe government should give anything to private business or you do. I'm fine with reasonable investment. Most of what the jets get back are revenue streams that exist or are increased due to the jets. So it's not exactly like kids going hungry in the street so we can watch hockey.

Katz is just a d bag who isn't part of the inner circle of the true big wigs in town and it drives him crazy. I remember him proclaiming he NHL would never return because if it could he'd know about it and no one talked to him. Meanwhile Chipman was working behind the scenes with the NHL and province. They cut Katz out.

You either don't believe government should give anything to private business or you do. I'm fine with reasonable investment. Most of what the jets get back are revenue streams that exist or are increased due to the jets. So it's not exactly like kids going hungry in the street so we can watch hockey.

Katz is just a d bag who isn't part of the inner circle of the true big wigs in town and it drives him crazy. I remember him proclaiming he NHL would never return because if it could he'd know about it and no one talked to him. Meanwhile Chipman was working behind the scenes with the NHL and province. They cut Katz out.

Totally inaccurate. The first time I heard anything about the Thrashers coming to Winnipeg was from Sam Katz in a TV interview when everyone was still talking about the Coyotes. They asked him what he thought about the chances of the Coyotes coming to Winnipeg, and he responded that he didn't think so but that the team he thought people should be more focussed on is the Atlanta Thrashers. He knew exactly what was going on.

Im not sure he did know what was going on, at the press conference sammy was nowhere to be found while chipman thompson sellinger and the rest of the people that mattered were front and centre. Think sammy takes guesses at times and that's fine, i mean whats that old saying... throwing crap against the wall and see what sticks? i guess if you throw enough crap, eventually some will stick.

Nope. Katz was adamant the NHL was not returning to Winnipeg because he didn't know anything about it. I won't argue with what you remember hearing but I know what I heard and saw. Katz was more positive about the NHL returning before he was mayor. I saw an interview on a local sports show where he said he's be in on any effort to bring the NHL back. The truth is Katz might be wealthy but he's not anywhere close to Chipman.

In fact true north wasn't happy about Katz loose lips during negotiations either. Katz poured cold water all over it at a time true north was actively negotiating with the league. That is fact. I didn't see Sammy at the presser. Did you?

Nope. Katz was adamant the NHL was not returning to Winnipeg because he didn't know anything about it. I won't argue with what you remember hearing but I know what I heard and saw. Katz was more positive about the NHL returning before he was mayor. I saw an interview on a local sports show where he said he's be in on any effort to bring the NHL back. The truth is Katz might be wealthy but he's not anywhere close to Chipman.

In fact true north wasn't happy about Katz loose lips during negotiations either. Katz poured cold water all over it at a time true north was actively negotiating with the league. That is fact. I didn't see Sammy at the presser. Did you?

I remember all of this too, sammy had nothing to do with any of it, im fairly certain of this. Katz is just a photo op pig, that's really what he does best.. takes pictures and then pretends he actually knows what's going on. I dont disagree with anything you said cuz i remember the same interview. Pretty much word for word actually what you said i agree with. I said sammy wasn't at the press conference and the people that actually mattered and who were actually in on it where. I also remember hearing TNSE was peed at sammy for actually going on about things like he was in on it. Fact is, he wasn't. Had no clue, and just spouted off about things because it would get his name in the papers. That's all katz really cares about.. getting his name in the papers. 

As a side note to Spuds.. pretty tough to avoid politics when it was a political decision that actually made this become what it is now.

This whole transit decision was kaiboshed by politicians. Hard to avoid politics in a thread when politics are the reason for it really.

I remember all of this too, sammy had nothing to do with any of it, im fairly certain of this. Katz is just a photo op pig, that's really what he does best.. takes pictures and then pretends he actually knows what's going on. I dont disagree with anything you said cuz i remember the same interview. Pretty much word for word actually what you said i agree with. I said sammy wasn't at the press conference and the people that actually mattered and who were actually in on it where. I also remember hearing TNSE was peed at sammy for actually going on about things like he was in on it. Fact is, he wasn't. Had no clue, and just spouted off about things because it would get his name in the papers. That's all katz really cares about.. getting his name in the papers. 

As a side note to Spuds.. pretty tough to avoid politics when it was a political decision that actually made this become what it is now.

This whole transit decision was kaiboshed by politicians. Hard to avoid politics in a thread when politics are the reason for it really.

Correct.  He was at the front of the Conga line don't you remember!

1297170217170_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80

So why did all of you voted for Katz if you hate him?

who the heck said any of us did? 

and the options at the time were katz or judy alphabet (cuz i cant spell her real last name)

I didn't even vote last time to be honest, cuz neither of them were what i wanted. 

and the options at the time were katz or judy alphabet (cuz i cant spell her real last name)

I didn't even vote last time to be honest, cuz neither of them were what i wanted.

You should at least go spoil your ballot. Voting is a habit you should not get out of.

Many brave people have fought for my right to vote for Ozzy Osbourne.

You should at least go spoil your ballot. Voting is a habit you should not get out of.

Many brave people have fought for my right to vote for Ozzy Osbourne.

ha funny. Normally do, just none of them appealed to me so i didn't bother. It is what it is. If i don't agree with either candidate, why would i waste my time spoling a ballot when not voting probably sends a bigger message. Did we not have the lowest voter turnout ever last election? That says something.

Can't remember but if it was low last time I think this time will be very different. It will be people going out voting ABC anyone but Caytz. If he even decides to man up for the slaughter.

Remember Vote Ozzy! He may not the the best man for the job in the long run but man would we have a good time!

Did not vote for Katz.  I think i actually voted for Al Golden when he ran against Katz.

Couldnt vote for Judy and her left wing nonsense but couldnt vote for Katz so didnt vote at all.  I will say this though, Sammy almost talked me into voting for Judy.  That speaks to his failings.  Worse thing, he berated many of Judy's ideas and then turned around and implemented them.  Sam is a liar.  Calling him two faced would be an insult to all two-faced people and greatly understate the facts.  He's certainly "multi faceted" but considering the reality of his personal life, he's used to living a lie.

UP, better be careful. Some of the things you're saying about Katz may be considered libelous. Just because you post under a pseudonym doesn't mean you can't be identified. It's your choice to say what you want but man, I'd be very cautious. Your choice.

UP, better be careful. Some of the things you're saying about Katz may be considered libelous. Just because you post under a pseudonym doesn't mean you can't be identified. It's your choice to say what you want but man, I'd be very cautious. Your choice.

What?  I just mean hes a known liar.  He publicly flip flopped on putting the Goldeyes into a blind trust.  Thus he lied.  Thats all i meant.  Right? ;-)

I'm sorry to say that I voted for Katz last time.   I wasn't enthused with him, but I still believe he was better than Judy.   There will be better candidates this next time around, and he won't be getting my vote.

I believe that voting is a responsibility, not just a right.  I also believe that spoiling a ballot sends a much bigger message than just not voting.  Staying at home shows apathy, while spoiling your ballet shows that you care enough to get off your butt and get to the polling station, you just don't like the choices.   Civic elections are triple ballot deals, not just mayor but city councellor and school board as well, so there isn't much excuse for staying home.

Except no one ever reports on the number of spoiled ballots.  But they do always talk a lot about voter turnout in general. That's always been my rationale for not voting if I didn't like any of the options.

And I'm not a Winnipegger but if I had the chance I'd vote for Katz a million times over Judy W if they were the only ones running. I'd vote for a Rider fan if it helped keep her away.

What?  I just mean hes a known liar.  He publicly flip flopped on putting the Goldeyes into a blind trust.  Thus he lied.  Thats all i meant.  Right? ;-)

Just sayin', man. 17to85 feels anyone  on the internet can say what they want about anyone with impunity. I happen to think there's a line & if it's crossed could be trouble. Not saying you did cross the line but why take the risk? Maybe because I was threatened once with a lawsuit about 10 years ago. Not worth the worry or hassle.