"True Colours" article in the Sun

So Edwards and Johnson say the problem is too many rookies. They say the coaches has them prepared with the gameplay flawlessly but love bullets hindered the kids. And some people still try to stretch that as Burke's fault. So Burke has the team flawlessly prepared according to two veterans but it's his fault when certain rookies lose their heads in real games?

If you do a crappy job at work but loved your job would you quit? Is Burke killing this team? Absolutely not. That's ludicrous. He's doing the best he can. He's not malicious. If anyone can't stand him being here don't blame Burke, blame his boss.

If week after week you prepare flawlessly and then fail to execute then newsflash you are not preparing flawlessly.

Then criticize Edwards and Johnson for lying.

So Edwards and Johnson say the problem is too many rookies. They say the coaches has them prepared with the gameplay flawlessly but love bullets hindered the kids. And some people still try to stretch that as Burke's fault. So Burke has the team flawlessly prepared according to two veterans but it's his fault when certain rookies lose their heads in real games?

If you do a crappy job at work but loved your job would you quit? Is Burke killing this team? Absolutely not. That's ludicrous. He's doing the best he can. He's not malicious. If anyone can't stand him being here don't blame Burke, blame his boss.

Why do you always stick up for Burke the way you do? You criticize people who stick up for Mack. Yet there you are defending a guy who clearly is not head coaching material, can't motivate his players, doesn't know how to deal with media & blames everyone else for the team's record but himself. As far as Mack goes, he hired Burke. So, to me & a lot of others both were/are incompetent.

I'm not sure I criticize people who stick up for Mack. I've been pretty even on Mack I think. I thought he would do well but it became clear his vision and method was not working.

In that same sense the coach has to wear the record of his team. So I'm not going to complain when Burke gets fired. But he's not the boogeyman. Too many people get personal with their attacks. Most of the people ripping him would never say it to his face. They'd probably ask him for an autograph and say "keep up the good work coach".

Why do you always stick up for Burke the way you do? You criticize people who stick up for Mack. Yet there you are defending a guy who clearly is not head coaching material, can't motivate his players, doesn't know how to deal with media & blames everyone else for the team's record but himself. As far as Mack goes, he hired Burke. So, to me & a lot of others both were/are incompetent.

I'm not sure I criticize people who stick up for Mack. I've been pretty even on Mack I think. I thought he would do well but it became clear his vision and method was not working.

In that same sense the coach has to wear the record of his team. So I'm not going to complain when Burke gets fired. But he's not the boogeyman. Too many people get personal with their attacks. Most of the people ripping him would never say it to his face. They'd probably ask him for an autograph and say "keep up the good work coach".

He's the architect of the team on the field every week. Burke is responsible for the team being prepared & how they play. He's 3-14 & will probably end the season  3-15 so he has to go.

Does Hamilton have smarter rookies than Wiinipeg?

This is what I'm wondering, actually Hamilton's D is younger that last seasons and yet they're playing better, hmmmm........................................

Listening to Edwards and Johnson on Jim Toth radio show this week. They said that the majority of the problems is having so many rookies in the line up. During the week they would excute the game plan flawlessly but when the bullets would fly for real its like they forgot everything and made mistakes which led to a lot of big plays. It also led to the vets trying to do too much because they did not trust the guys they had beside them. Hearing this I think there is talent there it just needs to augmented with some veteran free agents this offseason. If its a complete blow up next year is not going being much better than this year.  

I find this excuse hard to swallow. The bombers actually have a lot of vets in the secondary, who have played together for quite a few years now. The only rookie I can think of that got any significant playing time was Markett, and he usually was not starting. Cauchy has been in the league for 4 years. The newest personnel on defense among the DBs/LBs are Washington, Dunn and Wild, and I think they were actually among the better performers in this group. I'm not familiar enough with the secondaries of the other 7 teams to be certain, but find it hard to believe that the Bomber are particular laden with rookies by CFL standards.

Yeah the defense is actually pretty veteran, especially the secondary which is the biggest trouble spot on that unit. Hell a lot of time the rookies are the guys playing the best which is to me further proof to what a lot of people have been saying this year, that the coaching staff on this team actually makes players worse the longer they are exposed to them. I just can't buy the rookie excuse because there are enough players around here who have been in the league for a few years that it shouldn't be an excuse. This team is struggling in a lot of cases because people who should be better aren't playing up to the level they should be. That includes on Simpson for most of the year, Edwards, Demark until a couple weeks ago, Matthews before he got hurt. Watson, Honestly how many raw rookies did this team start throughout the year? The whole thing sounds like an excuse by veterans for their own lacklustre play. 

I, myself, find it easier to believe that errors occurred when in-game changes had to be made, either through injuries or ratio concerns.

Then, I can see where 'rookies' making incorrect reads led to veterans trying to over-compensate.

The amount of players having to play in different positions always leads to some sort of confusion and, for us, always seemed to lead to the big play.

We saw evidence of this numerous times through-out the season.

I'm reminded of this recently when Burke said they prepared for a particular play but because of injury, the next guy in did not know his role in stopping that conversion.

How much of this falls on improper coaching is where we have to draw our own conclusions.

Mike Kelly was a complete lunatic who tried to make old outdated ideas work in the modern CFL but the one thing he did damned well was protect his players from any scrutiny and they responded for him and got more wins than they had any right to because of it. This year we see the team just rolling over and then the coach giving them a couple shots afterwards just so they stay down.

Wow, there's a good measure of how messed up this season has been; we've been so bad this year that by the end of the season 17to85 had a kind word for Mike Kelly.

Mike Kelly was a complete lunatic who tried to make old outdated ideas work in the modern CFL but the one thing he did damned well was protect his players from any scrutiny and they responded for him and got more wins than they had any right to because of it. This year we see the team just rolling over and then the coach giving them a couple shots afterwards just so they stay down.

Wow, there's a good measure of how messed up this season has been; we've been so bad this year that by the end of the season 17to85 had a kind word for Mike Kelly.

Tim Burke is so bad as a head coach it makes me wish we still had Mike Kelly.... it's a damned terrifying thought. 

The thing is there are a lot of people on this board with so much credibility capital wrapped up in Joe Mack that they can't admit what a dog of a roster this is. So whatever shortcomings Burke may have need to be blown 10x out of proportion in order to blame him rather then the lack of talent on this team for the disaster this year has become.

So true. That's the feeling i get as well.

Lol yes because this defense didn't carry us to a grey cup.... Because Buck Pierce showed more in one game with bc then he did with us in a year...

Who decided on dumping Elliott again (Burke Burke Burke)

The talent is there to be competitive.... Taking a knee instead of winning clearly is an indicator of bad coaching

Tim Burke is so bad as a head coach it makes me wish we still had Mike Kelly.... it's a damned terrifying thought.

Kelly at least looked like he gave a damn and was at least trying to win.

I don't know about protecting players.... He did totally throw lefors under the bus

Who did he bench today that normally plays? Cvetkovic? Etienne? Poblah? Kowalczuk? Mainor?

Cvet hasn't played much since he was injured and no way does he have a bad attitude. Etienne, Poblah and Kowalczuk haven't played for a while either so not playing them isn't unusual. Mainor is injured.