Coordinator Candidates?

Atomic

I would take the chance on Khari. 

While Khari as HC was giving me nightmares, I could really see him flourishing in this role. Like to see him rise to glory with our team. 

All that said, its a young CEO, GM, HC, and OC. Lets get some grey hair doing DC already!

Would you be okay with white hair?

NO NO NO NO...the white zombie can't make a return.

I'm not sure why people seem so down on Kavis Reed and so up on Mark Nelson. Our defense gave up fewer yards per game and allowed fewer points in 2010. We had 15 more QB sacks in 2010 but the 2009 defense had a lot more interceptions. When looking at the other numbers there wasn't much of a difference. I'm not saying hire Reed, I just curious why people think Nelson is better. I know people like to put all the blame on Kelly but it was Nelson that got Barrin Simpson's knickers in a knot. I know a lot of fans didn't like the way Richard Harris was treated that year and to me that falls as much or more on Nelson than Kelly.

Not looking at the whole picture.

In 2009 we also had: 17 lost fumbles, 28 passes intercepted, 157 punts, so not including turnover on downs or MFGs we gave the ball back 202 times.

In 2010 we had: 16 lost fumbles, only 16 passes intercepted, 140 punts, which is only a total of 172.

Yet in 2010 our defense gave up 395 first downs vs 388 first downs in 2009. In 2009 they gave up an average gain per pass of only 7.1 yards, vs 2010 an average gain per pass of 7.5 yards, and they also had a lower percentage of passes completed against them. Finally in 2009 they only gave up an average of 5.2 yards per rush, where as in 2010 they gave up an average yards per rush of 5.8.

In short, the ONLY reason any of the stats are worse, like yardage or points against, is because they spent far more time on the field, despite having far more interceptions. Which is pretty amazing considering half the games got so out of hand they just got mad at the offense and threw in the towel.

I would take the chance on Khari. 

While Khari as HC was giving me nightmares, I could really see him flourishing in this role. Like to see him rise to glory with our team. 

All that said, its a young CEO, GM, HC, and OC. Lets get some grey hair doing DC already!

Would you be okay with white hair?

how bout with no hair?

mike_kelly3_medium.jpgOn his way

I wonder if Khari will relocate his family back to Winnipeg. I believe they're still living in Calgary.

I thought Chamblin ordered all his assistants to live in Regina.

Pretty sure Chamblin doesn't get to pick where his employees' family lives. ;)

I wonder if Khari will relocate his family back to Winnipeg. I believe they're still living in Calgary.

I thought Chamblin ordered all his assistants to live in Regina.

Pretty sure Chamblin doesn't get to pick where his employees' family lives. ;)

Should have put ordered in quotation marks. When he made his assistants report a month earlier I thought he pretty much said he wanted them all to live in Regina.

And to answer BFFC's question, Khari's profile says he lives in Regina.

In short, the ONLY reason any of the stats are worse, like yardage or points against, is because they spent far more time on the field, despite having far more interceptions. Which is pretty amazing considering half the games got so out of hand they just got mad at the offense and threw in the towel.

Statistically that isn't true. TOP for Bomber opponents in 2009 was 30:24 and in 2010 it was 31:14.

Statistically that isn't true. TOP for Bomber opponents in 2009 was 30:24 and in 2010 it was 31:14.

I seen that and it's accounted for by the interceptions, statistically the 2009 team had to defend many more drives.

No thanks to Marcel in ANY capacity.

Why do you say that? Not even as a position coach? I don't know that he'd be my first choice at OC, but I certainly wouldn't object to having him in a different role on the coaching staff, like receivers coach for example.

He's not a bad coach I just don't like his philosophies.

Why do you say that? Not even as a position coach? I don't know that he'd be my first choice at OC, but I certainly wouldn't object to having him in a different role on the coaching staff, like receivers coach for example.

What would that be?

What would that be?

Deciding that Jason Boltus is a quality QB, for one....

What would that be?

Deciding that Jason Boltus is a quality QB, for one....

That's a personnel decision not a philosophical one, Noeller. Althought I agree with you on the Boltus decision. Does Mike not like the offensive schemes that Bellefeuille designs, for example? Just curious.