Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Labor Day Classic GDT

  • Replies 842
  • Views 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • WinnipegGordo
    WinnipegGordo

    Vaval should be good to go for the 2nd half as per DT.

  • That was the absolute worst ******* two downs Condell has called all year Collaros gets rocked, you know he’s gonna be a bit slow and we just give him a ******* insanely long-to-develop play call two

  • Super Duper Negatron
    Super Duper Negatron

    I feel personally attacked

Featured Replies

I’ll take a rainy game with lots of Brady, but if there’s any delays due to lightning, I’m gonna lose it.

Hopefully it holds off until after the game…. The stormy stuff at least.

So who we gonna get today....the team that played the Als and made them look silly orrrrrrr the club that looked like a pathetic bunch of disorganization against the Leos of a few games ago....We just don't know???Hopefully it's the guys who looked like world beaters last game and we continue with the same....I only hope we don't do a Jekyll and Hyde routine and revert back to the team that can look like .....welllll crap....GOBOMBERS

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

I’ll take a rainy game with lots of Brady, but if there’s any delays due to lightning, I’m gonna lose it.

Maybe you never had it in the first place?

Trying to figure out the best bar to watch the game at in Winnipeg. Tapps? Brewhouse? Disappointing not seeing any social posts by bars about a watch party.

1 hour ago, Nolby said:

Mother Nature is looking like a real Karen today, hopefully the game plays on today, may be looking at a triple header tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, francoBLUE said:

Trying to figure out the best bar to watch the game at in Winnipeg. Tapps? Brewhouse? Disappointing not seeing any social posts by bars about a watch party.

Official watch party:

1 hour ago, Stickem said:

So who we gonna get today....the team that played the Als and made them look silly orrrrrrr the club that looked like a pathetic bunch of disorganization against the Leos of a few games ago....We just don't know???Hopefully it's the guys who looked like world beaters last game and we continue with the same....I only hope we don't do a Jekyll and Hyde routine and revert back to the team that can look like .....welllll crap....GOBOMBERS

We don't do well on Labour Day. This is the 61st meeting of the two teams since 1950 in Regina. The Riders hold a 39-21 lead in the series. We couldn't win when we had Murphy, Reaves, Poplawski, Brock, Bennett, Ploen, Jacobs, Walby, Mikawos, Lewis, Nielsen, Harris, Jones, Adams, Bighill, MacIver, Clements, West & dominated the West over the years while the Riders were cellar dwellers. Chances are we'll bomb.

Just now, SpeedFlex27 said:

We don't do well on Labour Day. This is the 61st meeting of the two teams since 1950 in Regina. The Riders hold a 39-21 lead in the series. We couldn't win when we had Murphy, Reaves, Poplawski, Brock, Bennett, Ploen, Jacobs, Walby, Mikawos, Lewis, Nielsen, Harris, Jones, Adams, Bighill, MacIver, Clements, West & dominated the West over the years while the Riders were cellar dwellers. Chances are we'll bomb.

what a ray of sunshine you are... I choose to believe that we've had a lot of success against the green assholes with Collaros over the years, let's go with that trend.

Just now, 17to85 said:

what a ray of sunshine you are... I choose to believe that we've had a lot of success against the green assholes with Collaros over the years, let's go with that trend.

I have no idea why we do so badly in Regina but it is what it is. We generally kick the Riders ass the following week. Doesn't look like much sunshine today with the weather. Lol. Take heart, 17to85... Hope springs eternal. That's why we play the game.

Sounds like it will be one of those nasty weather games tonight, luv it! If our lines dominate like last week this could be a great game for the blue

30 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I have no idea why we do so badly in Regina but it is what it is. We generally kick the Riders ass the following week. Doesn't look like much sunshine today with the weather. Lol. Take heart, 17to85... Hope springs eternal. That's why we play the game.

who-created-be-an-optimist-prime-not-a-n

1 hour ago, francoBLUE said:

Trying to figure out the best bar to watch the game at in Winnipeg. Tapps? Brewhouse? Disappointing not seeing any social posts by bars about a watch party.

Check out the Nob at the St. Norbert hotel. I have no idea if they are having a watch party, I just like their name.

56 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

who-created-be-an-optimist-prime-not-a-n

Ummmmm....the voice of Optimist Prime died last week.

Not looking good for football today....feel for the people who bought tickets and have to sit in this Regina hurricane....

Also:

Anyone know what a "Regina-style" pizza is? I assume it's some kind of paste that tastes like pizza made for people with very few to no teeth...

10 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Not looking good for football today....feel for the people who bought tickets and have to sit in this Regina hurricane....

Also:

Anyone know what a "Regina-style" pizza is? I assume it's some kind of paste that tastes like pizza made for people with very few to no teeth...

it’s like across between deep dish and detroit with several inches of sandwich meat in the middle.

Definitely one of the worst versions of pizza

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

it’s like across between deep dish and detroit with several inches of sandwich meat in the middle.

Definitely one of the worst versions of pizza

And you need to kiss your sister after every slice

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

it’s like across between deep dish and detroit with several inches of sandwich meat in the middle.

Definitely one of the worst versions of pizza

Yes please!, says me if I was still a 23 year old “herbologist”

Getting close to show time! Not sure what to expect, but rain ought to help us as we have Oliviera, and they don't. Would love to rub Andrew Harris' nose in it.

39 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

I feel personally attacked

Nothing a couple of Cuba Libres won't assuage.

Edited by Ckr

We had a Vern's Pizza in Kelowna for a few years, back around the year 2000. They said it was "Saskatchewan style" pizza - it was extremely piled high with meat. I enjoyed it but I wasn't quite sure how they made any money as they would have to charge a lot more than other pizza places, given their costs were so much higher. Anyway, they didn't last very long, but I was an avid customer for the 10 times a year I order pizza.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

Just now, Ckr said:

Getting close to show time! Not sure what to expect, but rain ought to help us as we have Oliviera, and they don't. Would love to rub Andrew Harris' nose in it.

27 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Not looking good for football today....feel for the people who bought tickets and have to sit in this Regina hurricane....

Also:

Anyone know what a "Regina-style" pizza is? I assume it's some kind of paste that tastes like pizza made for people with very few to no teeth...

Rider Fans In Full Regalia:

The post features an artistic reconstruction of a Neanderthal man, with a caption humorously comparing the prehistoric figure to the author's Portuguese neighbor. The joke relies on the stereotype or trope of portraying certain nationalities or individuals as 'primitive' or 'caveman-like' for comedic effect. It is a lighthearted, observational type of humor common in online communities, though it uses a generalization about a specific nationality.

32 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Not looking good for football today....feel for the people who bought tickets and have to sit in this Regina hurricane....

Also:

Anyone know what a "Regina-style" pizza is? I assume it's some kind of paste that tastes like pizza made for people with very few to no teeth...

The same pizza every Greek owned restaurant in North America makes.

17 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

We had a Vern's Pizza in Kelowna for a few years, back around the year 2000. They said it was "Saskatchewan style" pizza - it was extremely piled high with meat. I enjoyed it but I wasn't quite sure how they made any money as they would have to charge a lot more than other pizza places, given their costs were so much higher. Anyway, they didn't last very long, but I was an avid customer for the 10 times a year I order pizza.

They have Vern's in Winnipeg now

1 hour ago, Ckr said:

Ummmmm....the voice of Optimist Prime died last week.

I am triggered now. My lawyer will be bringing a suit against you for emotional damages. He's pictured below:

outrageous-jackiechiles.gif

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.