Game Day Thread

Noeller

Bombers @ Alouettes -- 7pm EST -- Percival Molson Stadium, Montreal PQ

Virtually everyone in Canada is taking the Als to win this game. Bombers ranked just barely ahead of Edmonton in all power rankings. 

Sounds to me like there's a lot to prove...

Hopefully they win this one, came close last week just decided they already had it one in the first quarter and sent out the PR to play. Would love to see a close game but a win to make it worth the outrageous Allouette ticket prices I Paid to go see the game. 

Go Big Blue!

Everyone wants a win but I'll be happy if we:

• Reduce Turn overs
  • Run the Ball better.
  • Keep AC to similar stats

If we would of done that last week we would of win. Like in 2011 we are going to need to win the turnover battle to win games.

There were a lot of things to like about the game last week.  The biggest thing for me was how the Bombers went down by 14 but came back and even lead the game for awhile.  In 2012 going down by 14 was a death sentence, it was just all downhill from there.  I remember that Edmonton game last year where we were down almost immediately and the slide just kept going - I think at one point we were down by like 35-0 or something.  That didn't happen last week, though it could have easily happened.  I am liking the fight this year.  I hope it keeps up.  These guys don't seem to like losing very much, unlike our guys last year, who always found time to yuck it up on the sidelines even when we were getting creamed.

The addition of Whitaker to the lineup is a bit concerning for me, but hopefully our OLBs can try and keep up with him with his quick feet.

Hopefully we can sustain more drives and maintain a better time of possession.  Minimize those turnovers and get Simpson more involved and we may have a shot.

I'm hoping Whitaker is rusty and after major knee surgery, he could easily not be the same player. He's still better than Jennings but he should't be the same back he has been in years past. At least not in his first game.

I mean, by all logic we should lose this game. All things being equal, we lost at home and play a team that gained their starting HB and Lavoie as well who is no slouch, while we haven't gotten anyone back from injury and lost Gilmore. I guess Carrier not playing helps but there is a reason why we are underdogs. Of course, if the defense plays just as well as last week and Buck throws 1 or 2 less picks, it's easily a different story so I am looking forward to it.

I just hope that our best player on offense is someone other than Demond Washington because as spectacular as he was, it's clearly not sustainable.

i'll take the loss as long as it will push Burke to make a QB change next week.

did I say..

i'll take the loss as long as it will push Burke to make a QB change next week?

guess i said it..

:D

did I say..

i'll take the loss as long as it will push Burke to make a QB change next week?

guess i said it..

:D

I doubt we see a QB change until Labour Day barring an injury....

Bombers need to run-the-frigging-ball. Lots. if they can't or won't then they deserve the loss that will come as a result.

Everyone is saying that but I'm not sure I agree.  The Als are gearing up against the run and daring the Bombers to pass it.  So to me, trying to run it is a fool's errand.  They need to execute in the passing game because that's where the opportunities will be.  Until they can execute the passing game, it will be the same old story every week.

Everyone is saying that but I'm not sure I agree.  The Als are gearing up against the run and daring the Bombers to pass it.  So to me, trying to run it is a fool's errand.  They need to execute in the passing game because that's where the opportunities will be.  Until they can execute the passing game, it will be the same old story every week.

agree. they know buck will throw an interception over the course of the game. so they loading the box to stop our run game. for us to have a good running game buck should passed the ball successfully and consistenly. not necessarily big play pass but shor or medium passes thats enough to move to the chain.

wait, sounds like im talking about a young quarterback.

I like this. If they stack the box I want to see some slants and screens and hot routes and dumps/shovels. I don't want to beat the blitz with protection. I want to make them pay for it with excecution

It's true, and it's going to be the exact same gameplan all year for teams facing the bombers. stop the run and laugh when Pierce thinks he can beat you with his arm. The qb position is such a liability for the bombers right now that it makes the offense much easier to defend. Pierce NEEDS to have success passing the ball if this team has a hope in hell of ever getting a consistent running game going. He had the receivers open to make plays passing last week, now he needs to actually hit his targets more consistently.