Walters to be on CJOB live momentarily

Mr. Perfect

I was one of the people who was tired of Glenn and his inconsistency.  But looking back, I wish we had just kept him this whole time.  I never knew it could get this bad.

If only they'd listened to me back then! I tried to tell everyone who would listen that Kevin Glenn may not be the ideal qb but you don't drop the guy until you know you have someone better to replace him with. 

I was also trying in vein to anyone who would listen we should keep him... also tried campaigning to bring him back last year an got blasted.

Sorry guys, whenever I hear Walters, I think of Kevin "Lizard" Walters, who was Adler's producer at CJOB. 

I was once so thoroughly disgusted with the Adler show and the commercials that I sent Lizard a huge (well written) rant explaining why I think he sucks -- and he actually responded and asked me to remain a listener. 

So to that end, Kevin, I mean, Kyle Walters, is now Lizard. And he is the worst GM in the league.

Ya kno, it doesn't surprise me one ounce that you already think this without even getting out of the off-season..

Stay classy bud. Keep the faith!!

Forget class, sell me on all the great things that have transpired this off season. 

Granted, he still has many months to make it happen, but so far are you honestly impressed?

Or are you just being "positive?"

Oy.  Can we sell you on the fact that we avoided a giant albatross of a contract on Burris; and that Hamilton and Kent Austin were a flashier sell for Collaros instead?

Way too early to be passing judgment on Walters.  The mess that Mack left the organization in... pile on all that you want.  But way too early to judge Walters.

Fair response and I appreciate you indulging my question.

Still, he could've easily over paid for Burris and just cut the guy next year. 

I am fine with Glenn, but Desjardins is going to anally pound us for him. And Lizard is going to have to take it. 

Which is a great idea if you're looking to solve one problem by creating another one. If that's how he thinks business is done, he'll quickly develop a reputation that is just as bad as the one we have now. We're trying to rebuild our image as an appealing football club to join up with. Signing guys only to cut them a year later for no reason other than money troubles is not how you establish that.

.... as opposed to the reputation the OTT management group has after the Glenn thing?

No one gives a shite about "reputation" -- they care about money, wins, and opportunity. 

And I seriously doubt anyone would say "they signed a rock solid personality like Henry Burris and then turfed him after just a year. That guy was all class and deserved so much better!"

No one? If your answer is yes, then you're misguided. First, evidence suggests organizations with horrible reputations are the ones who usually don't have the money, the wins and the real opportunities over a sustained period of time. Second, organizations reputations are built by the individuals who manage and lead it. If these individuals, even if their highly skilled in their craft, predominatly lack in the areas of emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills sets, it significantly affects the reputation of the organization, ergo, the ability of the organization to attract quality people, from a player perspective, from a management perspective, from a sponsor perspective etc etc. Reputation affects an organizations bottom line no matter how you spin it, some more than others, but plays a part in the equation of success.     

Sorry guys, whenever I hear Walters, I think of Kevin "Lizard" Walters, who was Adler's producer at CJOB. 

I was once so thoroughly disgusted with the Adler show and the commercials that I sent Lizard a huge (well written) rant explaining why I think he sucks -- and he actually responded and asked me to remain a listener. 

So to that end, Kevin, I mean, Kyle Walters, is now Lizard. And he is the worst GM in the league.

Ya kno, it doesn't surprise me one ounce that you already think this without even getting out of the off-season..

Forget class, sell me on all the great things that have transpired this off season. 

Granted, he still has many months to make it happen, but so far are you honestly impressed?

Oy.  Can we sell you on the fact that we avoided a giant albatross of a contract on Burris; and that Hamilton and Kent Austin were a flashier sell for Collaros instead?

Way too early to be passing judgment on Walters.  The mess that Mack left the organization in... pile on all that you want.  But way too early to judge Walters.

I am fine with Glenn, but Desjardins is going to anally pound us for him. And Lizard is going to have to take it. 

Which is a great idea if you're looking to solve one problem by creating another one. If that's how he thinks business is done, he'll quickly develop a reputation that is just as bad as the one we have now. We're trying to rebuild our image as an appealing football club to join up with. Signing guys only to cut them a year later for no reason other than money troubles is not how you establish that.

.... as opposed to the reputation the OTT management group has after the Glenn thing?

No one gives a shite about "reputation" -- they care about money, wins, and opportunity. 

And I seriously doubt anyone would say "they signed a rock solid personality like Henry Burris and then turfed him after just a year. That guy was all class and deserved so much better!"

No one? If your answer is yes, then you're misguided. First, evidence suggests organizations with horrible reputations are the ones who usually don't have the money, the wins and the real opportunities over a sustained period of time. Second, organizations reputations are built by the individuals who manage and lead it. If these individuals, even if their highly skilled in their craft, predominatly lack in the areas of emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills sets, it significantly affects the reputation of the organization, ergo, the ability of the organization to attract quality people, from a player perspective, from a management perspective, from a sponsor perspective etc etc. Reputation affects an organizations bottom line no matter how you spin it, some more than others, but plays a part in the equation of success.     

Blah blah blah. Wally Buono has a rep for being total hard nose, "no loyalty" GM. 

If he ever wore all his GC rings in Vancouver he'd set off a metal detector in Victoria. 

Burris just finished a radio interview in Cgy. Not one word in 20 minutes about Kevin Glenn. The radio goofs after the interview figure Glenn goes to Wpg for a first or second round pick.

Exactly why in 50 years Cgy sportscasters have always made me ill.

I'd like to see ottawa the 3-15 team in the east this year.

Speaking of reputations…I have to wonder what Glenn and his agent, think of Desjardins now that he basically just tossed them aside.

They still think he's a dreamy GM?

But I'm sure they'll remain quiet and pure, and still deal with Desjardins as his new reputation deserves.

I know how I would look at it..

The idea of Glenn and Willy essentially being our only options is just plain sad.

While I don't blame Walters for losing on Burris and Collaros, the fact that he was solely relying on getting an FA QB, is a red flag IMO. He made his bed................

Blah blah blah. Wally Buono has a rep for being total hard nose, "no loyalty" GM. 

If he ever wore all his GC rings in Vancouver he'd set off a metal detector in Victoria. 

Buono also has the rep of winning and BC has a culture of winning and "family' atmosphere.

Winnipeg has the reputation of a circus show and couldn't even decide who should start, back-up or be the 3rd stringer last season. Walters' has no rep right now, he's a rookie GM, who IMO was given the job and didn't earn it. Thank Wade Miller for that one.

Who would honestly want to play in Winnipeg right now ?

The fact that Reilly and Collaros didn't even bother speaking to us and add in Burris (Redblacks overpaid) signing with an expansion team speaks volumes.

Didn't we also try and bring in McPherson (not that I wanted him here............ far from it) not too long ago as well and he declined ?

Burris just finished a radio interview in Cgy. Not one word in 20 minutes about Kevin Glenn. The radio goofs after the interview figure Glenn goes to Wpg for a first or second round pick.

Exactly why in 50 years Cgy sportscasters have always made me ill.

I'd like to see ottawa the 3-15 team in the east this year.

I think no matter what Hank says about Kevin Glenn, he's so shallow he could care less about the guy. Last night on CHQR radio here in Calgary, Hank did a live interview & Kevin Glenn was discussed. Hank said that he texted & reached out to Glenn. He said that Glenn told him he understands the business of football & that they are still great friends. That Glenn is a great guy & teammate. Sure, Hank... Whatever you say. Today I hear that Glenn said publicly he is unhappy.  Just to be clear, we don't have a 2nd round pick. Walters already traded it away for Neufeld. All we have is a first round pick that any teams would be interested in. 

And I believe as far as Calgary broadcasters go, you're referring to the Fan 960? I stopped listening to them a year ago. All they talk about is hockey, hockey, hockey, hockey, hockey. No other sport exists. It's all Flames & NHL. And  if they do talk other sports like football, they virtually no nothing about it. Personally, they have been through a ton of announcers over the  years & I can see why. I can't imagine how much of a grind it would be discussing the same subject over & over again. Day after day after day.

Shanks being in Calgary, if you want your CFL fix, tune into CHQR at 6:30 pm evenings during the week. Those guys have the Stamps & CFL covered like a blanket.

The idea of Glenn and Willy essentially being our only options is just plain sad.

While I don't blame Walters for losing on Burris and Collaros, the fact that he was solely relying on getting an FA QB, is a red flag IMO. He made his bed................

Both Glenn and Willy would be solid pick ups.

I also don't understand the red flag point? How else is he going to get a qb??

There is nothing wrong whatsoever with a Glenn and Willy duo. Both are every bit as good if not better than the two QB's who have signed elsewhere.

Get Willy and Glenn and all is forgiven Walters. 

I just have zero faith in that happening. I doubt he can even ink one of the two. 

Doubt we have any interest in Glenn.  Bellefeuille was still trying to replace Glenn with Porter at the end of the 2011 season.

Is Glenn swallowing his pride to go back to the town that rode him out on a rail plus the meh relationship he has with Marcel too much to ask ?

I just have zero faith in that happening. I doubt he can even ink one of the two. 

Doubt we have any interest in Glenn.  Bellefeuille was still trying to replace Glenn with Porter at the end of the 2011 season.

Is Glenn swallowing his pride to go back to the town that rode him out on a rail plus the meh relationship he has with Marcel too much to ask ?

I'm sure Glenn wants to play.  I'm not sure he would be preferred over Willy, who has a very vocal advocate in the front office.  I think Glenn will be stuck rotting in Ottawa, wishing he hadn't extended with Calgary.

Doubt we have any interest in Glenn. Bellefeuille was still trying to replace Glenn with Porter at the end of the 2011 season.

I'm sure Glenn wants to play. I'm not sure he would be preferred over Willy, who has a very vocal advocate in the front office. I think Glenn will be stuck rotting in Ottawa, wishing he hadn't extended with Calgary.

You referring to McManus?

There is nothing wrong whatsoever with a Glenn and Willy duo. Both are every bit as good if not better than the two QB's who have signed elsewhere.

Not the point I was trying to make, it's sad because we're not going after these guys because either of them were our first, second or even third choice, we're going after them out of necessity, because we couldn't get Reilly (last year), Collaros or Burris. We might not even get Glenn nor Willy, we just jump from one bandwagon to another (obviously you were a Willy backer from the beginning). I for one don't want to have to go through the Glenn experience again, we know what Glenn is, but.looking good in Calgary is one thing, doing something similar here is another. Willy is probably the most game ready out of all the "young" QB's, but that doesn't mean that he's good enough to be a starter in this league JMO.

Both Glenn and Willy would be solid pick ups.

I also don't understand the red flag point? How else is he going to get a qb??

Trade ??

The only thing Walters has shown me so far is that he makes moves for the sake of making moves, I haven't seen one thing so far that impresses me at all, maybe the exception of not over paying for Burris.