Burke/Creehan to Argos...Craig Dickenson to Eskimos?

gbill2004

Give me O'Shea at HC, Khari at OC, Stubler at DC and Maas for the QBs and I would be so stoked.

Very small odds of that happening.

Is Stubler actually available? Why would he be leaving BC?

yeah exactly - where is all of this Stubler stuff coming from?  Why would he ever leave BC to move to Winnipeg?

Say the Bombers offered a DC/Ass Head Coach will he consider? It's not secret that Stubler is close to his former students/player and O'shea is one of them.

Good moves IMO, Burke couldn't stay here, I feel as though his time has come and gone here in Winnipeg. Creehan leaving makes me happy, and maybe him going back to a position coach role is better suited for Casey.

I'm indifferent about losing Craig D, our special teams really didn't look good at all, so no major loss.

If O'shea does end up being hired, I for one hope he brings Maas here in some capacity, always been a fan of his and felt that being an OC was a role made for him, although I suppose Khari would be the OC here for a while.

Would going from receivers coach (Maas' current role for the Argos) to QB coach here, be considered a lateral move or a promotion ?

Creehan keeps getting jobs because he is a great positional coach. He was obviously not ready for a coordinator position but has the perfect mentality and personality to be a great LB coach. 

I would prefer to see O'Shea as the HC with Khari as our OC. I love Khari but I think O'Shea seems to have better leadership skills that the WBB need. To have Stubler come as well would be amazing but I think a long shot, then again stranger things have happened!

Is Stubler actually available? Why would he be leaving BC?

yeah exactly - where is all of this Stubler stuff coming from?  Why would he ever leave BC to move to Winnipeg?

There was a lot of reports and rumblings coming out of the Vancouver media that Buono was really po'd after the semi finals and changes will be made. Chapdelaine's name actually came up more often then Stubler's, but reportedly a lot of the defensive players weren't happy with Stubler this year, particularly towards the end.

Kirk Penton ‏@PentonKirk 1m

Word around #CFL getting louder that Mike O'Shea will be #Bombers head coach and Khari Jones offensive co-ordinator.

So how is it that an HC and an OC are being hired at the exact same time? Doesn't O'Shea get to hire his coaches?

I wasn't there, but my assumption is talk of coordinators came up in the interview process.

Word around #CFL getting louder that Mike O'Shea will be #Bombers head coach and Khari Jones offensive co-ordinator.

So how is it that an HC and an OC are being hired at the exact same time? Doesn't O'Shea get to hire his coaches?

I wasn't there, but my assumption is talk of coordinators came up in the interview process.

You'd think people would be thrilled that two guys with NO connection to eachother are going to be working on staff together, but somehow even THAT is ruled as fishy.

You'd think people would be thrilled that two guys with NO connection to eachother are going to be working on staff together, but somehow even THAT is ruled as fishy.

As I said in the GM thread, but it is certainly applicable here - Unless the team were to get Buono, Marv Levy or Pat Bowlan, or more accurately in this case Dave Dickenson (even though he doesn't want to leave Calgary) Tom Clements or Mike Riley, people will ***** for the sake of bitching. 

Another exhaustive search has taken place I guess.

Is Mike O'Shea now considered one of the old boys club?

He'll be complaining that precious time is being wasted if a HC isn't hired soon, and how all the good candidates are already poached. I thought this board was supposed to have an ignore feature

I didn't say it was fishy.  It's just not what we're used to with how coaches are hired and then the assistants are brought in later.

I'm a fan of O'Shea for HC, I believe he has the right leadership qualities to succeed at the position if he's surrounded with a competent staff.

If we DO hire O'Shea, our HC and GM will have been a ST coach within the last year. Maybe we can find some more special teams coaches to fill out the coaching staff. :P

I'm a fan of O'Shea for HC, I believe he has the right leadership qualities to succeed at the position if he's surrounded with a competent staff.

If we DO hire O'Shea, our HC and GM will have been a ST coach within the last year. Maybe we can find some more special teams coaches to fill out the coaching staff. :P

We'd still manage to somehow have the worst ST in the league.

Reinebold for DC?

Reinebold for DC?

Bob Dyce for OC...