Site Updates

Rich

yup, same here.

On top of that, I hate to say it but maybe they're UNDER moderating over there. 8 of the last 9 threads with replies in them were all created by that Access_Blue guy, who is very clearly a troll.

That guy is what will kill that site for good if they are not careful. Starts too many threads, all trash, and makes any other real content disappear in the noise. They need to do something quickly.

Firstly, congrats to all who were involved in the creation of Morning Big Blue! This place looks great, and as many others have mentioned, the mobile version is fantastic! The "other" place was pretty brutal to view on an iPhone.

As someone who's been not much more than a lurker over there for the last 3 or 4 years, I didn't (still don't) know the whole story behind the spilt, and really don't care to.  What I do know is that most of the posters I enjoy reading are now over here, seemingly exclusively. Meanwhile, the other place has been completely taken over by one dude who's got a massive ego. I agree with Negatron...he could be the death of them, which would really be unfortunate.  Today, the talk over there is actually centered upon whether or not there was practice today... :rolleyes:

Anywho, I'm glad I finally found this place. Can't wait to kick things off already! GO BLUUUUUUE!

yup, same here.

On top of that, I hate to say it but maybe they're UNDER moderating over there. 8 of the last 9 threads with replies in them were all created by that Access_Blue guy, who is very clearly a troll.

The only real "over-modding" so far has been Mark H, who I have nothing but respect for. He's (IMHO) prematurely shut down some threads and deleted comments that didn't really need to be, but whatever...all good. 

Personally, I hate censorship, and love internet fighting...but that's just me......

Yeah, keep this Access_Blue turd off here. A practice is a practice. Whether it's in full pads or a walk thru with no hitting at all. The guy is a full blown troll & shouldn't be welcome here at all. Funny how he just showed up when he did. He's their problem now.

question for those who know about this stuff:

"finding this place" has been a reoccurring stumbling block for some folks... how do we make MBB easier to "find"? 

The site needs better SEO: 

Check http://searchenginewatch.com/article/2067564/How-To-Use-HTML-Meta-Tags for a primer.

Basically I searched for "bomber fan forum" and the first mention I find for this site is from the stamps forum. When I originally found this site I had to search for a user that I knew signed up here.

The site needs better SEO: 

Check http://searchenginewatch.com/article/2067564/How-To-Use-HTML-Meta-Tags for a primer.

Basically I searched for "bomber fan forum" and the first mention I find for this site is from the stamps forum. When I originally found this site I had to search for a user that I knew signed up here.

thanks... i don't get most of that stuff but i get the gist of it.

on Bing, "Bomber Fan Forum" gets Morning Big Blue two thirds of the way down the second page for me. on Google i had it second last on page 2.

other than these meta-tags (which i will read up on), does the content of the site not influence the search? ie: when this site builds more content, it will pop up more often (and sooner) in searches? 

The only real "over-modding" so far has been Mark H, who I have nothing but respect for. He's (IMHO) prematurely shut down some threads and deleted comments that didn't really need to be, but whatever...all good. 

Personally, I hate censorship, and love internet fighting...but that's just me......

shrug

Finding this site was super difficult. I googled and sent PM's to a couple members on OB but it appears they had already left the site, finally I just asked in a thread and got a couple of PM's one of which arrived before what this automatic filtering thats happening. 

Incase I'm the first to notice it looks like morningbigblue.com has been filtered and now comes up thatothersite.com which took me to some weird japanese site. I hope that it wasn't some bukakke site that's gonna get me flagged for being a weirdo (My normal Goggle search history can do that on its own!). 

thanks... i don't get most of that stuff but i get the gist of it.

on Bing, "Bomber Fan Forum" gets Morning Big Blue two thirds of the way down the second page for me. on Google i had it second last on page 2.

other than these meta-tags (which i will read up on), does the content of the site not influence the search? ie: when this site builds more content, it will pop up more often (and sooner) in searches? 

Yep exactly this. As the site gets larger (more posts, articles etc.), Google and Bing will index the content and then rank it appropriately on searches.

Finding this site was super difficult. I googled and sent PM's to a couple members on OB but it appears they had already left the site, finally I just asked in a thread and got a couple of PM's one of which arrived before what this automatic filtering thats happening. 

Incase I'm the first to notice it looks like morningbigblue.com has been filtered and now comes up thatothersite.com which took me to some weird japanese site. I hope that it wasn't some bukakke site that's gonna get me flagged for being a weirdo (My normal Goggle search history can do that on its own!). 

I'm Lore over there so I'm glad my back-up plan of sending you the image with the site name and URL on it worked. I was so surprised when I initially tried to send you the information and saw that the censor had changed it. 

That's funny. I posted there this morning to address something and I referred to our site as "that other forum" without the censor. I wonder if Colin thinks I tried to type in the name.

I've been told by a few people that there are rumblings over there that we planted that Access_Blue guy to stir **** up. I can't see why we'd want (or need) to do that.

thats hilarious.. That guy is such a clown shoe. I can't believe his posting styles, he seems to think hes suddenly the football guru over there and yet his info went from decent to shockingly bad..  I hope he gets canned there quick and never finds his way here..

I happened to check out OB last night and saw people claiming that we are over-modding and shutting down threads over here.

Only real modding I've done is to shut down bashing of OB.

I am not one who likes to see even stuff like that modded, but honestly, one of the best things about this place so far I think is that you all do a good job of not over modding. People are allowed to say what they will for the most part, just the excessive piling on seems to be kept under control and that's a fair way of dealing with things. 

question for those who know about this stuff:

"finding this place" has been a reoccurring stumbling block for some folks... how do we make MBB easier to "find"? 

I saw one guy on ourbombers said he just googled 17to85... so yeah, I guess I'm kind of a big deal... 

I saw one guy on ourbombers said he just googled 17to85... so yeah, I guess I'm kind of a big deal... 

somehow i question whether making: "this is the forum that Dave is posting in" is the optimum expansion strategy... glad it worked for somebody though.

There are some other things in addition to meta-tags that can be altered to help boost search engine rankings as well.  Such things like the site title and description, which should incorporate the terms "blue bombers" and "fan forum" in them.  It should be an easy adjustment, but what do I know...

So was Argo Dave Access Blue?  Either way it was annoying that someone would troll the old site,  not very cool.          

I noticed Colin originally had a burst of topics and participation, but that has all but gone now.   

This site needs more Do Or Die thoughts/opinions and definitely this site needs more gifs!!!