Buck Pierce......should Goltz Start?

Brandon

what part of inconsistent don't you understand? That means that sometimes he'll make the throw, other times he won't. This isn't judgements based solely on these first two games either, these are things Pierce has been showing for some time now. Burying your head in the sand hoping that he just magically gets it all of a sudden won;t help anything.

your acting like he has not been successful before or that even with inconsistent play, that he doesnt win.. both are wrong.. if he's able to string it together enough to score some and our defense keeps it up... we can win.. suggesting otherwise is just being ignorant.

your acting like he has not been successful before or that even with inconsistent play, that he doesnt win.. both are wrong.. if he's able to string it together enough to score some and our defense keeps it up... we can win.. suggesting otherwise is just being ignorant.

The Buck Pierce of 2010 or even 2011 doesn't exist any more. He didn't do a **** lot of winning last year and this year he's playing exactly the same way. He is not a good qb anymore and it's very sad to see cause he used to be a damned good one. Injuries have ruined him because he can't play his game anymore and trying to play the game like Anthony Calvillo or Ricky Ray was never a strength of Pierce. The problem is that he can't string it together enough to score enough points. He didn't do it in week one and he didn't do it enough tonight... but he got saved by the defense turning in an unbelievable night. Won't happen many times in the CFL period that you hold a team to 4 points until well into the 4th quarter. 

you guys have your opinions, i have mine. i respect what you guys think but i simply don't agree.. im goimg to continue to believe that buck can and will get it done and hopefully he shows it..

you guys have your opinions, i have mine. i respect what you guys think but i simply don't agree.. im goimg to continue to believe that buck can and will get it done and hopefully he shows it..

you go ahead and cling to your wrong opinions, but they're still wrong. It's good that you can at least respect what we're saying, that just indicates that deep down you are afraid we're right and that your happy thoughts might not wind up coming true. 

I wish Pierce was still a guy you can count on but he's not and that's why it was such a huge mistake to tie the entire season to him. The guys game has fallen off a cliff the last couple years, he's a backup at this point. Likely will need to try and get Glenn out of Calgary if the backups here aren't good enough to take the reigns because Glenn would actually fit this offense and give us average qbing to allow ths defense to win a few games. 

Gee that Ricky Ray can't convert any second downs, ahhh he can't hang onto the football, hmmm the Argos only have 9 points in the fourth quarter. Maybe it's time to look at Harris or Collaros...

All sarcasm aside, it's week 2, and offenses always take more time to gel than defenses, so maybe lets chill out and relax and stop wetting our panties and see where were at say week six or seven, like any half brained football observer would do, yes?? ;)

you go ahead and cling to your wrong opinions, but they're still wrong. It's good that you can at least respect what we're saying, that just indicates that deep down you are afraid we're right and that your happy thoughts might not wind up coming true.

I wish Pierce was still a guy you can count on but he's not and that's why it was such a huge mistake to tie the entire season to him. The guys game has fallen off a cliff the last couple years, he's a backup at this point. Likely will need to try and get Glenn out of Calgary if the backups here aren't good enough to take the reigns because Glenn would actually fit this offense and give us average qbing to allow ths defense to win a few games.

you know, i have always respected.you as a poster.but ive come to realize you are literally incapable of posting without coming across as a raging thunder ******..

I can't tell if its Crowton or Pierce's fault for our increasingly conservative playcalling as the game goes on ...

I mean Pierce being in for the last two plays of the 1st half and calling two running plays?  Weird.  Blah blah... 

Either way, if Elliott was here, we would be a major contender.  As it is, we're waiting for Buck to get hurt.

Kevin Glenn is the answer for this football team. Say what you want about Glenn, but he has been a solid QB in this league. Bomber's need a guy who can move the ball, and when KG is on, he's on. This defence has potential to be pretty deadly. Piece was a good qb but im just not so sure about him anymore. Just too much of a liability in my mind... and none of our back ups are ready. Lets trade for Glenn, that's if the stamps are even shopping him around. Is this a known fact? If the guys quit making some foolish plays were only one piece of the puzzle away from scaring some people.  Pierce is a great leader, I respect the hell out of him but this team needs to go in a different direction. ... Maybe even keep him around as a back up?

Despite coming across as a major ass-hat, you are also a 100% correct; all your posts on this topic are. 

Unfortunately, I don't think the Bombers will make a move for Glenn -- this season is Mack's defining moment. He's hitched his wagon to Bucky and suddenly turfing him in week 4 for a retread from '07 just isn't the Joe Mack way.

Sad thing is though, like Swaggerville, this D will be figured out by mid-season, and then we will NEED the O to step up. And with Pierce it can't. 

I can't tell if its Crowton or Pierce's fault for our increasingly conservative playcalling as the game goes on ...

I mean Pierce being in for the last two plays of the 1st half and calling two running plays?  Weird.  Blah blah... 

Either way, if Elliott was here, we would be a major contender.  As it is, we're waiting for Buck to get hurt.

If Elliott was here we'd be 0-2.

If the defence even turned in an average performance last night, i don't see us winning that game. And last night was probably one of bucks better games, in recent memory. He's just too inconsistent. I don't see us getting over the hump with him. And it pains me to say that because I've always been a supporter of his.

you know, i have always respected.you as a poster.but ive come to realize you are literally incapable of posting without coming across as a raging thunder ******..

Honestly though, he has a point. Our argument is based on what we've been shown the past 2-3 years. Your argument is based on ... hope, more or less.

I don't think it's about the offense needing to gel at all. My concern is that Buck can't make the throws.

This isn't like the receivers running the wrong routes and it them dropping catchable balls. I see receivers being disappointed because they are wide open and not getting the ball.

The only issues I seen was bad hand offs, and a few plays where Simpson went the wrong way.

But for the most part it was slow releases and bad throws. We are lucky that Kohlert made that amazing catch at the end.

Crowton's play calling is sub par from what I've seen.  Unfortunately we have no one else and can only hope he gets better.  And, FYI, the only reason Buck put points on the board last night is because of how badly Montreal played.  Buck looked very shaky, especially after the hits he took.  But he was looking shaky even at the start.  I mean, have you ever watched a close up of him on the camera?  The dude's got this glazed over look like he's staring into the magical tunnel of wonder.

I find a lot of the comments regarding, "none of the other QB's have proven themselves yet so Buck's our only option" kind of dumb.  How is a QB supposed to get experience if they never play him?  Seriously.  Throw Hall or Goltz out for a few series and let's see what they can do.  I'm not saying the whole game, just a few series.  It's either that or wait till Buck gets pounded into the ground, or plays so badly one of them has to come in.

And just as a last note, our D was amazing last night and carried this team.  I haven't heard anything on Turner yet, but I hope he's ok and recovers quickly.

Goltz just isn't ready to take the job yet, IMO.  Might as well let him get some good time in as the backup before Pierce is inevitably injured again and Goltz is thrown into the fire.

For all the people clamouring to sit or cut Pierce, just remember who you're talking about... Goltz IS going to get his shot this year.  It's just a matter of when, and I prefer to keep him on the bench just a little longer.

I don't think it's about the offense needing to gel at all. My concern is that Buck can't make the throws.

This isn't like the receivers running the wrong routes and it them dropping catchable balls. I see receivers being disappointed because they are wide open and not getting the ball.

The only issues I seen was bad hand offs, and a few plays where Simpson went the wrong way.

But for the most part it was slow releases and bad throws. We are lucky that Kohlert made that amazing catch at the end.

I thought that Kohlert reception was a pretty damn good throw as well

Goltz just isn't ready to take the job yet, IMO. Might as well let him get some good time in as the backup before Pierce is inevitably injured again and Goltz is thrown into the fire.

For all the people clamouring to sit or cut Pierce, just remember who you're talking about... Goltz IS going to get his shot this year. It's just a matter of when, and I prefer to keep him on the bench just a little longer.

Goltz as been with us for three seasons, Hall started in the NFL. What do these guys have to do to get some playing time?

I would hope after three years Goltz should be ready!

At this exact moment, Buck is the best we have. He proved it last night with some really tough throws. Couple of side-arm bullets over the middle, the one to Denmark on the goal line, and the from-the-bootstraps bomb to Kohlert were all pretty tough throws. He fought off the blitz pretty good, for the most part. 

I'm willing to wait till Labour Day and see where the offense is at. I personally expect Buck/Crowton to have this thing getting better each week...incrementally...

I would hope after three years Goltz should be ready!

Based on what?  Is three a magical number that determines a QB is ready?  Have you done research to suggest 3 years is the maximum amount of time it should take a QB to develop?  Tate got five years!

Besides, it's more like 2.5 years, and even that was as the #3 or #4 QB.  Not getting a whole lot of reps.  Like I said, Pierce will go down, Goltz will get his chance.  Why rush it?  How has that worked out for us in the past?