Buck Pierce......should Goltz Start?

Brandon

Perhaps people should re evaluate the system. This is reminiscent of Mike Kelly burning through a stable of QBs with similar results and then trying to make Bishop into a pocket passer. Clearly not one of Bishop's assets and another failure. That group of QBs said Payton Manning would have failed in that situation. The difference being he would not have stood for it and people would have listened.

Not that it matters now but Bishop had a hammie the entire time he was here and that's the reason he didn't run. It happens a lot when guys are flown in and quickly put into games without a TC behind them.

Veteran leadership..... goes on the radio and blames the offense and the team for missing assignments and throws in  at the end that he himself is a part of the problem.     I'm sure the guys are loving him.....

I'm guessing that Buck is getting heat from the coaching staff behind closed doors and is desparately trying to deflect blame. He's never done this before. Based on that I'd say his time was up but then I hear this morning that they are going to cancel today's practice (reason: to give the D a rest) which likely means we go with status quo.

Perhaps people should re evaluate the system. This is reminiscent of Mike Kelly burning through a stable of QBs with similar results and then trying to make Bishop into a pocket passer. Clearly not one of Bishop's assets and another failure. That group of QBs said Payton Manning would have failed in that situation. The difference being he would not have stood for it and people would have listened.

turning Pierce into a pocket passer is obviously a mistake... but he can't run anymore either so it's the only choice they have. The mistake here was all about sticking with Pierce when it was plain as day last season he was finished as an effective starter in the CFL. 

I'm not forgiving the coaching staff, even if the offense has seemed more imaginative than in years past but look at it this way, is Buck even effective when he's flushed out of the pocket anymore? He's been flushed out many times and has maybe made one play (the pass to Kohlert, which was a terrible throw to a wide open man). He's not as mobile as he once was and he's abhorrently inaccurate while stationary, let alone while on the run,

Crowton's schemes are way more suited to a Glenn or Elliott...  Buck NEEDS to run to make his game effective, I would say he actually gets sacked more when we line up double-tight ends as protection...

We basically have one QB that is more pocket passer and could effectively run this offence - Max Hall.  Labour Day can't come soon enough.

Crowton's schemes are way more suited to a Glenn or Elliott...  Buck NEEDS to run to make his game effective, I would say he actually gets sacked more when we line up double-tight ends as protection...

We basically have one QB that is more pocket passer and could effectively run this offence - Max Hall.  Labour Day can't come soon enough.

We wouldn't run this offense if we had a moblie QB(like Goltz) in the game.

This offense is being ran because it was deemed this was the most system that Buck could be most productive in while staying healthy. Unfortunately, his production and overall skills have greatly diminished. 

Anybody have a link to Buck blaming the offense and recievers? If its true, then FU Buck.

It's not like he came out and said those guys sucked adn that's why the offense sucked, he just mentioned a few different things that were wrong including himself. I think the biggest issue people take is that he didn't come out and say "Well I sucked the big one, that's all on my shitty play"

Wouldnt it be smart for the team to give Goltz/Hall some reps during real game time whenever Buck is hurt.... we all know at some point Buck will get knocked out of a game and it sure would be nice to have a QB who has seen the field to come into the game and start the game with at least a bit of experience rather then throwing him to the wolves or putting him on the field cold with zero play time.  

They did that for the last 2 seasons and look how fantastic that turned out.... 

I didnt' watch tonight, was Buck really that bad? He seemed good up until that lame duck deep ball which was returned for big yards followed by the perfectly tossed Ray bomb TD which seemed to have killed all life in the Blue?

To put it into perspective, he was playing the same way he always does. One good drive then he shits the bed.

Zero touchdowns says it all.

The defense looked weak all game.

We couldn't pressure Ray with a four man rush, so why blitz then, right? Might as well get beat with a passive defense. Why be aggressive when we could lose the game by more than 2 touchdowns being aggressive? Oh wait!!! Crowton wasn't the only coordinator who sucked on Friday night. Total team effort by our entire coaching staff.

We couldn't pressure Ray with a four man rush, so why blitz then, right? Might as well get beat with a passive defense. Why be aggressive when we could lose the game by more than 2 touchdowns being aggressive? Oh wait!!! Crowton wasn't the only coordinator who sucked on Friday night. Total team effort by our entire coaching staff.

It couldn't possibly have to do with the fact we were down ...

2 starting defensive tackles

2 starting linebackers

And had a host of new guys seeing their first, significant game action .. no .. it's the co-ordinator who failed us that game .. the simple fact is, we don't have the same speed or push on defense when 1/3 of our starters aren't playing.  Who'd have thought that?  But let's not sell the Argo's short .. they have a good offensive line .. they schemed well .. and they took it to the Bombers.  But please don't simplistically toss blame around without first considering the why.

It couldn't possibly have to do with the fact we were down ...

2 starting defensive tackles

2 starting linebackers

And had a host of new guys seeing their first, significant game action .. no .. it's the co-ordinator who failed us that game .. the simple fact is, we don't have the same speed or push on defense when 1/3 of our starters aren't playing.  Who'd have thought that?  But let's not sell the Argo's short .. they have a good offensive line .. they schemed well .. and they took it to the Bombers.  But please don't simplistically toss blame around without first considering the why.

I don't buy that for a second. You have to scheme defensively the same. Pressure Ray to hurry his throws. If we knew our DL & LBers were weak then you HAVE TO BLITZ to create pressure. Not sit back & let Ray Pick us apart. How did playing a passive defense work out for us on Friday??? Shitty so why the hell not blitz? We couldn't cover anyway & were being torched just rushing four so the answer is just keep doing what wasn't working??? I'd have rather seen this team go down fighting than in effect, just giving up which what I feel our defense did because the players knew it wasn't working.

You don't buy the fact that there is a drop off in talent between our starters and our backups?  You don't buy that guys who've *NEVER* played a CFL regular season game may not execute to the same level as the starters .. interesting .. For the record .. we *DID* blitz during the game .. Ray did a good job of getting the ball out of his hands .. but .. beyond that .. the Argos offensive line .. backs .. did a tremendous job picking up that pressure. 

You don't buy the fact that there is a drop off in talent between our starters and our backups?  You don't buy that guys who've *NEVER* played a CFL regular season game may not execute to the same level as the starters .. interesting .. For the record .. we *DID* blitz during the game .. Ray did a good job of getting the ball out of his hands .. but .. beyond that .. the Argos offensive line .. backs .. did a tremendous job picking up that pressure. 

What did I just say? I said,  if  you have personnel that are inferior then you go to a system with lots of blitzes to hide the deficiencies because the players can't compete one on one. You create pressure to keep Ray off balance as well as his OL. So yeah, damned right you blitz. Maybe we should have just conceded the game because we had better players out with injuries. I mean, great game plan, rush 4, drop 8 & hope for the best. So, no... I still don't buy what you're selling because it didn't work.

*cough*

And continuing to blitz despite despite that pressure constantly being picked up is simply asking for trouble ..