Jade Etienne & Brandon Stewart

gbill2004

Glad Stewart won't be back.  I don't think anyone ruined his career.  He has had many opportunities to succeed, he's shown he is incapable of playing anything but the field corner... failed miserably when given the opportunity at HB and SAM.  Not sure he is worth the veteran's salary he would be commanding just to play that field corner spot.  Not to mention the fact that he has always shown himself to be a me-first type of guy, rather than a team guy... stupid penalties, refusing to go down after an interception with no time remaining even though it's the safe play, constantly jumping routes and not coming up with the ball... never been a fan.

I must admit I don't like the no contact aspect of dealing with a player, but…I cannot say if indeed that is correct.

While the present coaching staff was not around at the end of the year, there must have been some sort of year end evaluations etc.

One half of Stewart's play always intrigued me while one half pissed me off, so I guess I'm only half-surprised if they still don't offer a contract.

Jade?..don't know the story there, but I was still pulling for him.

In the end, he was still considered an asset and we traded an asset to help get a guy we wanted.

All's good.

I liked Stewart, but he was always inconsistent. I'd hope that the Bombers would have told him they weren't going to keep him if that's in fact true.  Always better to let folks know what's going on as soon as possible.

I never like Jade.  He was a huge stretch where he was picked and he only had 2 good games in his 3 year career.  A lot of folks around here were pulling for him and would try to shout down everyone who said otherwise.  If he makes the Riders, it won't be as a starter.

Letting Eitenne go might be something we end up regretting.

Can't keep a guy around on the basis of potential as it may never happen. If he develops into a starter with the Riders then that is good for him. He does have some experienced receivers he can learn from in Saskatchewan like Bagg, Getzlaff & Simon. Looks like Winnipeg either didn't want Etienne or he wasn't going to sign here so to get Drew Willy for him in a trade was fine. 

A lot of folks around here were pulling for him and would try to shout down everyone who said otherwise.  

what we were actually trying to shout down was this ridiculous notion that he was a failure before he even stepped onto the field. Don't pretend that the hate (yes hate) that some of you showed for the kid was based on anything other than where he was picked in the draft and what your imaginary draft board looked like. 

A lot of folks around here were pulling for him and would try to shout down everyone who said otherwise.  

what we were actually trying to shout down was this ridiculous notion that he was a failure before he even stepped onto the field. Don't pretend that the hate (yes hate) that some of you showed for the kid was based on anything other than where he was picked in the draft and what your imaginary draft board looked like. 

He was a bust, 17. Thankfully he's now gone. Looks like the Bombers didn't even want him back. There wasn't hate as much as disdain that  Mack could have picked him where he did instead of the 4th round where he belonged. 

Too many people hated on Jade simply because they wanted him to play to their expectations of a fourth overall pick instead of simply playing like a capable member of our roster.

He was never capable, Mike. He had 1 game where he looked like maybe he belonged. And that was a career game for him vs Calgary last season. Well, that career game for Jade was just an above average for most other receivers in the CFL when the ball is thrown their way. Then he went back to doing what he did best, he became invisible again. 

He was a bust, 17. Thankfully he's now gone. Looks like the Bombers didn't even want him back. There wasn't hate as much as disdain that  Mack could have picked him where he did instead of the 4th round where he belonged. 

He is 24 years old! Lots of guys don't even start in the CFL until they're older than that and you've already labelled him a bust! The Bombers were very upfront when they called Etienne a project but you haters wouldn't have it, he was a bust before he even got into training camp. I look forward to seeing you and Tburgess back tracking when Etienne shows to be a capable receiver in Saskatchewan. 

Jade really didn't show much at all.  I wouldn't have been bothered if we had given him another shot to prove himself, but up until now he has proven nothing except that he has decent hands, and if someone forgets to cover him, he can get open.  He was a liability on special teams too (big problem).

He is 24 years old! Lots of guys don't even start in the CFL until they're older than that and you've already labelled him a bust! The Bombers were very upfront when they called Etienne a project but you haters wouldn't have it, he was a bust before he even got into training camp. I look forward to seeing you and Tburgess back tracking when Etienne shows to be a capable receiver in Saskatchewan. 

The guy is a bust. I'm right.You're wrong. That's all there is to it. 

No no nopers. Iso is a player evaulation god. He just looks at a guy and goes "bust!" or "boom!" And thats all there is to it. Forget the fact he is one of younger guys drafted.. Forget that he had almost no real time as a reciever before playing and STILL looked great. Also forget the fact he had steadily improved while he was here with some of the shittiest QBs and OCs to come through our doors...

Nope, iso screamed bust to everyone who would listen and so obviously the kids a hack..