Coordinator Candidates?

Atomic

I imagine the coordinators will be hired pretty quickly so we've got to get our opinions on here quick so the Bombers can consider them.  Who do you guys think should be OC and DC?  Try and poach a current one by giving them an assistant head coach title?  Go for more young blood (a current CFL positional coach, for example)?  Bring in someone with experience who is currently unemployed?  Someone totally out of the box?

Current League OC's -

BC - None

EDM - Doug Sams

CGY - Dave Dickenson

SSK - George Cortez

TOR - Marcus Brady

HAM - Tommy Condell

MTL - None

Other interesting names - Doug Berry, Jacques Chapdelaine, Khari Jones, Jason Maas, Jason Tucker, Jarious Jackson, Mike Kelly, Mike Gibson, Rick Worman, Martel Bellefeuille.

Current League DC's -

BC - Rich Stubler

EDM - Greg Marshall

CGY - Rick Campbell

SSK - Richie Hall

TOR - None

HAM - Orlondo Steinauer

MTL - Noel Thorpe

Other interesting names - Mark Washington, Richard Kent, Barron Miles, Mark Nelson, Devone Claybrooks, Will Plemons, Jeff Reinebold, Mavis Reed.

Ok.... GO!!!

Barron Miles is a guy I'd love on the staff.  Not sure if it would have to be at DC this season, but he's a guy who will be a DC and head coach candidate in the next few years.  He also has experience in BC's personnel department.

A guy like Mike Gibson is interesting.  Could be a fit with a younger OC like Khari, as Gibson has OC experience and has worked with Khari before.  Gibson as a OL coach would be a good fit in that scenario.

I don't want Kavis Reed in Winnipeg.  I'll take Nelson over him.

OC...man...I don't know.  I'd like Cortez but I can't see him coming here since he's not getting HC job.  I think I'm with Bluto on Khari.  I'd take him as QBC though.  I think Berry would be my pick (althoughs someone here said he's going to Edmonton...not sure how valid that is).

I feel like I know more about who I DON'T want than who I DO want.

As far as defensive coordinator goes, I have NO idea. I don't want Kavis, that's for sure.

The year that Kavis Reed was our DC our defence was pretty good.  So I am curious as to why he would be a no for you?

As far as defensive coordinator goes, I have NO idea. I don't want Kavis, that's for sure.

The year that Kavis Reed was our DC our defence was pretty good.  So I am curious as to why he would be a no for you?

What were you watching in 2010? Cleo Lemon made Kavis Reed look like a fool every time he played us.

It's hard to determine who O'Shea has in mind for the OC/DC positions, but I really like the fact that he wants to move quickly to talk to the people he has in mind. (pushing up the announcement from Frid. to today for example)

Although he and Walters must have discussed some names, I'm not sure he could be pushed into taking somebody just because someone else wants him here. Hello Khari.

IMO, M.O.'s m.o. will be to operate with the staff he has confidence in. If Khari fits that bill…so be it.

I like his attitude and am very anxious to see who he rolls out as his 'chosen'.

OC : Maas

OL Coach/ asst HC : Gibson

QB Coach : Buck Pierce or Sams

WR Coach :???

RB Coach : ???

DC ; Stubler or Nelson

DL Coach : Plemons

LB Coach : ???

DB Coach : Willie Pile

STC : Dyce

What were you watching in 2010? Cleo Lemon made Kavis Reed look like a fool every time he played us.

In 2010 the Bombers were the second best team in yards allowed and had the best defence against the pass. (Again, in terms of yards allowed.) 

In terms of points per game the #1 team gave up 24 points a game where as the Bombers gave up a whopping 3 more points on average per game.  That's with a pile of crap for an offence that often did not leave the defence in great position.

When Kavis Reed was here, he did a good job.

Again, I just don't understand why he would be a definite no for someone.