Collaros Released, Signs With Hamilton

Jpan85

All that praise for Kent Austin but never once thinks about the fact that Austin just dumped the qb who led the league in passing last season.... Guy doesn't really strike me as a guy who shows any loyalty to a player and if you do something he doesn't like you're gone.

Austin tried twice to extend his contract and Burris turned him down. ....

And now back to the Austin Has No Loyalty Game.

Source? Burris said he hadn't heard a peep from Austin all offseason about a contract extension.

All that praise for Kent Austin but never once thinks about the fact that Austin just dumped the qb who led the league in passing last season.... Guy doesn't really strike me as a guy who shows any loyalty to a player and if you do something he doesn't like you're gone.

Source? Burris said he hadn't heard a peep from Austin all offseason about a contract extension.

It happened last spring according to Drew Edwards. He said Burris turned them down because he wanted to wait until after the 2013 season was over. http://scratchingpost.thespec.com/2014/01/analysis-why-zach-collaros-is-now-the-ticats-qb-and-henry-burris-isnt.html?cid=6a00d83451bb7469e201a5115fba5d970c

Jacquie is just too swift for everyone this morning.

Thanks for conveniently not mentioning any salary numbers or indications of any sort.  It keeps your credibility nice and low.

Thanks for conveniently not mentioning any salary numbers or indications of any sort. It keeps your credibility nice and low.

Its not surprising, seeing as he is a ti-cat fan and he feels the need to defend any and all actions made by the hamismell team.. (and yea yea I know how contradictory this statement sounds coming from me)

Thanks for conveniently not mentioning any salary numbers or indications of any sort. It keeps your credibility nice and low.

Its not surprising, seeing as he is a ti-cat fan and he feels the need to defend any and all actions made by the hamismell team.. (and yea yea I know how contradictory this statement sounds coming from me)

Calm down. In an attempt to feel good about losing Collaros and maybe gaining Burris some are denigrating Austin and insinuating a lack of loyalty etc.

I pointed out there's more to the story as Austin tried to retain him, twice. ....Carry on.

Calm down. In an attempt to feel good about losing Collaros and maybe gaining Burris some are denigrating Austin and insinuating a lack of loyalty etc.

I pointed out there's more to the story as Austin tried to retain him, twice. ....Carry on.

tried to retain him a year ago.... it was widely talked about how Burris was falling out of favour throughout the year last. My point stands. And it's not a negative about Austin just a reality that he's a cut throat guy. Buono is the same and no one uses it as a negative with him. 

tried to retain him a year ago.... it was widely talked about how Burris was falling out of favour throughout the year last. My point stands. And it's not a negative about Austin just a reality that he's a cut throat guy. Buono is the same and no one uses it as a negative with him. 

Add Huffy to the list. He was in the same dilemma with Hank and did the same thing.

Add Huffy to the list. He was in the same dilemma with Hank and did the same thing.

yeah absolutely. So stop thinking it's a negative, it's what good coaches and GMs do. So if I were Collaros I wouldn't be acting like Austin is his buddy. He's the boss and if performance isn't up to snuff then there's no buddies there. 

yeah absolutely. So stop thinking it's a negative, it's what good coaches and GMs do. So if I were Collaros I wouldn't be acting like Austin is his buddy. He's the boss and if performance isn't up to snuff then there's no buddies there. 

Seems to have worked in BC, Calgary and Hamilton (so far).

LOL ok now I really want him to fail. He just said the stupidest thing I ever heard. That he thinks the ticats stadium is going to be better then Winnipeg's. Is he being serious??!?!!! That **** stadium is going to hold nothing to ours. I hope whoever we sign shoves that football down the ticats throat.

LOL ok now I really want him to fail. He just said the stupidest thing I ever heard. That he thinks the ticats stadium is going to be better then Winnipeg's. Is he being serious??!?!!! That **** stadium is going to hold nothing to ours. I hope whoever we sign shoves that football down the ticats throat.

Yeah, it did sound pretty funny. While I'm sure he's just saying positive things about the team that just signed him, in what realm of reality is THF better than what we have here.

I don't think he said anything of the sort, he said that Tim Hortons field is going to be awesome and that Hamilton has a great fanbase.

Nothing wrong with saying good things about the team that just signed you.

He clearly said he thinks Hamilton's stadium will be better than Winnipeg's. Did you watch both videos?

I don't think he said anything of the sort, he said that Tim Hortons field is going to be awesome and that Hamilton has a great fanbase.

Nothing wrong with saying good things about the team that just signed you.

He clearly said he thinks Hamilton's stadium will be better than Winnipeg's. Did you watch both videos?

fixed it, just finished watching the second video.

Friendship only goes so far. That would describe most if not all competent coaches , no ?

To be fair the Hamilton folks have actually been going around saying stuff like that so he's probably just going with the company lines.

I don't care. As far as I'm concerned now after what just spewed from his lips...he's defence fodder.

Logan's marching off to war. It's a Holy Crusade now!! ;)

Let's not rile him up any further .. I have to work with the guy! ;-)

To be fair the Hamilton folks have actually been going around saying stuff like that so he's probably just going with the company lines.

I don't care. As far as I'm concerned now after what just spewed from his lips...he's defence fodder.

Logan's marching off to war. It's a Holy Crusade now!! ;)

Let's not rile him up any further .. I have to work with the guy! ;-)

We have to teach him he made the wrong choice. And that the comments coming out of his hole are stupid.

The one nice thing we have right now is our stadium. YOU DON'T BASH OUR STADIUM!!! He must pay for his insolent remarks.

HAVE AT THEE!!!