Stubler New Stamps Defensive Coordinator

iso_55

Kavis looked like a fool with his consequences speech, yet nothing followed. To me it looked like he couldn't deal with the pressure.

Nelson would be good. I think Marshall would be good and better then kavis.

Our defense has been decent for a few years in a row. And if we can magically turn our offence around and keep the d off the field we might be able to improve our record next year.

I will be more worried if we don't get collaros or Burris and we don't immediately improve our oline , blocking and run game.

It was reported that the Bombers asked permission to speak to Stubler just before it was announced BC wasn't renewing his contract but do we really know whether O'Shea actually talked to him about the job. At the press conference when they announced MB was returning O'Shea did say he had been concentrating on getting an OC hired because there were so many teams looking for one. 

It was reported that the Bombers asked permission to speak to Stubler just before it was announced BC wasn't renewing his contract but do we really know whether O'Shea actually talked to him about the job. At the press conference when they announced MB was returning O'Shea did say he had been concentrating on getting an OC hired because there were so many teams looking for one.

Walters acknowledged yesterday at his press conference that they had spoken to Stubler about the DC job.

So Tait is tweeting some Stubler quotes from the Calgary Herald. Basically sounds like Stubs and his new wife wanted to stay close to BC, so Calgary made more sense. Said it was a tough decision because he and MOS go back a long way, and he really feels like Walters/MOS have it figured out and will turn it around, but Calgary made more sense to them right now.

Calgary is a rock-solid organization (save for the QB position, which I have no doubt Huffer will figure out).

Once I heard they were in the mix I knew Stubler was heading there. 

I dunno... their QB position doesn't seem that bad

They have Bo Levi who has looked good when playing and Tate who has looked exceptional when he isn't hurt...  I would trade that for what we got in a flash.

Calgary is a rock-solid organization (save for the QB position, which I have no doubt Huffer will figure out).

Once I heard they were in the mix I knew Stubler was heading there. 

I dunno... their QB position doesn't seem that bad

They have Bo Levi who has looked good when playing and Tate who has looked exceptional when he isn't hurt...  I would trade that for what we got in a flash.

Most definitely I'd trade. Just the expansion draft was quite unkind to them.

I won't cry for them though. 

So Tait is tweeting some Stubler quotes from the Calgary Herald. Basically sounds like Stubs and his new wife wanted to stay close to BC, so Calgary made more sense. Said it was a tough decision because he and MOS go back a long way, and he really feels like Walters/MOS have it figured out and will turn it around, but Calgary made more sense to them right now.

So judging from his wanting to stay close to BC we have to assume it was the Lion's decision to part ways after all.

Sometimes we seem snake bit. It is frustrating...

Yea frustrating for sure. Our organization dug this hole though so it shouldn't be unexpected. Some people are going to be attracted by the challenge ahead and some will run away from it kicking and screaming. I thought Stubler's comments were very telling. He is a guy who obviously does not have the energy or commitment to put in the long days, weeks, or months necessary to accomplish the task our team has before them. I'm glad he didn't come here and then Rod Rust us.

I was very disappointed when he turned us down but the more I read his interviews and comments the more I think we may have dodged a bullet.

Perhaps sometimes self preservation out weighs what some might consider as an occupational challenge.

Perhaps being old and lazy means take a smaller paycheque to do less work.. Im not too downtrodden we didnt land him after l said and done.. Sure sounds like he doesnt have the heart or drive to rebuild but the desire to captain something already ready to go..