Site Updates

Rich

This is of course what happens when you do upgrades in the middle of the night. My original post should have read special thanks to Brandon not Brian.

And thank you all for the kind comments about the site. Very excited about how this upgrade turned out

knocked it out of the park JimmyFres... i mean, Rich.

i freaking love this.

Now you can see I did know what I was talking about when I said there were huge differences between free forum software and the really good software that is licensed.

Now you can see I did know what I was talking about when I said there were huge differences between free forum software and the really good software that is licensed.

did you say that? sorry... don't remember you. what was your handle on OB?

We weren't quite sure what to expect when we decided to open MorningBigBlue.com. We are very pleased to say that the response has been beyond our expectations. A big thank you to everyone who has come and contributed to make this place the success that it is.

With such an overwhelming response, we decided to invest in better software for the site. We found a package (special thank to Brandon for the suggestion) that not only provides the majority of the features asked for, but will allows us, with your help, to grow into a Winnipeg Blue Bomber Community rather then just a message board.

This is fantastic news that you guys ended up switching to this board,  that other site I linked to you has lots of nice neat features that can be added in at any time and they've tinkered with it quite a bit and it seems very easy to add things on the fly.   I like the look and the layout,  and maybe a bit of gold might be nice, but I'm digging the grey and the blue.  

I didn't know which thread to put this one (this one or the updates one) but would it be possible to maybe get a little line or tidbit about where the name of the site comes from?  I think outsiders are probably curious and/or confused about how the name came about.

Yeah the Code of Conduct is not the most prominent on this site.

I've been thinking the same thing that the explanation of the name should be moved somewhere else but haven't yet come up with any good ideas, other then creating a Pinned thread about it.   I'm open to suggestions on where we could put the explanation.

Many sites have an "About" link at the top of the page where they explain who they are and what their company/website is all about. Maybe add that ("About MBB") and include the story behind the name there?

I like this idea.