"True Colours" article in the Sun

burke wants to sit players who don't put in the effort that's fine, but there's no need to drive the bus over them... but then again the only thing burke seems able to do as a coach is toss players under the bus. He has to go cause you can't have a coach that willing to absolutely bury players. 

Just another fact for the file... Burke does not have the media savvy nor people skills for the job.  If you've been around life, let alone the game, as long as Burke has... you know that you can't expect people to go through a wall for you, if you're unwilling to go for them.

To sum up Burke ...

-- he's got a big mouth

-- he's not a coach who wants to work WITH players, he wants them to work FOR him

-- no problem throwing any/everyone under the bus

-- lack of in-game strategic ability

-- lack of roster management ability

-- incapable of handling the media properly

-- has a doghouse bigger than the new stadium

-- puts his own personal vendettas ahead of the team culture

see ya later Burke.

What some folks fail to realize is....that at this point....firing Burke is no longer an option.

It is a prerequisite.

That is....if you actually want to create some sort of "new attitude", round these parts

...and are simply tired of this guy's excuses, his playing "not to lose", the lack of leadership and purpose, the failure to take any responsibility whatsoever, the inadequate preparation for games, the unsound on-field decisions, and finally......his standing around along the sidelines, looking like Huckleberry Hound, after Clementine dumped him yet again.......  

I know that I am.  

Never mind Monday......Burke should be fired, even before the sound of Saturday's final gun, fades into the night.   

What some folks fail to realize is....that at this point....firing Burke is no longer an option.

It is a prerequisite.

That is....if you actually want to create some sort of "new attitude", round these parts

...and are simply tired of this guy's excuses, his playing "not to lose", the lack of leadership and purpose, the failure to take any responsibility whatsoever, the inadequate preparation for games, the unsound on-field decisions, and finally......his standing around along the sidelines, looking like Huckleberry Hound, after Clementine dumped him yet again.......  

I know that I am.  

Never mind Monday......Burke should be fired, even before the sound of Saturday's final gun, fades into the night.   

droopy.gif

So who is on the True Colours list ?

also curious

just go look at the people who were already in Burkes doghouse. Guy is not shy about holding his grudges. 

Because my memory is foggy...

I assume it contains

Goltz

Morley

Etienne

Sorenson

Poblah

Jovon

Wild

???  I actually don't know who he really hates since he blames literally everyone on the team aside from himself

I think Etienne is on the list because he's disappeared from the field in place of Drops Foster. 

That's just Burke being Burke

And Burke is being Burke….again.

Seems that, according to Burke, Etienne has "plateaued" 

Etienne says Kohlert is playing well and is ahead of him but that nagging injuries have held him back.

And Burke...

“I would say he’s plateaued more than he’s been injured,” Burke said. “… He got off to such a good start, but he hasn’t really progressed past that point and the other guys have kind of gone ahead of him.”

And lately, Poblah has been getting more reps than Etienne.

​Nope…no doghouse there.

Is Etienne on the downside?

Not according to Bellefeuille….

“Perception is reality, but it’s not always truth,” offensive co-ordinator Marcel Bellefeuille said. “In this case I don’t think it’s truth. He still has an opportunity to be a player in this league, and he has all the same skill sets he’s had.

“He had bad luck with health and got behind the starters, and those guys have stayed healthy for the most part.”

Etienne's a FA in Feb. but according to him…he wants to stay in Blue and Gold.

He may not, with the new regime, but at least with Burke gone, he has a chance.

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2013/10/31/the-shine-is-gone-from-jade-etienne-season-after-promising-start-with-bombers

meh, guys probably just tired of dealing with a bunch of asshat football "pros" who simply cannot conduct themselves as such.

Well that'd be awfully ironic
lol touche.. but burkes only been a hc for how long? mistakes are to be expected unfortunately..

Burke's been a head coach for longer than the majority of our roster have been pro football players.

i dunno, guys who go thru big colleges are trained to be "pros" living by certain restrictions and acting a certain way.. you pull the same stuff as a pro in college, you get the boot..

i get you despise burke and his HC ability thus far but you gotta admit, he is (was?) not in the best position for success.. he would have to been an outstanding head coach to have any.success with the bullshit that has gone on here in the the last 2 seasons..

i get you despise burke and his HC ability thus far but you gotta admit, he is (was?) not in the best position for success.. he would have to been an outstanding head coach to have any.success with the bullshit that has gone on here in the the last 2 seasons..

A mediocre HC would have had more success with this team than Burke has and certainly a big portion of the BS over the past year and a half has to do with his being a crappy HC. 

meh, guys probably just tired of dealing with a bunch of asshat football "pros" who simply cannot conduct themselves as such.

Well that'd be awfully ironic
lol touche.. but burkes only been a hc for how long? mistakes are to be expected unfortunately..

Burke's been a head coach for longer than the majority of our roster have been pro football players.

i dunno, guys who go thru big colleges are trained to be "pros" living by certain restrictions and acting a certain way.. you pull the same stuff as a pro in college, you get the boot..

rarely.

As for Burke, he has himself to blame for a strong majority of this team's issues.

The thing is there are a lot of people on this board with so much credibility capital wrapped up in Joe Mack that they can't admit what a dog of a roster this is.  So whatever shortcomings Burke may have need to be blown 10x out of proportion in order to blame him rather then the lack of talent on this team for the disaster this year has become.  

Here's Burke effectively throwing every player we don't retain this offseason under the bus

Meanwhile, Burke declined to specify which players he was referring to earlier in the week, when he spoke of Bombers who had seemed to check out of the season already this week. There was a "handful" of players that had shown their "true colours" in practice already by Tuesday, Burke said, and as a result they would likely not play against the Ticats.

Who that is, though, or if it includes any players currently listed as injured, Burke would not say. "I would say you’ll see in the offseason," he said. "They won’t be here."

So what he's saying is that he's not going to name names and now people are just free to assume that anyone who doesn't return could be because of poor work ethic.

I think thats a stretch. Any coach could evaluate his team and say "we wanted to be better in some areas and will look to upgrade in the off season". Which players? "You will see in the off season"

Burke just doesn't coat his words in double talk and subtleties. I'm not carte Blanche defending him but that comment is reaching.