QB Coach : Buck Pierce or Sams

WR Coach :???

RB Coach : ???

DC ; Stubler or Nelson

DL Coach : Plemons

LB Coach : ???

DB Coach : Willie Pile

STC : Dyce

I think that Dyce could also be in the mix for OC.

Wouldn't doubt it, I'd just like to see him back in some capacity.

Word is Saskatchewan Roughriders quarterbacks coach Khari Jones has already been contacted about the offensive co-ordinator position and Roughriders defensive backs coach Barron Miles will be approached about the defensive co-ordinator job.

Other names circulating as possible staff members are current Bombers offensive co-ordinator Marcel Bellefeuille and Cooper Harris, the son of Canadian Football Hall of Famer Wayne Harris and a former teammate of O’Shea’s in Toronto. Harris is currently the defensive co-ordinator at Fort Hays State University in Kansas.

via Kirk Penton

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2013/12/04/oshea-goes-straight-to-work-building-blue-bombers-coaching-staff

I feel like I know more about who I DON'T want than who I DO want.

As far as defensive coordinator goes, I have NO idea. I don't want Kavis, that's for sure.

The year that Kavis Reed was our DC our defence was pretty good.  So I am curious as to why he would be a no for you?

What were you watching in 2010? Cleo Lemon made Kavis Reed look like a fool every time he played us.

In 2010 the Bombers were the second best team in yards allowed and had the best defence against the pass. (Again, in terms of yards allowed.) 

In terms of points per game the #1 team gave up 24 points a game where as the Bombers gave up a whopping 3 more points on average per game.  That's with a pile of crap for an offence that often did not leave the defence in great position.

When Kavis Reed was here, he did a good job.

Again, I just don't understand why he would be a definite no for someone.

Personally I think Kavis Reed has been tremendously overrated throughout his career.  It's not like he's creating great defenses (or STs) where ever he goes.

Word is Saskatchewan Roughriders quarterbacks coach Khari Jones has already been contacted about the offensive co-ordinator position and Roughriders defensive backs coach Barron Miles will be approached about the defensive co-ordinator job.

Other names circulating as possible staff members are current Bombers offensive co-ordinator Marcel Bellefeuille and Cooper Harris, the son of Canadian Football Hall of Famer Wayne Harris and a former teammate of O’Shea’s in Toronto. Harris is currently the defensive co-ordinator at Fort Hays State University in Kansas.

via Kirk Penton

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2013/12/04/oshea-goes-straight-to-work-building-blue-bombers-coaching-staff

Miles is interesting.  All three are former players, which intrigues me too.  I'm sure its just coincidence (player-turned-coach are nothing new) but I wonder if he's targeting them more.

I don't know about anyone else, but I have soured a bit on Khari as OC.  With a head coach that has a defensive and special teams background, I am worried Khari isn't ready to be the top offensive mind on a football team yet.  I'm not saying it won't work out (maybe he's great, he did well in Hamilton under MB) but I want someone...stronger, if that makes sense.  Someone that's been around a little longer, not necessarily someone that has more OC time than Khari.  It's a grey criteria, I know, but its been nagging at me. 

As far as defensive coordinator goes, I have NO idea. I don't want Kavis, that's for sure.

The year that Kavis Reed was our DC our defence was pretty good.  So I am curious as to why he would be a no for you?

Reed never distinguished himself over a long period of time as both a DC or ST coordinator in Hamilton, Sask or Edmonton. Maybe he had a decent defense here in Winnipeg but he was never mentioned as one of the great CFL DC's when he was doing it. Of course, he was STC in Sask when they lost the GC with the 13 men on the field debacle. I also think Sonic hired him as HC in Edmonton so he had a guy he could pull strings on whenever he wanted....

The year that Kavis Reed was our DC our defence was pretty good. So I am curious as to why he would be a no for you?

What were you watching in 2010? Cleo Lemon made Kavis Reed look like a fool every time he played us.

In 2010 the Bombers were the second best team in yards allowed and had the best defence against the pass. (Again, in terms of yards allowed.)

In terms of points per game the #1 team gave up 24 points a game where as the Bombers gave up a whopping 3 more points on average per game. That's with a pile of crap for an offence that often did not leave the defence in great position.

When Kavis Reed was here, he did a good job.

Again, I just don't understand why he would be a definite no for someone.

Personally I think Kavis Reed has been tremendously overrated throughout his career. It's not like he's creating great defenses (or STs) where ever he goes.

agreed.. and definitely not good enough to put up with his ultimate warrior impressions that are some of his post game interviews...

Here's where I show my Bomber homer side -- if we can't get Cortez, I say Khari. 

He's a very intelligent guy and I would like to see what he can do in a tactical spot like OC. Plus I could see him being a really good mentor to a new QB. AND he would know the importance of a good Oline.  

There's also the whole Winnipeg connection blah blah that even a cynic like me can appreciate. 

Speaking of WPG connections, get Dyce to ST. He did a good job in SK and I'm sure his family still lives in WPG. 

The fact that both Khari and Dyce are both extremely likeable guys does not weigh into my decision at all. 

I didn't mind Marcel's offence in the latter stages of the season... however his use of Boltus is very troubling.

I agree we need some experience at OC, but I also feel like we need to clean out the entire coaching staff from last year and make a fresh start.  It's a tough call.  If Bellefeuille had never come here at all this year, he would probably be my #1 pick right now for OC.  As it stands, I would be very pleased to see Jacques Chapdelaine as our OC, though I doubt that will happen.  The top 5 on my wishlist right now would be:

1.  Cortez

2.  Chapdelaine

3.  Khari Jones

4.  Marcus Brady

5.  Doug Berry

At DC, I'm not sure what I want.  Barron Miles is certainly intriguing.  Rich Stubler would be my #1 choice, but can we get him out of BC?  

I'd be happy to see Mark Nelson back here.  I also wouldn't be overly opposed to Kavis Reed.  As far as Cooper Harris, can't say I'm wild about the prospect of bringing an NCAA defensive coordinator in and making him our DC right off the bat, even if he does have CFL playing experience... maybe we could get Rick Campbell out of Calgary with an assistant head coach designation?  I think that would be a fantastic move, but somehow I doubt it will happen.

Let's look at some of Hamilton's offensive rankings from 2011, when Khari was OC... not great but also not terrible:

Points Scored - 4th
TDs - 4th
Passing TDs - 5th
Rushing TDs - 2nd
Field Goals - 2nd
First Downs - 4th
Yards per Game - 6th
Fewest INTs - 6th
Fewest Sacks Allowed - 4th
Fewest Fumbles Lost - 2nd

Word is that the Bombers feel strongly indebted to Bellefuille for airlifting in during the middle of a completely helpless situation. Really a no-win for him, but he still did it, and probably got a lot more done than anyone thought possible. Now, whether that sense of gratitude translates to "we owe you a job" is unclear at this point. Not sure I want him as OC, but wouldn't mind him as some kind of assistant.

Khari as OC and Jason Maas as QBC/assistant OC would be cool...

I like the Baron Miles idea. He wasn't even on my radar(mostly because I'd completely forgotten about him) but as a player he was dominant even at an old age.... To me that shows he has a lot of knowledge about the game.

Miles would also have a quality defensive guy to bounce Idea's off of in his HC.

Talk about youngest football ops in the league if this happens LOL

Word is that the Bombers feel strongly indebted to Bellefuille for airlifting in during the middle of a completely helpless situation. Really a no-win for him, but he still did it, and probably got a lot more done than anyone thought possible. Now, whether that sense of gratitude translates to "we owe you a job" is unclear at this point. Not sure I want him as OC, but wouldn't mind him as some kind of assistant.

I wouldn't mind keeping him on as a consultant still, could use someone with his experience in a situation with a bunch of rooks anyway. As long as we get rid of Boltus and someone convinces him that Boltus is a terrible QB.

I'm not sure why people seem so down on Kavis Reed and so up on Mark Nelson. Our defense gave up fewer yards per game and allowed fewer points in 2010. We had 15 more QB sacks in 2010 but the 2009 defense had a lot more interceptions. When looking at the other numbers there wasn't much of a difference. I'm not saying hire Reed, I just curious why people think Nelson is better. I know people like to put all the blame on Kelly but it was Nelson that got Barrin Simpson's knickers in a knot. I know a lot of fans didn't like the way Richard Harris was treated that year and to me that falls as much or more on Nelson than Kelly.

I'm not sure why people seem so down on Kavis Reed and so up on Mark Nelson. Our defense gave up fewer yards per game and allowed fewer points in 2010. We had 15 more QB sacks in 2010 but the 2009 defense had a lot more interceptions. When looking at the other numbers there wasn't much of a difference. I'm not saying hire Reed, I just curious why people think Nelson is better. I know people like to put all the blame on Kelly but it was Nelson that got Barrin Simpson's knickers in a knot. I know a lot of fans didn't like the way Richard Harris was treated that year and to me that falls as much or more on Nelson than Kelly.

I found the 2009 defence to be exciting and aggressive.  But yes they did give up a lot of yards as a result of that aggressiveness.  It was just great to see how many turnovers they forced.  We talk about how bad the offence was this year, well it was far worse in 2009, but that defence kept us in it until the last game of the season.

And Kavis Reed is just not a likable person, IMO, at least not the public-facing version of him.  That said, I wouldn't mind having him back as DC because I agree that he did a decent job here and he also has lots of coaching experience for O'Shea to lean on.