Site Updates

Rich

We weren't quite sure what to expect when we decided to open MorningBigBlue.com. We are very pleased to say that the response has been beyond our expectations. A big thank you to everyone who has come and contributed to make this place the success that it is.

After being open for only a week, I am proud to say that we have grown to 100 registered users and 950 posts in 55 threads.

With such an overwhelming response, we decided to invest in better software for the site. We found a package (special thank to Brandon for the suggestion) that not only provides the majority of the features asked for, but will allows us, with your help, to grow into a Winnipeg Blue Bomber Community rather then just a message board.

We hope that you will agree after giving the new site a spin that this software brings us from "amateur" to a professional, full blown site.

Some of the features we can now offer:

- A more aesthetically pleasing theme that allows for easier post differentiation, makes new posts easier to find, better search capabilities and and an overall cleaner, more professional design

- Easier site navigation

- More then 10 posts listed per page

- A fully integrated chat room

- Quick Reply box

- Preview of posts when hovering over topics

- The ability to collapse and hide the Twitter feed

- Ability to "Like" posts

- Ability to hide signature lines

- Administrators and moderators are now easier to find

- Ability to login with your Facebook or Twitter account (or continue using you board credentials if you prefer)

- A member blog section where any member of our community can create their own articles. Tired of the Winnipeg media's slant on the Bombers? Write your own article to refute them.

- A mobile version of the site (which you can easily switch on or off from your mobile devices)

- You still have the ability to ignore people!

And so much more.

The conversion seems to have mostly worked. A large number of your avatars did not convert properly. My apologies for the inconvenience. Please let me know if you encounter any issues with the new site.

As always, your feedback is important to us as we strive to make this the premiere Winnipeg Blue Bomber and CFL fan site around. We expect a few bumps as the new software gets broken in. Let us know of any issues you find, or suggestions for continued improvement.

I've also decided to go by my real name on this site from now on.

Rich (aka JimmyFresco)

It doesn't look as slick -- though it's clean and not at all bad. However, even as a designer, I always say that funcitonality (as long as it's combined with cleanliness or simplicity) always far outweighs the look.

And that list of features/new functions is astouding.

Looking forward to this site growing even further!

love the quick reply and mobile options specifically. Looks sharper than the last layout too. I'm a fan. But everyone needs to get a unique avatar up asap so I can see who's posting what since my eyes don't immediately look to where the username is actually displayed right now.

Love the new features, but I think I preferred the look of the old page. With that said, tho, I hated how Colin stole the look and used it for his own site, so this one now looks different from theirs, and I *LOVE* that aspect. Only thing that matters is having the right people here. If everyone has a thick skin and is ready to scrap a bit, I'm in...

as i mentioned to the other, please change the grey into gold. OB's color is blue & grey already.

another suggestion, can you make the twitter feed appear in the right side of the discussion page also ? so that you dont need to go the home page to be updated. thanks.

Having issues on the site this morning, fonts all whacked out, like having to highlight text with the cursor to be able to have it viewable. 

Stuff like Forum Titles aren't viewable for me.

Would love to upload a screen shot, but sadly my proficiency with doing such a thing isn't working out currently.

Having issues on the site this morning, fonts all whacked out, like having to highlight text with the cursor to be able to have it viewable. 

Would love to upload a screen shot, but sadly my proficiency with doing such a thing isn't working out currently.

Hit the print screen button on your keyboard, then open Paint, paste the image in there, save it and go to imageshack.us or something similar (just search image uploader on Google) to get the link to post here.

Rich, is it possible to get the Twitter feed available when you click on Bomber forum, general discussion, etc? You can only see it when you're on the community page selecting what part of the site you want to enter. IIRC you could see the Twitter feed in General Discussion, Bomber Discussion on the previous version.

Are you viewing the site using IE?  Try using another browser and you should be good. Meanwhile we can try to figure out what is happening.

Wow, the site looks even better than before, congrats and thanks to everyone behind getting this done.

This board now looks more professional and even looks dare I say classier.