Buck Pierce......should Goltz Start?

Brandon

Goltz has the pro arm, but his passing accuracy is questionable. If Buck goes down and he goes in, it will be with the active support of Hall who is a much more accurate passer. Expect a tandem. Goltz was cut last season and accuracy was an issue. He returned because of injury. There has been improvement, but certainly not starter improvement...........his exhibition experience with the rookies did his development some damage. It was a bad decision by Burke. I believe he can improve.

Goltz has to start next game.....  Buck is absolutely done as a player and shouldn't see the field ever again.... he had the time and the open men and a great running game .... yet he did sweet f all against the worst defense in the league.  

I can't believe Pierce is playing

Pierce has regressed every single year hes been here. Its gotten to the point that even if he is healthy enough to play hes a liability on the field.

Edwards and Denmark also don't cut it, it might time to replace them with two of Poblah(for the ratio), Anderson and Doug Pierce. Clearly this team has a lot of issues on the offensive side of the ball, but our defense should be good enough to win us around 8 games this year.

I was saying the same thing in the game chat. Buck just simply can't make plays or reads anymore. On essentially every sack, he had plenty of time and just couldn't do anything. This was the worst I've ever seen him and that is saying a lot. It's completely disgraceful.

Pierce has regressed every single year hes been here. Its gotten to the point that even if he is healthy enough to play hes a liability on the field.

Edwards and Denmark also don't cut it, it might time to replace them with two of Poblah(for the ratio), Anderson and Doug Pierce. Clearly this team has a lot of issues on the offensive side of the ball, but our defense should be good enough to win us around 8 games this year.

Benching Denmark seems like a silly move.  He's not the problem.

just makes me angry. Any other position on the team plays that poorly the backup would go in but noooo can't pull pierce, he's just too good compared to the backups. Sickening. If the backups aren't good enough to go in when the qb is struggling that much get some backups who you CAN play. 

The frustrating thing is that Buck did make some plays in the first half.  He wasn't shooting the lights out but he did move the ball for a TD and the Palardy miss.  He was 10/14 for about 130 at halftime but then he completely fell apart in the third quarter.

Gotta rewatch the game and see what changed in the third quarter, whether Hamilton started blitzing more or what.

Another weird thing: who could have anticipated that Etienne would be outplaying Matthews at this point in the season?

Apparently Burke said in the post game that he didn't ever think of pulling Buck.  I really wouldn't expect a coach to say much otherwise, but it was depressing nonetheless.

The real depressing part was that he basically tossed pierce under the bus for how he played... and THEN said he never considered pulling him! How on earth can that even be?

Bomber management really needs to sit down and figure out what they're doing at QB.  Mack and Burke have to win this year or they're gone.  This defense is great and it'll be a shame if its wasted this year, but also in coming years.  Look at the ages of the players on D.  They're almost all young.  If Burke and Creehan can do this with a bunch of young guys, imagine how good they can be when the players mature a little more.  But unless we win games that potential may be decreased.

Gotta rewatch the game and see what changed, whether Hamilton started blitzing more or what.

Another weird thing: who could have anticipated that Etienne would be outplaying Matthews at this point in the season?

on point one, it wouldn't surprise me, that's what happened when montreal wanted to stop pierce. send pressure he is useless. 

as for Etienne shouldn't be that much of a surprise, pierce has always used the SBs more effectively than the WRs. 

The frustrating thing is that Buck did make some plays in the first half.  He wasn't shooting the lights out but he did move the ball for a TD and the Palardy miss.  He was 10/14 for about 130 at halftime but then he completely fell apart in the third quarter.

Gotta rewatch the game and see what changed in the third quarter, whether Hamilton started blitzing more or what.

His first half was pretty darn bad still.  If we are setting that as the acceptable level that is trouble.  At one point he was 2/7 (I think).  Buck's story is always the same.  One decent drive a game, pumps up the stats a little to look closer and then he's terrible for the rest of it.  He used to be inconsistent.  Now he has fewer highs and a lot more lows.  

And Matthews has to be fuming that he's stuck in this offense right now - though he also missed some very catchable balls.

on point one, it wouldn't surprise me, that's what happened when montreal wanted to stop pierce. send pressure he is useless. 

as for Etienne shouldn't be that much of a surprise, pierce has always used the SBs more effectively than the WRs. 

It's true, but it's mostly because he can't make throws to the sideline. He either airmails them or puts 'em in the dirt.

Also, he sucks.

Burke and Mack made a huge mistake hitching their jobs to Buck Pierce and they'll probably (rightfully so I might add) pay with their jobs.

Definitely deserve to be fired if they're going to stick with Pierce...

And yet I will miss them both, honestly.  The roster is so talented and the defense is tremendous.  The former is Mack's top priority and the latter is Burke's area of strength.  Which is to say, both are seemingly good at what they specialize at, yet fail to make the decisions required of men in charge at the moment.

Buck is a big problem, but not the only problem. I have never seen a group of receivers look so ragged as they approach the line. The whole offence is way out of sync. Poorly prepared?

I don't think we should be judging "how they approach the line."  They probably all approach the line they way they always did, we're just more likely to look at it now and play armchair psychologist.

Buck is a big problem, but not the only problem. I have never seen a group of receivers look so ragged as they approach the line. The whole offence is way out of sync. Poorly prepared?

The receivers didn't play well tonight but I am willing to give them a pass because a) they usually bail Pierce out more than he deserves and b ) how would you feel if almost every ball you got was either overthrown horribly, or put in a place where you would be killed if you held on?