Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2026 Bombers Season

  • Replies 2.4k
  • Views 85.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • For shits and giggles and the reminiscing of Nasty Nate in the other thread, I used MBB posting history and ChatGPT to get a Nate style commentary on the season to date. Enjoy folks, all meant for som

  • sweep the leg
    sweep the leg

    some thoughts, with the usual caveats about limited reps, one day, etc Penner from the Rifles fits in during skelly, rec drills, etc. the problem today was they did a tonne of sts blocking drills and

  • Atomic
    Atomic

    Collaros back at practice today. Dru Brown still taking first team reps.

Featured Replies

7 hours ago, Booch said:

Well hes not exactly wrong until we prove otherwise..could definitely been just a random blip as our wr core is still weak

U can't discount tho the oline how it seemd to maybe morph into what they may truly be..that kind of stuff is more indicator than anomaly..curious to see how they come out this weekend and if controlling the line is the new reality

I saw last week as an identity game. Play physical whistle to whistle. Be the hammer not the nail. We saw that from both the OL and the receivers and even the defense stepped it up (it was nice to see some more physicality in the DB core).

Are we going to continue to play to our strengths. Will we be able to continue that? Remains to be seen.

On 2026-09-03 at 3:46 PM, aalgernon said:

Would anybody be able to share what happened with Nasty Nate and why he got banned? I used to hang around OurBombers and of course he was a fixture there. Certainly a controversial guy with no shortage of unique takes, but he was a fan and a character. Hope he's doing well these days.

Neat story, SpeedFlex, about the olden days of Bomber mediocrity. I've heard lots of stories of Ken Ploen from back in the day, but not Jonas. I'll have to ask the older Bomber fans I know.

Booch - is that true that Schoen spent an off-season literally "learning CFL" (like so many Americans deride fall-off NFLers as needing to do)? Fascinating. I wonder if there'd be a chance to bring him back in a reduced capacity if he can heal up. Maybe come playoffs? The guy just knew how to find space. (Don't mean to rehash old conversation points, but who knows.)

Schoen reinjured the same knee twice. Major reconstruction both times. It's bad enough to go through that surgewry & rehab once but twice? I'd say the chances are slim to none he comes back. He may but he won't be the same player. He's probably 30 by now & out of football essentially 3 years except for the brief time he came back last season. Do we really want to take achance he can get back to being a dominant receiver again? If he can't then why sign him? We all love the guy but I don't think he can play anymore.

16 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

only if we also reanimate the Neil McKinlay clone.

Pierre Luc Labbe still available?

Riders sign Defensive Lineman Habakkuk Baldonado. Lord only knows when Walters is going to wake up from his fog as GM & actually TRY TO IMPROVE this football team. I've never seen a GM just sit on his ass & do absolutely nothing. He woke up this year to sign Ceresna, Nield & Broxton & that was it. Nield has been a complete bust. And Miller gave this turkey a new 3 year deal??

Edited by SpeedFlex27

12 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Riders sign Defensive Lineman Habakkuk Baldonado. Lord only knows when Walters is going to wake up from his fog as GM & actually TRY TO IMPROVE this football team. I've never seen a GM just sit on his ass & do absolutely nothing. He woke up this year to sign Ceresna, Nield & Broxton & that was it. Nield has been a complete bust. And Miller gave this turkey a new 3 year deal??

Maybe they are at the cap? Carrying 35 ST lbers can drain the account :)

On 2026-09-04 at 4:26 PM, JohnnyAbonny said:

Begin the thawing of Sam Hurl

Ryan Reynolds Want GIF

18 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Riders sign Defensive Lineman Habakkuk Baldonado. Lord only knows when Walters is going to wake up from his fog as GM & actually TRY TO IMPROVE this football team. I've never seen a GM just sit on his ass & do absolutely nothing. He woke up this year to sign Ceresna, Nield & Broxton & that was it. Nield has been a complete bust. And Miller gave this turkey a new 3 year deal??

Just absolute garbage GMing. Baldonado would have helped in so many ways. I get he wasn't having the most impressive season but a lot of that was on Ottawa itself. I don't understand why KW refuses to take some risks to improve our roster.

56 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Just absolute garbage GMing. Baldonado would have helped in so many ways. I get he wasn't having the most impressive season but a lot of that was on Ottawa itself. I don't understand why KW refuses to take some risks to improve our roster.

The starters are starters for a reason, if this guy was any good he wouldn't be released from the worst team in the league.

Se I can make up bullshit absolving people of responsibility too.

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

Just absolute garbage GMing. Baldonado would have helped in so many ways. I get he wasn't having the most impressive season but a lot of that was on Ottawa itself. I don't understand why KW refuses to take some risks to improve our roster.

I already mentioned this. But why would Baldonado want to come here compared to going to his former team?

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

Just absolute garbage GMing. Baldonado would have helped in so many ways. I get he wasn't having the most impressive season but a lot of that was on Ottawa itself. I don't understand why KW refuses to take some risks to improve our roster.

Especially considering we dont even have a global on the pr and if sheehan gets hurt we gotta scramble to bring someone in

Riders brought him in so they could cut their crappy global kicker.

55 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I already mentioned this. But why would Baldonado want to come here compared to going to his former team?

Because we are THE Winnipeg Blue Bombers?

What more does something need?

Confused Steve Brule GIF by MOODMAN

I hear what people are saying, but maybe Walters did reach out to Baldonado and he chose the Riders? Gross, I know….. But possible.

21 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Riders sign Defensive Lineman Habakkuk Baldonado. Lord only knows when Walters is going to wake up from his fog as GM & actually TRY TO IMPROVE this football team. I've never seen a GM just sit on his ass & do absolutely nothing. He woke up this year to sign Ceresna, Nield & Broxton & that was it. Nield has been a complete bust. And Miller gave this turkey a new 3 year deal??

Now imagine the Patriots stuck paying Romeo "alligator arms" Doubs $68 million. It's tough sometimes bring a GM.

13 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Just absolute garbage GMing. Baldonado would have helped in so many ways. I get he wasn't having the most impressive season but a lot of that was on Ottawa itself. I don't understand why KW refuses to take some risks to improve our roster.

Players generally go where the money is. Baldonado let the Riders who were GC champs to a lst place football team in Ottawa. So, not wanting to play here doesn't cut it. From what I understand, Walters apparently uses a grid based on position to pay players & rarely steps outside that pay grid so we miss out when another team offers more money.

15 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Players generally go where the money is. Baldonado let the Riders who were GC champs to a lst place football team in Ottawa. So, not wanting to play here doesn't cut it. From what I understand, Walters apparently uses a grid based on position to pay players & rarely steps outside that pay grid so we miss out when another team offers more money.

Baldonado would have gone to the highest bidder, just as he did a few months ago. Walters just didn't bother trying to sign him, or didn't bother to make an offer that would get the job done.

29 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Baldonado would have gone to the highest bidder, just as he did a few months ago. Walters just didn't bother trying to sign him, or didn't bother to make an offer that would get the job done.

You’ve seen all the contract offers? You his agent or something

Habbababduck Balldontnado did nada.

18 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Habbababduck Balldontnado did nada.

Sharknado!

39 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

You’ve seen all the contract offers? You his agent or something

I saw the results. They speak for themselves. We dont pay KW to try hard and fail, we pay him to get the job done. Sorry if that doesnt seem fair, but what in life is.

Edited by GCn20

49 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I saw the results. They speak for themselves. We dont pay KW to try hard and fail, we pay him to get the job done. Sorry if that doesnt seem fair, but what in life is.

And yet you bend over backwards to defend other guys on this team who are failing to get the job done...

6 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Baldonado would have gone to the highest bidder, just as he did a few months ago. Walters just didn't bother trying to sign him, or didn't bother to make an offer that would get the job done.

I agree he doesn't do enough & hasn't for 5 years now. It's frustrating th think he'll be here another 2 seasons.

On 2026-09-12 at 8:55 PM, 17to85 said:

And yet you bend over backwards to defend other guys on this team who are failing to get the job done...

including the HC

On 2026-09-12 at 6:55 PM, GCn20 said:

Baldonado would have gone to the highest bidder, just as he did a few months ago. Walters just didn't bother trying to sign him, or didn't bother to make an offer that would get the job done.

That's what he told you?

28 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

That's what he told you?

That's what makes sense.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.