Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2026 Bombers Season

  • Replies 2.4k
  • Views 85.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • For shits and giggles and the reminiscing of Nasty Nate in the other thread, I used MBB posting history and ChatGPT to get a Nate style commentary on the season to date. Enjoy folks, all meant for som

  • sweep the leg
    sweep the leg

    some thoughts, with the usual caveats about limited reps, one day, etc Penner from the Rifles fits in during skelly, rec drills, etc. the problem today was they did a tonne of sts blocking drills and

  • Atomic
    Atomic

    Collaros back at practice today. Dru Brown still taking first team reps.

Featured Replies

New DB added to the PR - Kaylin Moore

Also added DB Matthew Jackson to the PR - he was on our PR last year for a bit.

Edited by bigg jay
Added information

9 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

I'm 69... Get off of my lawn.

I'll be 71 in a week. Respect your elders. I was alive when Bill Haley's Rock Around The Clock Hit #1 on Billboard's Top 100 & you weren't. giphy.gif

15 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I'll be 71 in a week. Respect your elders. I was alive when Bill Haley's Rock Around The Clock Hit #1 on Billboard's Top 100 & you weren't. giphy.gif

You truly are Grampa Simpson :D

17 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I'll be 71 in a week. Respect your elders. I was alive when Bill Haley's Rock Around The Clock Hit #1 on Billboard's Top 100 & you weren't. giphy.gif

Sure had the joint jumpin' back in the day....They certainly were more fast paced than Glenn Miller and when everyone was Ballin' the Jack...(can we still say that),,,,I think Chuck Berry and Buddy Holly picked up where Bill Haley left off...All great acts back in the day....Anyone got a read on the new DB we just signed????

More fodder to combat the bye-week blues...Chapter 2 from Strevelation:

I can see maybe bringin a guy back that was injured to re-evaluate but our constant bringing guys back who were cut or deemed not good enough to fill voids/injury etc doesnt say much about our coaching and ability to evaluate or the quality or depth of our scouting...does it?

We should be cutting bait from former cuts and turning over new stones...or having new blood carried on the PR learning and developing

Case in point Kornelson...what was he outright dumped 2 times..brought back....Played him...still showed he didnt belong...PR'd...Then a early signing this winter...could crack roster again...and again wasting space on the PR...let it go already...big reason why we lack depth and dont seem to ever have a guy in waiting anymore as we just hang on to garbage...or recycle our own cuts

7 minutes ago, Booch said:

I can see maybe bringin a guy back that was injured to re-evaluate but our constant bringing guys back who were cut or deemed not good enough to fill voids/injury etc doesnt say much about our coaching and ability to evaluate or the quality or depth of our scouting...does it?

We should be cutting bait from former cuts and turning over new stones...or having new blood carried on the PR learning and developing

Case in point Kornelson...what was he outright dumped 2 times..brought back....Played him...still showed he didnt belong...PR'd...Then a early signing this winter...could crack roster again...and again wasting space on the PR...let it go already...big reason why we lack depth and dont seem to ever have a guy in waiting anymore as we just hang on to garbage...or recycle our own cuts

Definitely doesn't seem to be our style - I follow a CFL Neg List tracking account and we are far less active in adding/removing players from the neg list than other teams. Just like our AR & PR, they seem to be content with who they have and that's who they want to roll with.

That said, we did just add a new DB last week (was on our neg list) and yesterday we dropped Oladejo, who was a Montreal cast-off so there does seem to be a small bit of turnover happening.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers cut Daniel Oladejo - 3DownNation

2 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Definitely doesn't seem to be our style - I follow a CFL Neg List tracking account and we are far less active in adding/removing players from the neg list than other teams. Just like our AR & PR, they seem to be content with who they have and that's who they want to roll with.

That said, we did just add a new DB last week (was on our neg list) and yesterday we dropped Oladejo, who was a Montreal cast-off so there does seem to be a small bit of turnover happening.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers cut Daniel Oladejo - 3DownNation

baby steps haha...I bet tho that Oladejo could have offered more than our bottom 2 canadians currently

And to bring him in and really not give him an opportunity in a game to show yay or nay was kinda pointless too....why bother...Only way you can prove anything is under live bulletts...I can see if he dropped every pass to him in practice, or couldnt read a playbook or run a route....but that wasnt the case...some guys...even superstars look like turds in practice but when the lights come on.....diff story

2 hours ago, Booch said:

I can see maybe bringing a guy back that was injured to re-evaluate but our constant bringing guys back who were cut or deemed not good enough to fill voids/injury etc doesn't say much about our coaching and ability to evaluate or the quality or depth of our scouting...does it?

We should be cutting bait from former cuts and turning over new stones...or having new blood carried on the PR learning and developing

Case in point Kornelson...what was he outright dumped 2 times..brought back....Played him...still showed he didn't belong...PR'd...Then a early signing this winter...could crack roster again...and again wasting space on the PR...let it go already...big reason why we lack depth and dont seem to ever have a guy in waiting anymore as we just hang on to garbage...or recycle our own cuts

Surely to God there MUST have been cuts from other teams that were better, but.....Kornelson was at hand, so....

4 hours ago, Tracker said:

Surely to God there MUST have been cuts from other teams that were better, but.....Kornelson was at hand, so....

Korn is Canadian and guys need to agree to go on the pr. We all get paid More then they do. I do at least. And I’m just destroying my feet by walking around 10 hours a day or night. not my entire body like they are. Why do you assume guys cut by other teams, especially Canadians like Korn are better? Korn isn’t great but he’s prob better than several cuts around the league plus he’s familiar with our system. Reality likely is all the cuts across the league are likely similarly skilled. Korn knows the system here. That means he has a leg up on random dude Sask cut.

Edited by Goalie

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

guys need to agree to go on the pr.

This is something that I think gets forgotten or overlooked by many here.

fact is...dude been cut 2..3 times....cant crack a starting spot let alone roster for 3+ yrs now, (and rightfully so from the tape he has shown in his 3 yrs trying)....nobody beat his door down to PR him the many times he was on the street, and yes I am sure he would have said yes if asked by another team. Move on already and look in another direction.

Everyone basically plays same type base systems of some sort except for some of our nonsense of late, and really what we do isn't outside the box along the dline other than our insistence to play garbage for last several yrs...so system familiarity is a moot point...these guys have all played in varying systems in their career so they should pick any new one up...and if they can't....well again see ya later why they even around?

Not to be rude either...but noshitsherlock they have to agree...thats been mentioned here 100000000 times...plus 1

They also have to agree to be poached as well...it's not automatic

But we also do this a lot with import guys...especially DB....Bring back our own cuts....do you know how many DB prospects are out there?...If you have to bring back crappy guys you cut over your other crap...something is seriously wrong

Dru Brown is a Bomber. 1st & 2nd for Brown and a 2nd.

Edited by sweep the leg

3 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

Dru Brown is a Bomber. 1st & 2nd for Brown and a 2nd.

It’s a big pay day for a guy ott didn’t want to start and with a decent contract for a qb2.

I’m very happy brown is a bomber again, even in an over pay. Is this indicative of some thing to do with bryce/te? Or zachs health?

  • Author

Relatively steep price. Not sure what role he serves unless Zach is hurt... But either way I'm glad he's back. Wish he'd never left.

Wonder what this means for Perkins or Elgersma. Unless did someone get hurt?! Zach is obviously nearing the end of his career and this is obviously done because this will be his last year. Go from no cfl backup experience to having the ideal situation now.

Edited by Goalie

  • Author

I guess we needed a QB be sure we only had 3. So TE goes PR for now. Perkins still short yardage and 3QB.

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

I guess we needed a QB be sure we only had 3. So TE goes PR for now. Perkins still short yardage and 3QB.

thats the smart/right move

17 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Relatively steep price. Not sure what role he serves unless Zach is hurt... But either way I'm glad he's back. Wish he'd never left.

maybe zach made a decision about next year? Soo many questions.

12 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I guess we needed a QB be sure we only had 3. So TE goes PR for now. Perkins still short yardage and 3QB.

Normally i’d agree, brown is a very good short yardage qb too though. Doesn’t have the explosive run upside though.

I’ll be very interested to see the follow up move. I could see it going either way

27 minutes ago, Booch said:

thats the smart/right move

I think both bryce and te can use pr development, but bryce is a low ceiling high floor guy. And brown is the best guy to step in. Te as qb3 only serves to develop him. bryce on the pr only serves for depth and maybe scout team on walk through.

I don't know if Dru's arm strength is better than Zach's at this point in Zach's career, but apart from Maier, This past weekend I was impressed by how strong the arms were of every other QB that played. Bombers are sitting on a time bomb there.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.