Bombers negotiate Transit game day discount

gbill2004

There's some bad construction going on near IGF. Started this week. I'm sure it won't end by Monday. Prepare to add at least 15 minutes to your commute to the stadium.

As mentioned it's awful. Major reconstruction both directions on Pembina hwy.

To the previous poster, isn't the $2.55 for regular transit use? Park and rides are direct shuttles correct? Ie you'd pay once at the park and ride location and that would be it. I would guess the bombers would have people on site taking money. It does raise the question of safety for a person standing out in a parking lot with a lot of cash on them though.

I assume they'll load one bus at a time and have a person outside the bus with a vest similar to the people who collect parking money in lots that charge for event parking.  There should be a whole lot of people around so safety shouldn't be too big of an issue.

I'm not sure what the $2.55 is, but it's not associated with Park & Ride. From what I was told at the Bomber Store yesterday individual rides to the game via Park & Ride are $5. A ride home is free. $40 gets you a pass (saves you $5 over the course of the season, $10 if we host a playoff game,)

So the $2.55 has NOTHING to do with Park & Ride.

The $2.55 is the regular cost of transit. It just refers to transit users getting to the game. These are not chartered busses by the bombers, just regular transit. It will be up to transit to add busses as they see fit ( I have a feeling the first game or two will be a gong show).

Bombers will cover cost of regular transit ride home.

Park n ride to sit in a cramped, non air conditioned bus AND pay for this sweet hookup? Thanks but no thanks.. Had my fill of that bull plop last season... Perimeter and then close as possible and walk or shuttle for this guy..

Cramped, sure. If you're 300+ lbs maybe.

$40 a year...enjoy spending that on gas by the 2nd home game.

Last 2/3 of the year the P&R was run perfectly, IMO, so same as usual for this guy.

260 and 6'8 so yea cramped.. Ever tried to walk a few blocks with a numb ass and leg? Not fun my friend..

Tough, I know as I had pain walking as well. 

i'll explain, i used to live in ek, still sort of do but...

the 2.55 for example would be for me to hop the #11 bus lets say, then i would get a tranfer downtown and hop on to the 60 university bus, this is how i got to school every day. (most days)

it's not different for the bombers... 2.55 gets you on a regular transit bus... all you have to pay is 2.55, you can get your transfers cuz unless you live on that side of the city, you are more than likely gonna need to transfer once..

the 5$ is for the park and ride, it's my understanding that the 5$ covers just the park and ride.. you pay your 5$ (per car it seems) and you hop on a school bus.

Bombers must have got a pretty decent deal there if you only paying 5$ for a car load (which could be 5 or 6 people per car)

Bombers must have got a pretty decent deal there if you only paying 5$ for a car load (which could be 5 or 6 people per car)

BEGINNING WITH THE FIRST REGULAR SEASON GAME ON JUNE 26, there is a $5.00 charge per person collected pre-game at each location as you board the bus, when attending a Bomber game or special event.