Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Labor Day Classic GDT

  • Replies 842
  • Views 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • WinnipegGordo
    WinnipegGordo

    Vaval should be good to go for the 2nd half as per DT.

  • That was the absolute worst ******* two downs Condell has called all year Collaros gets rocked, you know he’s gonna be a bit slow and we just give him a ******* insanely long-to-develop play call two

  • Super Duper Negatron
    Super Duper Negatron

    I feel personally attacked

Featured Replies

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

You're nuts. C'mon, man. Like, really?

Yes. Sask just blitzed all day and for the most part the Bombers O had very little answer until they hit Zach late.

You feel he's good against pressure? I can literally see 7 guys coming from a shitty sideline angle on TSN 3 seconds before the snap and Collaros is trying to work through reads once he's gets the ball as he gets snowed under again and again.

Among CFL HOF level QB's I've watched in my life, Collaros is absolutely one of the worst at dealing with pressure consistently....like even in his MOP years, but getting worse as he can't move as quickly.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

51 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Yes. Sask just blitzed all day and for the most part the Bombers O had very little answer until they hit Zach late.

You feel he's good against pressure? I can literally see 7 guys coming from a shitty sideline angle on TSN 3 seconds before the snap and Collaros is trying to work through reads once he's gets the ball as he gets snowed under again and again.

Among CFL HOF level QB's I've watched in my life, Collaros is absolutely one of the worst at dealing with pressure consistently....like even in his MOP years, but getting worse as he can't move as quickly.

Zach's slowed down definitely. All the reason for walters & Osh to do everything they can to keep him upright but that isn't the way our team makes decisions. Pay Zach $550.000 to count the number of planes overhead while he's on his back. How many players has Osh broken with his lousy coaching & decision making? Bighill, Schoen, Willy & now Collaros. Osh only improved the OL after Drew Willy was traded to the Argos & had the yips so bad he had to be put in a padded cell. Dalton Schoen played two games on a torn ACL. Bighill couldn't even run in the 2023 Grey Cup & he couldn't cover or tackle. Finally Collaros. That OL was so putrid in regina. Why pay a qb so much money when the OL can't protect him? Now, with an aging qb Osh has allowed the OL to deteriorate to the point we're back to 2014 for protecting our qbs. It's not all on Zach but then you won't change your mind. To me, your comments about Zach being the worst dealing with pressure are are irrelevant. Osh is the worst HC in the CFL just simply dealing with reality.

JBR's point is that collaros himself is to blame for getting buried like he does. I mean look at the bombers when they blitz. Qbs just hit the open spot and no problem. you ever see Collaros do that? used to be he'd run around and make people miss and make a play out of nothing. well he can't do that anymore and he can't work the quick game so you want to derail the bombers? send pressure and chances are you're in a great situation.

We need to adjust to that.

20 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

JBR's point is that collaros himself is to blame for getting buried like he does. I mean look at the bombers when they blitz. Qbs just hit the open spot and no problem. you ever see Collaros do that? used to be he'd run around and make people miss and make a play out of nothing. well he can't do that anymore and he can't work the quick game so you want to derail the bombers? send pressure and chances are you're in a great situation.

We need to adjust to that.

I fail to believe a qb who has played in the CFL as a starter since something like 2014 can't recognize or read a blitz. There's other things at play here. Like an offense that maybe doesn't have quick release valves or do well under pressure. We've all seen Tommy Condell's offenses implode over the years whether it's Hamilton, Ottawa or here. No matter whose at qb. i think you have to look at the OC & spread the blame around as well.

Honestly I think it is both but this is not a new thing for collaros either.

9 hours ago, 17to85 said:

JBR's point is that collaros himself is to blame for getting buried like he does. I mean look at the bombers when they blitz. Qbs just hit the open spot and no problem. you ever see Collaros do that? used to be he'd run around and make people miss and make a play out of nothing. well he can't do that anymore and he can't work the quick game so you want to derail the bombers? send pressure and chances are you're in a great situation.

We need to adjust to that.

he also panicks now...Cause it's in his head that he is limited...which doesnt hep

He also isn't 100 percent in tune to whats going on I think and reading and reacting to things like before, as he looks to be in self-preservation more now...and will force or rush something out where he shouldnt

18 hours ago, Booch said:

GOOD coaching can bring out talent too tho....or recognize lack of talent and replace them with a better option...Rarely happens here save for an injury

You just commented on Brown not playing cause he is not better...your opinion

You also said that we were not playing an import receiver because the guys on the PR are not any better than what we had on the field...again your opinion

But Singer gets on...and low and behold looks worlds better and can be impactful more than Cobb and Neild, and actually garnered attention. I believe was most targeted too so obviously the QB likes what he brings too...When has Cobb or Neild led in targets

You said Smith isnt getting starting reps or the chance to start cause he is a 2nd yr guy and not ready...and the other 2 old farts are better...Smith since being a regular has been our best LB

Same with Griffin..I beat that drum for 2 yrs he should be sam...but you profess Kramdi was the best cause of Osh's comments...and he so smart...doesn't equate to being the best tho..and low and behold until he went down Griffin was our best and most consistent defender....speaking of him he told me yesterday he should be back "soon" so not sure if thats a game or 2...or what but he confident in it which would help big time

Who knows what other guy if put in would shine...Be it a rookie..2nd yr guy...more tenured guy...Elsbury for example facks us multiple ways as he wastes a valuable import spot...permeates his ineffectiveness in to other parts of the line...and his inconsistent snaps screw up rhythm and timing. Thats just one example...To trust that osh is putting the best guys out there because he wears the HC hat is foolish...History has shown us that

I know you dont like to admit osh isnt the be all end all of coaches but a lot of our misfortune falls right at his feet...I also agree too that we have some other issues needing attention...but they also kind of wrap around back to him as well in a way.

I'll put it this way...yup...we have some players who are not good anymore...some who have really bad technical skills...some who continue to be abused game in and game out in the same fashion...make mental/communication errors game in and game out...seemingly out of position...there seems to be a lot of this in our roster

Now...who rosters them? and Who doesn't hold anyone accountable...even a benching of quarter, or second half of a game? Rip a strip off em on the sideline...somerimes a good public embarrassing gets the message across..

Who is responsible to recognize the issues, and either fix them by taking a different coaching approach, or removing them altogether for a different player?

And guys even after game 12 at times still looking confused...unsure of assignment....Thinking as opposed to reacting...being in wrong spots...Who prepares them in week leading up to a game....or should be preparing them?

Therein lies the problem if anyone here answers the quations....Rhymes with poaching

All your player musings are your opinion as well. Singer played a decent game subbing for Demski, not Cobb. He was inside getting Demski's touches and had 62 yards, a promising start, but not spectacular. At no point did I argue that 3 IMP receivers would not be preferable, I argued that we should be looking for an impact IMP receiver. i stand by that. Brown is not as good as Collaros this year, that's proven not opinion. I also said Smith wasn't getting reps last year because he wasn't ready at the time and was earning an uptick in his reps this year and getting them. I stand by that as well. You are trying to put words into my mouth by twisting what I've said into something I didn't with the exception of Brown, which my comments are based in fact. Brown struggled badly his last 2 games this year and definitely does not have the command of this offence like Collaros does. He might get there, but he's not there yet.

I have never once said Kramdi is the best, and I DARE you to find a comment suggesting I did. I stated that Kramdi is not nearly as bad as you have made him out to be and is a good player not a crappy one. Do you dispute that? Like honestly? As for Elsbury, he is in there because Tui is crap. I don't dispute that we need a new centre though. Eli being crap is also not my opinion but proven.

So your unwavering opinion that Tui is a good centre, is also a case of a fan having blinders on and not seeing the forest thru the trees when it comes to some players. I will admit, that I do that at times but I doubt you will.

Edited by GCn20

Doesn't matter where Singer took reps...Our receivers take reps all over the field regardless...Its a case of him just being a flat out better player than Cobb..Womack woulda been too....Clercius also is and it was not due a ratio requirement as well playing Cobb and Corcoran before him... talking about not seeing a forest

We get it you will defend Osh until your last dying breath...Look back in time I defended him and praised him too...Until he didnt deserve it...which is living in the now...I couldnt give to eff's what he did for us circa 2019-2022...I do tho in how he has ruined all the previous accolades tho

You have said repeatedly that players are playing because the players behind them be it depth chart or on PR are not as good...Go fact check yer old self and rediscover your musings...And where had ELI shown to be crap??..And if so why he on roster??...Coaching blunder I guess...Games he been in he hasnt shown that. Elsbury sure has tho

On 2026-09-10 at 8:10 AM, GCn20 said:

The hyperbole is strong here. I see nothing that sets off alarm bells to me in last week's performance. It's the fricken LDC. We went to OT which is a far better result than we've had with far better teams. We don't win that game often. Like I stated before the game I don't think any of us should read much into the state of our team in the LDC. It's the toughest game on our schedule every year even when the Riders suck.

If Brown were better he would be the starter, and there was nothing wrong with Zac's performance last week. I'm not sure why you would want him pulled last week?

With O'Shea, it is far from certain that his anointed starter would be pulled if not doing well. As an example, there is the Drew Willy-Matt Nichols incident. Further, Collaros was terrible in the first quarter last game and even though the Riders were not nearly at their best through the whole game, Collaros was left in and not doing well, either. Pulling him might have given him a chance to see what the Rider defence was doing and then putting him back in to take advantage of that.

3 hours ago, Booch said:

he also panicks now...Cause it's in his head that he is limited...which doesnt hep

He also isn't 100 percent in tune to whats going on I think and reading and reacting to things like before, as he looks to be in self-preservation more now...and will force or rush something out where he shouldnt

A few short years ago, Collaros was great, maybe the best in the league about rolling out and escaping pressure to zing the ball into well-covered receivers. Now, he is a lot slower to react, and rolls out slower and does not seem to have the consistent arm strength to throw darts, although he tries.

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Doesn't matter where Singer took reps...Our receivers take reps all over the field regardless...Its a case of him just being a flat out better player than Cobb..Womack woulda been too....Clercius also is and it was not due a ratio requirement as well playing Cobb and Corcoran before him... talking about not seeing a forest

We get it you will defend Osh until your last dying breath...Look back in time I defended him and praised him too...Until he didnt deserve it...which is living in the now...I couldnt give to eff's what he did for us circa 2019-2022...I do tho in how he has ruined all the previous accolades tho

You have said repeatedly that players are playing because the players behind them be it depth chart or on PR are not as good...Go fact check yer old self and rediscover your musings...And where had ELI shown to be crap??..And if so why he on roster??...Coaching blunder I guess...Games he been in he hasnt shown that. Elsbury sure has tho

You don't even make sense about comparing him to Cobb based on last game. He was inserted for Demski and played inside. When he subs in for Cobb, if ever, a direct comparison can be made. I suspect that Singer would be much more impactful even at field WR. Games that Eli has played centre most DEFINITELY showed he was crap. Not sure what the f you were watching? I never once stated that Singer wasn't a better option than Cobb. What I stated was that Geno would have represented a much more impactful signing than Singer would be this year. Be clear what someone has said before you shoot your yap and put words in their mouths. I, for one, have been advocating all year for 3 IMP receivers and have made it clear I think it is a coaching mistake to not do so. Cobb is on for his passport. I would bet a million dollars if Singer had the same passport Cobb would have never seen the field. I don't like the ratio use, but it's not a straight ahead comparison because of it. I still agree, and always have, that Singer should be on instead of Cobb and that if we need to make ratio we do it elsewhere. I also still feel that Geno Lewis would have been a huge signing had we gone there. I, also, have never disputed that Singer wouldn't be an upgrade over Cobb but it's passport not skill that is determining that spot on the field. Still a mistake but for some reason KW and MOS want that spot to be NAT. Not sure why. I don't like the NAT rule in general but I can understand that NATs, even if they are less skilled, are going to get spots on the roster because there is a minimum number needed and that goes for starting as well. Why we don't use the minimum number of NATs and use the nationalized IMP rule that is open for criticism for sure.

Edited by GCn20

5 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

You don't even make sense about comparing him to Cobb based on last game. He was inserted for Demski and played inside. When he subs in for Cobb, if ever, a direct comparison can be made. I suspect that Singer would be much more impactful even at field WR. Games that Eli has played centre most DEFINITELY showed he was crap. Not sure what the f you were watching? I never once stated that Singer wasn't a better option than Cobb. What I stated was that Geno would have represented a much more impactful signing than Singer would be this year. Be clear what someone has said before you shoot your yap and put words in their mouths. I, for one, have been advocating all year for 3 IMP receivers and have made it clear I think it is a coaching mistake to not do so.

Collaros is the old grey mare and this should be his last season, but atm he is still our best option unfortunately.

Based on what? A rough game by brown? Cause collaros has had rough games this season too.

On 2026-09-10 at 11:40 PM, 17to85 said:

Honestly I think it is both but this is not a new thing for collaros either.

I won't disagree but JBR saying Collaros is the worst qb in CFL history handling the blitz is totally laughable.

On 2026-09-10 at 9:11 PM, JuranBoldenRules said:

Yes. Sask just blitzed all day and for the most part the Bombers O had very little answer until they hit Zach late.

You feel he's good against pressure? I can literally see 7 guys coming from a shitty sideline angle on TSN 3 seconds before the snap and Collaros is trying to work through reads once he's gets the ball as he gets snowed under again and again.

Among CFL HOF level QB's I've watched in my life, Collaros is absolutely one of the worst at dealing with pressure consistently....like even in his MOP years, but getting worse as he can't move as quickly.

When was the last time you saw a Bomber offense use hot routes to counter a blitz? Quick slant ot out? Throw into the flats? Bubble screen to Oliveira??? I don't remember seeing that at all. How is that Collaros' fault? The blitz is coming full force & all we do is try to force the ball downfield. That's on Condell. Does Collaros have to share in that blame. Yes, surely as he likes to go for it all maybe too much with the group he has offensively.. But calling him the worst qb in CFL history handling the blitz? I say again, C'mon, man.

5 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I won't disagree but JBR saying Collaros is the worst qb in CFL history handling the blitz is totally laughable.

I believe he said worst HOF level qb at it.

ZC never really had much short game touch...and now that he could really benefit from it...he's scufflin and shufflin

12 hours ago, Booch said:

ZC never really had much short game touch...and now that he could really benefit from it...he's scufflin and shufflin

They won today in spite of a putrid offensive line & Tommy Condell not using Brady much until the second half. I was at the game today thinking WTH aren't \we running the ball? It did open up things a bit when he started to run over the Rider defense. In the fourth quarter, Dru Brown started throwing to Singer who already in 2 games has shown more than Gavin Cobb has in 12 games. We seem to find ways to win. I don't know if we're doing it with mirrors or what We're just one game behind the Riders.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.