Walters to be on CJOB live momentarily

Mr. Perfect

Admits Winnipeg has not had a great reputation, and that it's a challenge in recruiting players. Reputation doesn't change over night. Winning changes it.

Walters already kicking tires on other teams to see what QB's may be available.

"Again we weren't prepared to mortgage our future and that's the bottom line."

I wonder if we trade a low draft pick to Sask so we can speak to Willy a week early.

Doubt it. Willy knows with it being this close to free agency he is better to wait and see what comes his way. Walters knows this too. Nothing is saying Willy would have to talk to Walters before Tuesday even if he did trade for his rights.

Kyle was quite calm and said it was a scenario they planned for. It's apparent he feels good about what the team can still do going forward.

Yeah, I liked what he said about the group of them, not 'grumbling', but simply moving forward and using these set backs as motivation.

We were prepared for this....what do people think he was going to say? We are now at Plan D. Damage control my butt. He probably went home after to trade his Depends. Who realistically has a QB to even trade at this point? Ottawa is the one and only option. What does he give up to get Glenn back? Isn't this ironic.

I agree with the notion of not mortgaging the future for the now and I agree with the idea of not over paying for Burris, but eventually we might have to over pay for someone, striving for the bottom of the barrel - discount types should not be the goal.

Who needs a GM when this guy apparently knows more than Walters ever could?

I don't know why teams keep hiring people with CFL and football operations experience when fans on this site can clearly make better decisions without even knowing all the info. Walters has all the info he needs to make these decisions and still mucks it up, what's his excuse.

Who needs a GM when this guy apparently knows more than Walters ever could?

I don't know why teams keep hiring people with CFL and football operations experience when fans on this site can clearly make better decisions without even knowing all the info. Walters has all the info he needs to make these decisions and still mucks it up, what's his excuse.

While I'm not a Walters fan, what more could he do ?

He fielded a competitive offer to Collaros and he chose to stay closer to home and play on a winning team.

Also fielded a pretty good offer to Burris and the Redblacks decided to overpay him.

Hard to pin all this on Walters -- this is still afterbirth of Mike Kelly and Joe Buttcrack -- yet Walters was chosen to steward us back to winning ways.

So far, not good. 

Would a more experienced GM have had better results? Hard to say, but then again, would a more experienced GM could have possibly had WORSE results?

What a lame response, 'mortgage the future'.........really, like CFL contracts are guaranteed now......when did that happen and what future player are you going to pay top dollar to this year instead that can possibly be more important than a QB..........

Why not just admit you ****** up.........he wanted a 3 year deal and you offered 2 and he got his 3 from someone else, end of story.

Why not just admit you ****** up.........he wanted a 3 year deal and you offered 2 and he got his 3 from someone else, end of story.

Former Ticats quarterback Henry Burris landed the big pay day he was looking for on Tuesday, signing a two-year deal with the Ottawa Redblacks worth in the neighbourhood of $450,000 a year, making him one of the highest paid players in the league. - The Scratching Post

Former Ticats quarterback Henry Burris landed the big pay day he was looking for on Tuesday, signing a two-year deal with the Ottawa Redblacks worth in the neighbourhood of $450,000 a year, making him one of the highest paid players in the league. - The Scratching Post

Boom.