Stubler New Stamps Defensive Coordinator

iso_55

Nelson is close to Rick Campbell & is rumoured to be going there. Are the Bombers being too cautious? Not going for it?  My frustration level is rising.... Why can't we ever have good things happen to this team? Any excitement with the O'Shea hire now is just becoming a "Meh" kind of reality, it seems. Same **** different year. The perception seems to be that no matter who we plug in as coach or GM nothing changes. Mediocrity continues.

I like to imagine you as an impulse driver...

Nah, just wearing my heart on my sleeve. I think all of us had looked forward to Stubler as our DC & now he's in Calgary.... Huge letdown. 

Well you did go from the 'excitement with the O'Shea hire' to 'mediocrity continues' in the span of a few seconds once this decision came in.  Just saying...there's probably an in-between state that you could reach.  I don't think any of us are happy to lose out on Stubler.  Not sure that condemns us to the gloomy picture you apparently are envisioning.

Nelson is close to Rick Campbell & is rumoured to be going there. Are the Bombers being too cautious? Not going for it?  My frustration level is rising.... Why can't we ever have good things happen to this team? Any excitement with the O'Shea hire now is just becoming a "Meh" kind of reality, it seems. Same **** different year. The perception seems to be that no matter who we plug in as coach or GM nothing changes. Mediocrity continues.

I like to imagine you as an impulse driver...

Nah, just wearing my heart on my sleeve. I think all of us had looked forward to Stubler as our DC & now he's in Calgary.... Huge letdown. 

Well you did go from the 'excitement with the O'Shea hire' to 'mediocrity continues' in the span of a few seconds once this decision came in.  Just saying...there's probably an in-between state that you could reach.  I don't think any of us are happy to lose out on Stubler.  Not sure that condemns us to the gloomy picture you apparently are envisioning.

Yeah, I agree. Everyone is right about my comments. Reacting to the news & I was just wearing my heart on my sleeve. I realize I went over the top. My apologies. 

Stubler's D left the middle of the field wide open for Durant in the semi likely costing BC the cup in the process. Dodged a bullet as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah that was strange how Durant just started running up the middle and BC did nothing to counter it, even after Durant exploited it for big gains several times. The tide of the game changed completely after that.

A little surprised by this, honestly thought Stubler would be a lock with Osh, With Stubler in Calgary and Nelson heading to Ottawa, there goes my top 2 choices.

Miles could be plan C I suppose, Claybrooks maybe should get an interview. Kavis I'd prefer not to come back.

A little surprised by this, honestly thought Stubler would be a lock with Osh, With Stubler in Calgary and Nelson heading to Ottawa, there goes my top 2 choices.

Miles could be plan C I suppose, Claybrooks maybe should get an interview. Kavis I'd prefer not to come back.

Claybrooks has only been a positional coach for 2 seasons.  Miles at least has a little more coaching experience.

Kind of feels that we've lost momentum .. great front office hires .. got our coach .. then stalled .. (or at least that's my feeling here) ..

Sort of. Although how do we know Stubler chose Calgary over us?  Maybe we said no thanks after the interview process. Unless of course I missed a press release that says otherwise.

Kind of feels that we've lost momentum .. great front office hires .. got our coach .. then stalled .. (or at least that's my feeling here) ..

I was expecting things to move quicker.  As it is I really want to get Miles or whoever it is in place, we still have some positional spots open too that will need filling.

I'm pretty sure it was Stubler's choice, but we still don't have to like it.

I'm comparing this whole process to that of a football game, where we've had reasonable success moving the ball upfield so far, what with all the recent hirings, and now we've been stopped on second down and we have to punt or kick the field goal.

But I guess that's why we signed some kickers.