Walters to be on CJOB live momentarily

Mr. Perfect

Desjardins is a ****. He's also a better GM than Walters.

Based on winning out on one free agent signing? Wow, doesn't take much to impress you does it?

Yes, cause that is the only lousy thing that's occurred since he took over.

Switch from dial-up, there Jusup. You're missing out on a lot of info .

I think you're missing some info on the colossal botch job Desjardins did in Hamilton. 2 years of futility trumps one poor off-season, IMO...

Its funny cuz he tells you to look back at Walters "failures" to indicate why dejardins is better and yet probably had no idea what an epic failure he was in Hamilton..

At least Walters has youth and inexperience to say caused some of his foul ups (which, I really don't see as foul ups yet truth be told) dejardin gets to say what exactly if next year.Burris is.back to frank not Henry? ooops I did it again only works.for young hot chicks in sports bras n track pants..

Desjardins is a ****. He's also a better GM than Walters. 

I dunno he's already been canned from the only other GM position he held how good is he really? Remember how hard everyone laughs at the Printers contract in Hamilton, guess who gave that one out. 

Was going to say .. the hot mess that was Hamilton begs to differ ..

He was already on his way out the door when that deal happened. But there are plenty of other astonishly amateur-hour moves he made when he was here.

So on CJOB this morning there was a clip of Desjardins saying that they're ready to go into training camp with both QB's, buuuut, if someone wanted to trade a good commodity for Glenn they wouldn't be opposed to it.

And there, ladies and gentlemen, is the hitch we all kind of already figured he'd do.

That's it. My worst fears about this team realized.

Sorry guys, whenever I hear Walters, I think of Kevin "Lizard" Walters, who was Adler's producer at CJOB. 

I was once so thoroughly disgusted with the Adler show and the commercials that I sent Lizard a huge (well written) rant explaining why I think he sucks -- and he actually responded and asked me to remain a listener. 

So to that end, Kevin, I mean, Kyle Walters, is now Lizard. And he is the worst GM in the league. 

Sorry guys, whenever I hear Walters, I think of Kevin "Lizard" Walters, who was Adler's producer at CJOB. 

I was once so thoroughly disgusted with the Adler show and the commercials that I sent Lizard a huge (well written) rant explaining why I think he sucks -- and he actually responded and asked me to remain a listener. 

So to that end, Kevin, I mean, Kyle Walters, is now Lizard. And he is the worst GM in the league.

Ya kno, it doesn't surprise me one ounce that you already think this without even getting out of the off-season..

Stay classy bud. Keep the faith!!

Ya kno, it doesn't surprise me one ounce that you already think this without even getting out of the off-season..

Forget class, sell me on all the great things that have transpired this off season. 

Granted, he still has many months to make it happen, but so far are you honestly impressed?

Or are you just being "positive?"

Forget class, sell me on all the great things that have transpired this off season. 

Granted, he still has many months to make it happen, but so far are you honestly impressed?

Oy.  Can we sell you on the fact that we avoided a giant albatross of a contract on Burris; and that Hamilton and Kent Austin were a flashier sell for Collaros instead?

Way too early to be passing judgment on Walters.  The mess that Mack left the organization in... pile on all that you want.  But way too early to judge Walters.

Oy.  Can we sell you on the fact that we avoided a giant albatross of a contract on Burris; and that Hamilton and Kent Austin were a flashier sell for Collaros instead?

Way too early to be passing judgment on Walters.  The mess that Mack left the organization in... pile on all that you want.  But way too early to judge Walters.

Fair response and I appreciate you indulging my question.

Still, he could've easily over paid for Burris and just cut the guy next year. 

I am fine with Glenn, but Desjardins is going to anally pound us for him. And Lizard is going to have to take it. 

Other than Willy, who is left for free agent QB's.........

You're either going into the season with Willy/Hall/Goltz or you are getting ass-raped by someone in a trade.

I don't see the bright side or how the Bombers come out ahead (without mortgaging the future) delayed it maybe but not going to avoid it.

I am fine with Glenn, but Desjardins is going to anally pound us for him. And Lizard is going to have to take it. 

Which is a great idea if you're looking to solve one problem by creating another one. If that's how he thinks business is done, he'll quickly develop a reputation that is just as bad as the one we have now. We're trying to rebuild our image as an appealing football club to join up with. Signing guys only to cut them a year later for no reason other than money troubles is not how you establish that.

Which is a great idea if you're looking to solve one problem by creating another one. If that's how he thinks business is done, he'll quickly develop a reputation that is just as bad as the one we have now. We're trying to rebuild our image as an appealing football club to join up with. Signing guys only to cut them a year later for no reason other than money troubles is not how you establish that.

Also reeks of someone with no long term vision ... again .. not a selling feature.

I don't blame Walters at all for what's transpired over the last week or so.  But what he does need to learn is how to sell the team and the city to prospective players.   Dave Ritchie and Taman were masters at it and probably to the point of overselling it in some instances.  

I remember a story I heard from a friend of mine and this has to back a good 15 - 20 years so now that I think about it maybe it was Robson.  Anyway this young receiver from somewhere in the deep US was told that he could get real good soul food in Winnipeg.  This kid was going to be leaving home for the first time (he went to some college n Texas I believe) and he wanted to make sure he could get the same kind of food that he grew up eating.  

So he gets to Winnipeg and I think at the time the players were put up at the Viscount Gort and he went in to the restaurant and he was asking the other players where's the fried chicken and greens and all the other popular southern soul food.  So some of the veteran players had to set him straight and explain that he couldn't the authentic soul food he was promised.  Anyway it wasn't a problem as he didn't make it thru training camp but from what I heard he was really making a fuss at training camp and asking for the food he was promised.   

.... as opposed to the reputation the OTT management group has after the Glenn thing?

No one gives a shite about "reputation" -- they care about money, wins, and opportunity. 

And I seriously doubt anyone would say "they signed a rock solid personality like Henry Burris and then turfed him after just a year. That guy was all class and deserved so much better!"

Isn't his last name Wallace?

Isn't his last name Wallace?

Oh gawd, you are right. 

This is becoming harder to keep straight than my wifes birthday vs our anniversary. 

LOL, if you would honestly rather have Desjardins as your GM then inbox me your banking information, I've got this Nigerian prince that needs a bank account to transfer his $15 million of oil money to that he secretly inherited from his uncle.

To sign Burris they would have had to a least match Ottawa if not raise the offer a little.  So if the Bombers are paying 460 or more for Burris then they wouldn't be able to sign Willy as well.  That's just too much money tied into QB's. 

Especially when you have a guy like Muamba who, if his stint down south doesn't work out, will be looking for a big pay day too.

There is no way the Bombers could entice Willy to come here to be a back-up for less money.  

Now if the Bombers sign Willy, they will have more money to sign other key free agents and if Willy pans out they will potentially have him for more than one or two years.  So while Henry Burris is 6 years into his retirement Willy could be still going strong.

So to me it's a choice between signing a guy that will help your offence now and maybe next year or signing a guy, for a lot less money, that could help your offence for the next decade.

It's true that Burris is a proven commodity and Willy is not.  At the same time though you have to ask yourself why 2 teams in the last 3 years have given up on him?

I personally would have rather had Burris for the 375k that the Bombers were offering AND Willy, but obviously that is an impossibility because Ottawa wants to pay him more than he's worth.

In this case I think Walters made the smart move.

If he doesn't land Willy, then I might throw my hands in the air...

LOL, if you would honestly rather have Desjardins as your GM then inbox me your banking information, I've got this Nigerian prince that needs a bank account to transfer his $15 million of oil money to that he secretly inherited from his uncle.

Easiest million I ever made.