Jade Etienne & Brandon Stewart

gbill2004

I am interested in what Brescacin brings to the table. Methinks that he's a guy Walters wanted in the 2012 draft but was over-ruled by Mack. We've now dumped Aprile, Poblah, Dicroce, Etienne and may not get Kohlert back.  With Watson usually getting banged up by week five, there's a lot of room at NI receiver right now.  Maybe Ismael Bamba gets another shot? 

It's still way too early to call Etienne a bust, should he have been chosen at #4 ? No, but that's a different discussion that's already been ran through to death.

Jade is still young and has looked good when the ball was actually thrown to him, he was also very inexperience, people forget he had only been playing football for a couple of years before he was drafted.

Look at how long it took for Getz to be considered a top end NI receiver and someone like Stala also comes to mind, sometimes it takes players some time before they find their groove in the CFL. I honestly think peoples hate for Jade has a lot more to do with their hate for Joe Mack than anything else. 

I am interested in what Brescacin brings to the table. Methinks that he's a guy Walters wanted in the 2012 draft but was over-ruled by Mack. We've now dumped Aprile, Poblah, Dicroce, Etienne and may not get Kohlert back.  With Watson usually getting banged up by week five, there's a lot of room at NI receiver right now.  Maybe Ismael Bamba gets another shot? 

I think Taylor Renaud and Brett Carter will step up...  assuming he's signed

It's still way too early to call Etienne a bust, should he have been chosen at #4 ? No, but that's a different discussion that's already been ran through to death.

Jade is still young and has looked good when the ball was actually thrown to him, he was also very inexperience, people forget he had only been playing football for a couple of years before he was drafted.

Look at how long it took for Getz to be considered a top end NI receiver and someone like Stala also comes to mind, sometimes it takes players some time before they find their groove in the CFL. I honestly think peoples hate for Jade has a lot more to do with their hate for Joe Mack than anything else. 

Those are interesting comparisons.  Getzlaf has a big body, but doesn't have great speed or hands like Etienne, doesn't have the length of Etienne or his U of R contemporary Chris Bauman (who is actually a really good comparable for Etienne).  Getzlaf is a receiver though, he didn't bully short DB's in CIS or run by guys slower than him and catch rainbows, he developed into a receiver in CIS.  He struggled to get a shot in the CFL because he didn't have great anything, he could just play.  In his first season where he got regular snaps he had over 500 yards.  Getzlaf is more like a Coehoorn (although Coehoorn was much higher rated) was in that draft, just a solid football player (about the same age too 24-25 at the draft), but doesn't leap off the page with athleticism or size, just produces on offence and special teams.

Stala is like Etienne in that IIRC he didn't line up at receiver for St. Mary's until his 2nd or 3rd year, he did placekick and punt for them.  His development track would have been what the Bombers were looking for out of Etienne (a couple years to develop, 1000 yards in his 3rd season, minus the 2 years missed to injury after that), although Stala was a very late pick for the Als.