Collaros Released, Signs With Hamilton

Jpan85

LOL, relax, he's just pumping tires.

As far as anyone else saying this I havnt heard or read one politican, fan, or employee say it.

If anything it has been the opposite, tons of people have complained if city and team could pull its head out of its ass we could have had a stadium like IGF instead of having to settle.

Apart from the press box thing it will still be the best in the league, you can all sleep tight with that.

As far as anyone else saying this I havnt heard or read one politican, fan, or employee say it.

If anything it has been the opposite, tons of people have complained if city and team could pull its head out of its ass we could have had a stadium like IGF instead of having to settle.

Apart from the press box thing it will still be the best in the league, you can all sleep tight with that.

A TICAT FAN!!! BOOOOOOOO! Hissss!! You can't sway us with your sweet tantalizing words and firm buttocks.

As far as anyone else saying this I havnt heard or read one politican, fan, or employee say it.

Apart from the press box thing it will still be the best in the league, you can all sleep tight with that.

A TICAT FAN!!! BOOOOOOOO! Hissss!! You can't sway us with your sweet tantalizing words and firm buttocks.

Give it time, it aint last call yet.

All that praise for Kent Austin but never once thinks about the fact that Austin just dumped the qb who led the league in passing last season.... Guy doesn't really strike me as a guy who shows any loyalty to a player and if you do something he doesn't like you're gone.

Austin tried twice to extend his contract and Burris turned him down. ....

And now back to the Austin Has No Loyalty Game.

Thanks for conveniently not mentioning any salary numbers or indications of any sort. It keeps your credibility nice and low.

Its not surprising, seeing as he is a ti-cat fan and he feels the need to defend any and all actions made by the hamismell team.. (and yea yea I know how contradictory this statement sounds coming from me)

All that praise for Kent Austin but never once thinks about the fact that Austin just dumped the qb who led the league in passing last season.... Guy doesn't really strike me as a guy who shows any loyalty to a player and if you do something he doesn't like you're gone.

Thanks for conveniently not mentioning any salary numbers or indications of any sort. It keeps your credibility nice and low.

Its not surprising, seeing as he is a ti-cat fan and he feels the need to defend any and all actions made by the hamismell team.. (and yea yea I know how contradictory this statement sounds coming from me)

Calm down. In an attempt to feel good about losing Collaros and maybe gaining Burris some are denigrating Austin and insinuating a lack of loyalty etc.

I pointed out there's more to the story as Austin tried to retain him, twice. ....Carry on.

tried to retain him a year ago.... it was widely talked about how Burris was falling out of favour throughout the year last. My point stands. And it's not a negative about Austin just a reality that he's a cut throat guy. Buono is the same and no one uses it as a negative with him. 

The expression "if looks could kill" fits Austin to a T. He gets ugly mad. Wally was just deadpan when a player screwed up and "where do you want to play next week"? if he indicates his unhappiness with Wally's team.

As far as anyone else saying this I havnt heard or read one politican, fan, or employee say it.

Apart from the press box thing it will still be the best in the league, you can all sleep tight with that.

With a $150 million budget ?

With a $150 million budget ?

I didnt say the criticisms made sense.

Bob Young was on the CJOB pregame show at one point last year tooting his own horn about the stadium in Hamilton and implied that he thought it was going to be better so don't tell me that the sentiment doesn't exist somewhere within the team. 

Bob Young was on the CJOB pregame show at one point last year tooting his own horn about the stadium in Hamilton and implied that he thought it was going to be better so don't tell me that the sentiment doesn't exist somewhere within the team. 

I'd take a stadium with more seats between the goal-lines and a functional concourse over one with thousands of seats with poor views, a concourse you can barely move through and beautiful steel arches that look great on postcards.

I'd take a stadium with more seats between the goal-lines and a functional concourse over one with thousands of seats with poor views, a concourse you can barely move through and beautiful steel arches that look great on postcards.

Yeah, I know. That stadium in Regina is gonna suck. 

I came to town for 2 home games last season. The first one in July had 32,000 vs the Argos. The other in mid September vs the Lions had 28,000. Especially vs the Argos with the higher attendance, I never felt cramped or crowded. Able to get around quite easily both times. Where there was a mass of humanity was by the Rum Hut but that was to be expected. Compared to old Canad Inns Stadium & what I'm used to here in Calgary with McMahon Stadium, a facility that is 54 years old now,  there was plenty of room at IGF Lots of complaints now about McMahon Stadium. The concourses on the lower level were built for 20,000 fans in 1960 which was the original capacity. The stadium was expanded at one point to 38,000 & still the same number of  washrooms as if the place was half the size. Long lineups for concessions & washrooms. If you need a bathroom break then want to stand in line after to get a beer & a burger, it's realistically going to take 30 minutes easy. You got it good, JBR. 

Hey, I was at that July game vs. the Argos, I must have missed you somehow.

I agree about getting around the concourse, it wasn't a problem if you're paying attention.

It's a beautiful stadium with good sight lines.

I tend to think that no matter what kind of stadium that is built for football, there is going to be some sort of deficiency, whether it be sight lines or seat width or even how far away one's seats are from the field.

It's an event. You go for a few hours, hopefully you have fun, then you go home.

IGF is a good facility to do just that.

When I go to a game at McMahon, I take a bathroom break before I get to my seat. I also buy a burger & a couple of water bottles. From that point on, I stay in my seat until the end of the game because of the crowds & lineups in the concourses & especially at halftime. It's so  bad that people leave now with 10 minutes left in the 2nd quarter to get to the bathrooms & concessions early so they can get back to see the third quarter. If you leave during halftime, forget it. The lineups are brutal. The stadium was 1988 state of the art for the Olympics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ksb9fv9wGs4

It's funny though, because when the deal was initially announced, Young basically said "we're staying here because we had no choice and little money basically" (I'm paraphrasing obviously). However it should be brought that at that point it was only half a new stadium, now he's getting a whole new stadium and basically it looks like an upgraded version of Canad Inns or Mosaic. So I guess to Hamiltonians that's enough for it to be considered better than IGF.

And now back to the Austin Has No Loyalty Game.  ;)

Burris' agent, Chris Gittings, has claimed this is inaccurate. Here's his version of events:

"We felt like they were low, so we countered. They declined our counter offers. We made it clear that we wanted to get a deal done.  At the time, we were just too far apart. We mutually agreed to table the discussion for later. Any characterization that we just wanted to go to Free Agency and not get a deal done in Hamilton is patently false. Hamilton and I talked at times throughout the season but no negotiations. Following the season, we did not get any offers from them."

From what Gittings told me, Burris played out his option last season for something less than what premier quarterbacks in this league are paid (option years often feature less base salary in order to encourage the player to sign an extension.) Gittings contends that the Ticats contract offers were in line with what he was getting paid in 2013, not what the Burris camp believed his true market value was. 

http://scratchingpost.thespec.com/2014/02/a-bit-more-on-the-henry-burris-exit.html

People don't understand how be cap works. They think every other team spends $5 million. And the bombers spend $1 million. It doesn't work that way.

Actually, people think that every other team spends $4.4 million and the bombers spend $4.1 million.