3 stars plus HH preseason classic

1 garbutt and rivers. Both played really well garbutt vs the riders starters. 

2 Moses and petrishen. Moses made a bunch of good plays especially on the goal line. Both flew around making plays. Ayers Thomas and gemmel all had flashes too. 

3 Dobson and Wallace. Dobson looked really good at guard and centre. Wallace looked way further a long then I expected. 

HH strevy on the pa option sweep trucking riders. 

honorable mentions, Wilson for the bounce back, schmekel played an excellent game, fox and Lawson were great inside together, ford looked good on the corner, smith was the best of the returners. 

crunch of the game hallett with the perfectly timed smash on kick cover with out a no yards. 

block of the game. Wallace Dobson and kola cruising down field mashing for strevy 

scape goats, Barry-eh, cruickshank, lofton , kalra with the sack on barryeh. 

41 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Sounds like we have more than enough good Canadian boys to play the guard/center positions.

Anyone watch our OT prospects? 

Lofton was tipping pass/run plays really badly. He played T like a guard honestly. Not horrible one on one, but couldn’t sad just to the blitz to save the qbs life. 
 Coleman was solid but played with a real make shift ol against a lot of blitzes. Keith was not as good. 
I didn’t watch the ol play as much after Streveler left as I planned. Barryeh took any chance of guys succeeding or getting into a groove away. I don’t put much stock in the performances after Strevy left. 
 We also did not run much. A lot of decisions will have to be made based on tc, and game 2 on the ol. 

54 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

We also did not run much. 

Noticed this as well. Sask kept a balanced attack all game. We didn't run the ball and also didn't throw the ball past 10 yards. Made it really easy on the Sask defense honestly 

31 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Noticed this as well. Sask kept a balanced attack all game. We didn't run the ball and also didn't throw the ball past 10 yards. Made it really easy on the Sask defense honestly 

Yep, just 5 rb hand offs. I feel like the idea was to evaluate the ol in run protection as well as wr/qbs. I don’t think they are worried about the guys we have succeeding in run pro. 

6 minutes ago, brett_c_b said:

That's an impressive 9 players named as the three stars

Im in pre season mode too.  Don’t worry I’ll make some cuts and get the top 3 down to 4 or 5 for the regular season lol 

1 minute ago, rebusrankin said:

So is it fair to say that Bryant is of course a no brainer, we have no real worries with some combo of Neufeld, Kolo, Dobson, Eli and Wallace but RT is still a question mark?

That sums it up well imo. And I assume the default RT is and will be lofton. 

Ford......Garbutt.....Wilson , after he found his game and looked like he wants it more than Barriere..... Wallace surprised me and looks like a keeper

(about the broadcast....and I don't think preason games are any indication of a teams success or failure during the season....but for cripes sake at least get a players name and number correct so we can identify a player....Example Adams made a couple of nice catches and the broadcast guy sounded like he didn't have a clue who he was....They get an E minus for their effort)

2 hours ago, Stickem said:

Ford......Garbutt.....Wilson , after he found his game and looked like he wants it more than Barriere..... Wallace surprised me and looks like a keeper

(about the broadcast....and I don't think preason games are any indication of a teams success or failure during the season....but for cripes sake at least get a players name and number correct so we can identify a player....Example Adams made a couple of nice catches and the broadcast guy sounded like he didn't have a clue who he was....They get an E minus for their effort)

Let’s not forget Liam Dobson with the sack and Jake Kelly got a carry at running back. Those announcers were idiots. 

29 minutes ago, CrazyCanuck89 said:

Why?  They're plenty of Guards at that weight.

There are not a lot of 344lbs guards in the cfl lol our other guards top out at 310. Dobson had to go down in weight from 330 despite being able to dunk at that weight. 

30 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Let’s not forget Liam Dobson with the sack and Jake Kelly got a carry at running back. Those announcers were idiots. 

lol yeah it was Kruicks with the carry but they kept saying Jake Kelly.  And they also couldn't seem to figure out who #74 was for the Bombers, despite him having his name on his back.

Watched most of the game but maybe not fully paying attention at times. 

3 stars 

1. Streveler. 7 of 8 for 65 yards. Trucked a few guys. Looked just fine. 

2. Tie. I liked all of garbut rivers and even schmekel. They were all solid and noticeable. 

3. Moses. Gemmel. Petrichien??? Whatever his name was. Those guys were flying out there. 

I’ll add one more for pre season. 

4. Wilson. Once he settled down (didn’t take that long for a pure rookie) he looked like he has some legit cfl staring potential down the line.  You could almost see the game slowing down for him as he got more reps. 

as for the ones who sucked. 

really just Barry eh. 

Edited by Goalie

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

There are not a lot of 344lbs guards in the cfl lol our other guards top out at 310. Dobson had to go down in weight from 330 despite being able to dunk at that weight. 

I don't think Wallace was 344, when drafted.  You also have to remember he's 6'5, so 330lbs isn't a bad weight.

43 minutes ago, CrazyCanuck89 said:

I don't think Wallace was 344, when drafted.  You also have to remember he's 6'5, so 330lbs isn't a bad weight.

He was 344 at the combine. 
it is for the cfl. Neufeld is 310 and 6’6. 

344 is definitely on the high end for the CFL. I think he'll end up playing at 335 but he sure looks like a pro to me already.

He started in both guard and both tackle spots at University of Buffalo. That says to me that he can pick things up pretty quickly. With his size and strength and the fact that he is in camp with the Bombers in year one, I'm baffled as to how he dropped to 17th overall. He started almost 40 games at a Div 1 FBS school. I don't want to get too excited but this is looking like a total steal of a pick.

22 minutes ago, Atomic said:

344 is definitely on the high end for the CFL. I think he'll end up playing at 335 but he sure looks like a pro to me already.

He started in both guard and both tackle spots at University of Buffalo. That says to me that he can pick things up pretty quickly. With his size and strength and the fact that he is in camp with the Bombers in year one, I'm baffled as to how he dropped to 17th overall. He started almost 40 games at a Div 1 FBS school. I don't want to get too excited but this is looking like a total steal of a pick.

100% baffled too. The knock on him was he was raw and needed a good bit of polish, and a lot of his fall was based on weight/speed combination. 

Im sure Marty has done a good bit of work with him. But for progress that fast he probably has really focused on being more sound due to excel at this level. He could get by with ease on size and athleticism in college. Some times increased competition is what a guy needs to hit the next level and some times that happens fast. 

In One of the interviews with him here, he was asked about weight. He said the bombers didnt mention his weights at all. They clearly weren’t concerned with his speed. He said he’s cut down on his own but isn’t going crazy with it. He’s just eating a bit better. Hence the being down about 9-10lbs. I think at 315 ish he’d have elite speed for an interior ol. 

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

Poor assesment and scouting, and not digging in and looking at...everything...I re-watched a bit more this aft...He looked totally like a guy who been in league already...was actually shocked, as figured he's need a good season to acclimate...maybe not...he's massive, and not in a sloppy way, and moves well which aids in his aggressive play....we stole the best Oline guy in draft

43 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

100% baffled too. The knock on him was he was raw and needed a good bit of polish, and a lot of his fall was based on weight/speed combination. 

Im sure Marty has done a good bit of work with him. But for progress that fast he probably has really focused on being more sound due to excel at this level. He could get by with ease on size and athleticism in college. Some times increased competition is what a guy needs to hit the next level and some times that happens fast. 

In One of the interviews with him here, he was asked about weight. He said the bombers didnt mention his weights at all. They clearly weren’t concerned with his speed. He said he’s cut down on his own but isn’t going crazy with it. He’s just eating a bit better. Hence the being down about 9-10lbs. I think at 315 ish he’d have elite speed for an interior ol. 

yup....doesnt pay to read clippings and assesments not of yhour own....also he could have had poor coaching and never been mandated to work on technique.....but he definately looked game ready as a very good 6th at the least...and a jumbo package mauler....Imagine Eli..Dobson and Neuf on short yardgae with Wally squeezoing Bryant inside and collapsing the edge?....god lord

35 minutes ago, Booch said:

Poor assesment and scouting, and not digging in and looking at...everything...I re-watched a bit more this aft...He looked totally like a guy who been in league already...was actually shocked, as figured he's need a good season to acclimate...maybe not...he's massive, and not in a sloppy way, and moves well which aids in his aggressive play....we stole the best Oline guy in draft

yup....doesnt pay to read clippings and assesments not of yhour own....also he could have had poor coaching and never been mandated to work on technique.....but he definately looked game ready as a very good 6th at the least...and a jumbo package mauler....Imagine Eli..Dobson and Neuf on short yardgae with Wally squeezoing Bryant inside and collapsing the edge?....god lord

For sure. having the best ol, and coaching in the league has really cemented the next man up process. Marty is a beast and I bet he’s excited about this crop of guys. 
Imagine if manu comes up too lol. Embarrassing for other teams. 

Eli Dobson and Wallace. Almost 1000lbs of beef. 
 I think neuf is in the verge of replacement, but his experience and leader ship for the right side is needed now more than in a very long time. He’s gonna be critical in settling our rt. 

We are in great shape with the interior line and ni depth.