Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2026 CFL Around The League (Not Bombers Specific)

With Rookie Camps getting underway Wednesday, it's time to talk about the 2026 CFL season!

  • Replies 1.4k
  • Views 39.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • 3DownNation DAZN hires Chris Streveler as CFL, NFL analyst - 3DownNation Chris Streveler has been hired by DAZN as a CFL and NFL analyst, creator, and on-air personality, the streaming service announc

  • 17to85
    17to85

    No I don't

  • JuranBoldenRules
    JuranBoldenRules

    Heard yesterday morning out of Regina a Rider player had been in a wreck and that it was likely the Rider players fault, didn't know who until afternoon. Then a lot of locals went off on a "brown guy

Featured Replies

3 hours ago, Atomic said:

Jim Popp is back

CFL.ca
No image preview

Ottawa REDBLACKS add Jim Popp as senior football advisor...

The Ottawa Sports and Entertainment Group (OSEG) announced on Monday that veteran CFL executive Jim Popp has joined the Ottawa REDBLACKS as a Senior Football Advisor.

“We need to get better and there is no reason to wait until the offseason to start doing that,” said Goudie.

Maybe Miller should take note...or do same...That's smart football organizationally....get ahead of it now and hit ground running in off-season

1 hour ago, Booch said:

“We need to get better and there is no reason to wait until the offseason to start doing that,” said Goudie.

Maybe Miller should take note...or do same...That's smart football organizationally....get ahead of it now and hit ground running in off-season

That would make too much sense.....'smart' football, we certainly can't be accused of that this season...It should be tryouts 27 NOW

On 2026-08-21 at 8:48 AM, Atomic said:

I'm 100% sure I run the fastest 40 on this website

I raced a kid (16) on the football team I coached a few years ago. I was chirping a few guys that their 40+ yr old coach could outrun them. I was an athlete back in the day and ran track so I figured I still had some speed left. Deal was I had to race a db or rec but I got to choose which one. Losing to that kid was legit one of the worst moments of my life. It was the first day of me acknowledging being an old man…

1 hour ago, sweep the leg said:

I raced a kid (16) on the football team I coached a few years ago. I was chirping a few guys that their 40+ yr old coach could outrun them. I was an athlete back in the day and ran track so I figured I still had some speed left. Deal was I had to race a db or rec but I got to choose which one. Losing to that kid was legit one of the worst moments of my life. It was the first day of me acknowledging being an old man…

Basketball Ok GIF by Malcolm France

Ottawa is 0 and 10 and prob won’t win a game. They kinda were a dumpster fire last year.

We are 5 and 5. likely a crossover in the future.

It’s not similar. Ottawa has the longest losing streak in modern cfl history.

We have made the playoffs even last year which was our first not in the cup final in 4 5 years.

I don’t see the similarities.

We are a team who if the coaches and gm felt like, could turn it around in a few weeks even with some simple adjustments probably but adding players instead of trotting out same old is step 1. Zach is cooked also. Gotta thick Kyle sensed that with the Dru trade.

BC wasn’t good 3 4 weeks ago, Sask was. Now BC is good , Sask isn’t. No it’s not just rourke. The bc D has improved significantly with some changes.

Edited by Goalie

Is Jim Popp in 2026 the equivalent of hiring Joe Mack when we did? Kind of an older bird dog maybe not as familiar with today’s athlete? I dunno. Mack found some talent tho.

Also Ottawa is saying, we don’t have the talent. It’s not coaching its talent, here? We seem to ignore players on the field and blame coaching immediately. JY isn’t calling miss 6 tackles for a huge gain. But there are things he is doing that’s likely hindering the group. Same with Tommy. Same with O’Shea. I wonder if they even think anything is legit wrong. If in their minds, the talent is there. When in reality it probably isn’t.

BC changed a coordinator or 2 and some players.

RD throws everyone but himself under the bus.

O’Shea seems oblivious or just I’m not sure what the word really is, it’s a combo really. he’s the opposite of RD it seems. Throws nobody under the bus. Very rarely if ever recall O’Shea talking **** publicly about any players.

Edited by Goalie

9 hours ago, Atomic said:

Jim Popp is back

CFL.ca
No image preview

Ottawa REDBLACKS add Jim Popp as senior football advisor...

The Ottawa Sports and Entertainment Group (OSEG) announced on Monday that veteran CFL executive Jim Popp has joined the Ottawa REDBLACKS as a Senior Football Advisor.

Good m ove. he'll keep DXinwiddie in check. The guy should be President.

we should have brought him in here to oversee things...then report it all to Miller....Maybe an eye over Osh's shoulder would scare the stupid outta him and he stop being a lazy HC

It would seem counter-intuitive to hire a guy to turn around the Bombers whose last winning season was during Jake Thomas' rookie year

18 minutes ago, ShyGuy said:

It would seem counter-intuitive to hire a guy to turn around the Bombers whose last winning season was during Jake Thomas' rookie year

Yeah. I dunno about that. Popp has been out of the game a long time. Plus it’s just a senior advisor role. I’m not sure popp knows what makes a great team in 26.

Edited by Goalie

46 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Yeah. I dunno about that. Popp has been out of the game a long time. Plus it’s just a senior advisor role. I’m not sure popp knows what makes a great team in 26.

Out of the CFL maybe, but it's not like he's been sitting on the couch.

He's been working in player personnel in the UFL & NCAA the last 5 years so hiring him to help with scouting is probably a good fit.

10 hours ago, ShyGuy said:

It would seem counter-intuitive to hire a guy to turn around the Bombers whose last winning season was during Jake Thomas' rookie year

Well, that's rich considering that we have Walters, McManus & Osh running the Bombers who are still in the game & never left but have no idea how to fix things.

16 hours ago, sweep the leg said:

I raced a kid (16) on the football team I coached a few years ago. I was chirping a few guys that their 40+ yr old coach could outrun them. I was an athlete back in the day and ran track so I figured I still had some speed left. Deal was I had to race a db or rec but I got to choose which one. Losing to that kid was legit one of the worst moments of my life. It was the first day of me acknowledging being an old man…

Yeah, I used to be able to beat the kids on my track teams (at least the ones who weren't the gifted athletes)...no more..

18 hours ago, Goalie said:

Is Jim Popp in 2026 the equivalent of hiring Joe Mack when we did? Kind of an older bird dog maybe not as familiar with today’s athlete? I dunno. Mack found some talent tho.

Also Ottawa is saying, we don’t have the talent. It’s not coaching its talent, here? We seem to ignore players on the field and blame coaching immediately. JY isn’t calling miss 6 tackles for a huge gain. But there are things he is doing that’s likely hindering the group. Same with Tommy. Same with O’Shea. I wonder if they even think anything is legit wrong. If in their minds, the talent is there. When in reality it probably isn’t.

BC changed a coordinator or 2 and some players.

RD throws everyone but himself under the bus.

O’Shea seems oblivious or just I’m not sure what the word really is, it’s a combo really. he’s the opposite of RD it seems. Throws nobody under the bus. Very rarely if ever recall O’Shea talking **** publicly about any players.

Found some American talent. Not so much Canadian talent....Tyson Pencer drafted 3rd overall

4 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

You'll be yelling at clouds, soon.

I’d add to that list yelling at anything that walks on lawns, the government and being suddenly intrigued with birds.

23 minutes ago, bryan35 said:

Found some American talent. Not so much Canadian talent....Tyson Pencer drafted 3rd overall

First round picks by Joe Mack: Henoc Muamba, Jade Etienne, Tyson Pencer, Andy Mulumba.

At least Henoc was good for us for a couple years.

10 minutes ago, Atomic said:

First round picks by Joe Mack: Henoc Muamba, Jade Etienne, Tyson Pencer, Andy Mulumba.

At least Henoc was good for us for a couple years.

Wasn't Jade's mom hot?

What's Brendon Taman doing these days? He was always good at uncrumpling his napkins and signing older guys that had 1 - 2 good seasons left in them.

2 minutes ago, Brandon said:

What's Brendon Taman doing these days? He was always good at uncrumpling his napkins and signing older guys that had 1 - 2 good seasons left in them.

Could use an Andrew Greene at guard.

3 minutes ago, Brandon said:

What's Brendon Taman doing these days? He was always good at uncrumpling his napkins and signing older guys that had 1 - 2 good seasons left in them.

he’s been in otts front office for a few years now

38 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Could use an Andrew Greene at guard.

Probably had to change his name to Andrew Grey by now.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.