Burke/Creehan to Argos...Craig Dickenson to Eskimos?

gbill2004

I'm a fan of O'Shea for HC, I believe he has the right leadership qualities to succeed at the position if he's surrounded with a competent staff.

If we DO hire O'Shea, our HC and GM will have been a ST coach within the last year. Maybe we can find some more special teams coaches to fill out the coaching staff. :P

Reinebold for DC?

Actually I'd be for bringing him back as the Special Teams Coach if we lose Dickenson.

If they can lift Burke's contract off their books then that would be the best thing for the Bombers. If the new HC wants Burke, I guess they can pay him what he was supposed to be paid as a HC & refuse other teams like the Argos from talking to him which is an unlikely scenario.

I wouldn't mind Burke as our DC but it would be strange. Also, if Burke goes to TO does that mean the team is off the hook for his HC salary? Can someone clarify that?

Presumably, as he's under contract with the BB, they would have to reach a buy-out agreement. 

If they can lift Burke's contract off their books then that would be the best thing for the Bombers. If the new HC wants Burke, I guess they can pay him what he was supposed to be paid as a HC & refuse other teams like the Argos from talking to him which is an unlikely scenario.

I believe what happens is it is either a buyout like BriceDream suggests, or they pay Burke his partial salary over and above what the other team would pay him to bring him back to the salary he signed for.

Either way, if he works again, the Bombers won't be on the hook for his full salary.

I'd be ok with Nelson as dc

Nelson could be a good option and it would be a promotion so I suppose we could get him.

Stubler has now worn out his welcome on his last 3 teams. He's well past his best before date. No thank you.

Kavis went through 3 DC's in 3 years in Edmonton, so I don't think Stubler wore out his welcome there, Kavis being a control freak had more to do with that.

Toronto him being the DC wasn't an issue, it was when he took over as the Head Coach things got bad.

Who knows with BC, but it looks as though he has worn out his welcome.

Really hoping the Argos nab Burke and Creehan.  Not that they're bad coaches, but they've risen to their level of incompetence.  

In a season that we could make a complete coaching change and try to use it as a springboard for the franchise... why not get rid of them both?  I'd rather push reset fully, than keep either around to save a buck.  Regardless of their abilities in lesser roles. 

Really hoping the Argos nab Burke and Creehan.  Not that they're bad coaches, but they've risen to their level of incompetence.  

In a season that we could make a complete coaching change and try to use it as a springboard for the franchise... why not get rid of them both?  I'd rather push reset fully, than keep either around to save a buck.  Regardless of their abilities in lesser roles. 

that may happen anytime soon

Is/was Nelson that good a DC? 

The biggest knock I have on Burke (as a DC) is that he seemingly has Casey Kryptonite attached to his hip. 

Did you happen to notice how much better the linebackers looked this year compared to last? I don't think that is a coincidence at all. As a positional coach Creehan is good, as a defensive coordinator not so much but let's not use that to say he's not good at coaching a position. 

Silly post.

To say Burke and Creehan have risen to incompetence as HC and DC so they should not be DC and Positional Coach makes little sense.  In those roles, both are proven commondities.

If I recall Nelson's D were ball hawks and aggresive.  But I could be mis-remembering.

The biggest knock I have on Burke (as a DC) is that he seemingly has Casey Kryptonite attached to his hip. 

Did you happen to notice how much better the linebackers looked this year compared to last? I don't think that is a coincidence at all. As a positional coach Creehan is good, as a defensive coordinator not so much but let's not use that to say he's not good at coaching a position. 

Who had the secondary this year? I've mentally blocked this year after about August to be honest; just recall our back end was highly underwhelming. Was that Creehan's mastery?

Who had the secondary this year? I've mentally blocked this year after about August to be honest; just recall our back end was highly underwhelming. Was that Creehan's mastery?

Carl Franks was DB coach. I dunno if he was any good or not but I am thinking that when it comes to being a coordinator Creehan is a bit lost when it comes to the back end just based on the iffy coverage here and the terrible coverage in hamilton with him there. Probably why he and burke work well together. Burke knows the secondary and Creehan can handle the front 7. 

Silly post.

To say Burke and Creehan have risen to incompetence as HC and DC so they should not be DC and Positional Coach makes little sense.  In those roles, both are proven commondities.

If I recall Nelson's D were ball hawks and aggresive.  But I could be mis-remembering.

Didn't say they should not be DC and LB Coaches.  Said that they rose above those roles with the WBB in 2013, and were incompetent as HC and DC.  They could very well be proficient in DC and LB Coach roles... but this is a franchise that could benefit from a full reset, and new coaching staff.  Advocating for that.

If i had a say, I would want a new DC as chosen by O'Shea, a guy, I would think, who knows defence.

Our guy Creehan could only handle putting together a few good game plans on D, but seemed to be overwhelmed in other games. Now some of that is on talent but some decisions, i.e. not blitzing rookie QBs remain odd. Man to man, zone game decisions were also bad.

Percentage master R Ray circled dates against us.

Again, some decisions were based on roster decisions, and that falls back on Burke.

Don't even mention in-game adjustments.