Etcheverry announced as Defensive Coordinator (finally)

Mike

That would be a low totem pole priority for me.  Here's the ball, now run for your life!

First we NEED a RB... seeing as simpson and ford have not been re-signed.

You can't seriously be worried that we're not going to find running backs...that's the easiest of all...

Worried that we can fin a Rb? No. Worried we are going to find a great running back that can run out in the open, up the gut and can block? Yup. RB are easiest to find, but finding great RB isn't easy.

Ford and Simpson aren't great running backs either.

I agree neither Ford nor Simpson have been great for us. Interesting that of the 99 RBs in Indianapolis Colts history, Simpson is ranked 36th. Another RB who came to us via the Colts was Ronald Humphrey (during the Reinebold era in 1997) but he got cut at training camp, which was held in Portage la Prairie. Humphrey was a power back and is ranked 45th best RB in Colts history. I think quick, slashing-style runners like Roberts and Sheets are better suited to CFL ball than the NFL style power backs. I would think for sure Bellefeueille can, and will, handle the RB coaching. Here's the link to Colts rankings http://www.fantasyfootballchallenge.com/32-14-2/indianapolis-colts-running-backs.html

Since I was a young lad we have had: Reaves-Mimbs, Richardson-Bryant-WilliamsRoberts-Reid-Simpson as the more mainstay running backs.

So in 30 years: That's two I'd put in the All-Time great category and 4 I'd put in the pretty darn good level. Not worried about running back.

That's a good list. I believe we also had Tim Jessie in there from 1988 - 1992. I think he was our running back for the 1988 and 1990 Grey Cups. And he wore #5!

Since I was a young lad we have had: Reaves-Mimbs, Richardson-Bryant-WilliamsRoberts-Reid-Simpson as the more mainstay running backs.

So in 30 years: That's two I'd put in the All-Time great category and 4 I'd put in the pretty darn good level. Not worried about running back.

Agreed. Running back is the last thing we need to worry about. As has been said, it's the easier position to find a capable starter.