Walters to be on CJOB live momentarily

Mr. Perfect

I was sort of happy we didn't land Burris TBH... But now that I'm reading the rumored contract Burris got I'm pretty ecstatic.

I'll be happier with Willy and Brown duking it out in camp. With Goltz or a new guy in the 3rd QB role doing sneaks.

Now we'll have better chances at guys like Bourke, Laurent and Emry if we want.

If Walters had a set of nuts to go with being a nice guy, here's what he'd do:

When he heard OTT was in the mix for 400-plus over 3 years, offer Henry 450 plus this year, 500 next year, 550 the third -- a truly appalling, bat **** crazy contract that appeals to Henry's massive ego. 

Henry signs in a heartbeat, it shows the Bombers "mean business/have balls," and makes agents of other FAs take notice. Then offer Willy a contract that is aggressive and is heavily weighed in year 2 and 3. 

You see where this is going. You cut Henry outright the end of year one and re-neg Willy to be starter.  

So on CJOB this morning there was a clip of Desjardins saying that they're ready to go into training camp with both QB's, buuuut, if someone wanted to trade a good commodity for Glenn they wouldn't be opposed to it.

And there, ladies and gentlemen, is the hitch we all kind of already figured he'd do.

Desjardins is a ****. He's also a better GM than Walters. 

I dunno he's already been canned from the only other GM position he held how good is he really? Remember how hard everyone laughs at the Printers contract in Hamilton, guess who gave that one out. 

Was going to say .. the hot mess that was Hamilton begs to differ ..

Based on winning out on one free agent signing?  Wow, doesn't take much to impress you does it?

Yes, cause that is the only lousy thing that's occurred since he took over.

Switch from dial-up, there Jusup. You're missing out on a lot of info .

So we release Glenn in search of a better QB years ago and we are now thinking of bringing him back?  I understand why but it just goes to show how poorly this team has been run since.  

This is so true.

And you know what they say about hindsight but it was Kelly's decision to drop Glenn that has left us in the poop ever since.

Based on winning out on one free agent signing?  Wow, doesn't take much to impress you does it?

I think you're missing some info on the colossal botch job Desjardins did in Hamilton.  2 years of futility trumps one poor off-season, IMO...

What future would we have mortgaged?  What young guy on this team is making top dollar?

A trade will mortgage the future much more than matching an offer.

Did Ottawa pay Burris 465k/yr for 3 years. If so that is what I would call mortgaging the future....financially. QBs have notorious egos so paying this old guy 1;3M is madness.

You can win a GC with a less than average QB (Sean Salisbury) if you have great D and a decent offense...

No.  An average quarterback and defence can get you to the big game... only to get blown out by a great quarterback...  see 2011.

Cmon now... we hardly got blown out.  That game might have ended in the Bomber's favour if Willis hadn't dropped that gimme interception for a touchdown.  (The bombers were down by less than 10 at that point and the lions ended up scoring on that drive - the drop was a 14 point shift)

I think you're missing some info on the colossal botch job Desjardins did in Hamilton.  2 years of futility trumps one poor off-season, IMO...

The past three months of Walters has laid the groundwork for the upcoming season of Blue Bomber football to make the two Desjardins seasons in Hamilton look like the Warren Moon years in Edmonton.

I was one of the people who was tired of Glenn and his inconsistency.  But looking back, I wish we had just kept him this whole time.  I never knew it could get this bad.

Crazy that after all these years, we are excited about the possibility of him coming back.

His previous track record, along with significantly overpaying for Burris, suggest differently. Guy spends heavily on CFL-expereinced QB's; regardless of impact on roster.  Jury's out on Walters.

Yesterday I was super-pissed about losing out on Burris.  I'd still be super-pissed to lose out on him anywhere under $400k.  But he's been made the 2nd highest-paid in the CFL at 39; and for 3 years.  I think I'd be more pissed if it was on our payroll.

I was one of the people who was tired of Glenn and his inconsistency.  But looking back, I wish we had just kept him this whole time.  I never knew it could get this bad.

If only they'd listened to me back then! I tried to tell everyone who would listen that Kevin Glenn may not be the ideal qb but you don't drop the guy until you know you have someone better to replace him with. 

His previous track record, along with significantly overpaying for Burris, suggest differently. Guy spends heavily on CFL-expereinced QB's; regardless of impact on roster.  Jury's out on Walters.

Yesterday I was super-pissed about losing out on Burris.  I'd still be super-pissed to lose out on him anywhere under $400k.  But he's been made the 2nd highest-paid in the CFL at 39; and for 3 years.  I think I'd be more pissed if it was on our payroll.

He was the best QB option. Sign his prima-donna ass to an unfriendly contract and then cut him/re-neg him in the offseason.

Henry is happy -- he makes a bucket of money for his (last) year.

We're happy -- we have a real QB to win a few games and take pressure off Willy. And we look like we're in it to win it.

Now we look like loveable losers, except for the loveable part.

He was the best QB option. Sign his prima-donna ass to an unfriendly contract and then cut him/re-neg him in the offseason.

We're happy -- we have a real QB to win a few games and take pressure off Willy. And we look like we're in it to win it.

Geez, you make it sound like Giddings (Burris's agent) would love to sign such an obvious one-sided contract that would have his clients coconuts in a vise and that he would sign with glee.

If that really is the case, why is Burris's contract structured more heavily with Ottawa…in the 1st year, because Giddings is a rookie?

Yeah, and if you can't find his replacement, then what?  You're stuck paying him another boatload of money.

Yeah, and if you can't find his replacement, then what?  You're stuck paying him another boatload of money.

Ha! True!

Well, some of us we're calling for a different choice at GM, letting Kevin season for a few years. 

Its all speculation that things would've been better had we done that, but I do know they sure as hell wouldn't have been worse!